Breaking in a cobra

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra with 12k. I am the second owner and was wondering what signs I could see to tell if the car was "broken in" correctly? What exactly entails "breaking in" a car? Thanks

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
No way to tell how the car was broken in. If it drives right, sounds right and has the power it should have you're all good.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
what type of person did you buy it from, ask them if they took it easy for first 500-1000 miles, did they change oil early, etc is how you might be able to tell if broken-in or just driven right off lot.

some people say unnecessary to break in others say good idea. i can tell you i broke mine in nice and easy and she makes good numbers caompared to others that maybe werent. if you do search here you will find some info :read:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, if you' re looking to find out if it was initially broken in properly, there's really no way to tell. I'd focus on the condition today and if it running great, assume it's had a nice life and then continue to enjoy it. Have any pics of it you can post?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Yeah, if you' re looking to find out if it was initially broken in properly, there's really no way to tell. I'd focus on the condition today and if it running great, assume it's had a nice life and then continue to enjoy it. Have any pics of it you can post?

I'll try to get some pics, but my camera is broken currently. Right now she is mostly stock but after I get my new wheels and tires, I will definitely post some pics!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
There is only one way to properly break in a Cobra. Immediately go WOT out of the dealership and keep it to the wood the entire time you own it!

Users who are viewing this thread