Bristol Palin's dancing prompts man to shoot his TV

99navert

Established Member

By Sharif Durhams of the Journal Sentinel

Nov. 17, 2010 9:14 a.m.

A rural Dane County man believes Bristol Palin should not be on "Dancing With The Stars."

He demanded his wife get his pistols to emphasize his point.

The result: A 15-hour standoff Monday and Tuesday involving hostage negotiators, a dog team and other law enforcement authorities on one side and the Town of Vermont man on the other.

The only casualty: The man's television.

Dane County prosecutors have charged Steven N. Cowan with second-degree reckless endangerment in the incident that made his wife worry that he would shoot her, according to a criminal complaint.

Cowan, 67, and his wife were in the living room Monday night, watching the dance competition program that has featured the daughter of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin this season as one of the competitors.

As Bristol Palin danced on the screen, Cowan raged.

"The (expletive) politics," he yelled, according to the complaint. Cowan was upset that a political figure's daughter was on the show when he didn't consider her a good dancer, his wife told authorities.

Cowan went to his bedroom and came back about 20 minutes later, demanding that his wife find his pistols. Cowan's daughter had taken two handguns away for safety reasons, according to the complaint.

Cowan had tracked down a single-shot shotgun in the house, he "slapped" bullets down onto a TV tray, loaded a round and took out the TV, the complaint says.

Cowan's face was bright red. He loaded the gun again. His wife put a blanket over her head, thinking that if her husband decided to shoot at her, she didn't want to see it.

Cowan then demanded his pistols. His wife grabbed her purse and left the house and went to the local police department and the standoff ensued.

Cowan's wife told authorities that he has been taking medication for bipolar disorder and that the family's finances have caused stress. He had been drinking at a bar before he came home, according to the complaint.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Sarah Palin was blatantly using the show for publicity. She had more airtime on the mid-dance biographies, and spoke more about herself than her own daughter, who was actually dancing. :dw:

I won't comment too harshly on Bristol's dancing. She's a big girl, and a bit stiff at times. Certainly not worthy of the high numbers the judges were giving her.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
haters_gonna_hate.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't personally think Sarah Palin was "blatantly using the show for publicity". Maybe I missed something, but I haven't heard her saying much at all about herself and nothing about politics. She has talked a lot, though, about her daughter Bristol, whom she supports big time. However, I was definitely surprised to see Bristol voted to the final and Brandi voted off. Brandi is a superior dancer (second only to Jennifer Grey, who will likely win the competition). Sadly, when shows like this use public votes you're going to see a lot of people vote for attributes/reasons other than talent. Which is why the final winner should not be chosen by the public. Heck, if this was a real dancing talent contest it would be judged solely by a panel of judges, and judged solely by (1) talent, (2) personality and (3) perseverance/effort. But let's face it, it's intended to be Hollywood entertainment. And a bit of controversy usually doesn't hurt the ratings.

UncleDan

Established Member
Dang OP you beat me to the punch to post this!

It's just Uncle extremely violent reaction fueled by alcohol taking care of buisness again!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Nothing like a little over-reaction. When I see something on TV I don't like (like Rose O'Donnel), I just change the channel. No need to shoot the TV....

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
****ing rednecks, holy shit...

I can almost guarantee you that this particular "redneck" is also a rabid Vermont Liberal who is not only bi-polar, but also completely consumed by PDS(Palin Derangement Syndrome).

If it were not so dangerous, the frothing hatred libs have for Palin (and Bush BDS) would be comical.

Completely unhinged.:dw::nonono: Yet we get accused of hating, libs are all peace and love.:rollseyes

99navert

Established Member
I can almost guarantee you that this particular "redneck" is also a rabid Vermont Liberal who is not only bi-polar, but also completely consumed by PDS(Palin Derangement Syndrome).

If it were not so dangerous, the frothing hatred libs have for Palin (and Bush BDS) would be comical.

Completely unhinged.:dw::nonono: Yet we get accused of hating, libs are all peace and love.:rollseyes

It happened just outside of Madison, Wisconsin, so yes it did occur in an extremely liberal area.

yellowbra

Established Member
It happened just outside of Madison, Wisconsin, so yes it did occur in an extremely liberal area.

yea but based upon the last voting polls WI was extremely republican? I live in Miwaukee BTW and this is the first time I'm hearing of this lol.

EDIT: I guess you did say right outside of Madison, I guess I'll have to agree with you. Over there in Madison they wanted to ban drive throughs because of the cars idling lol.

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
I am not going to get into all the political BS but if she showed her boobies I would still look at them. That's all she is good for to me. It's just entertainment. Granted I don't watch the show but my wife does. There is an hour of your life wasted I tell her, she just ignores me.

boatcop1

Established Member

THIS!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread