Brake Duct Kits

SVT_Troy

Established Member
FWIW, I never cracked a set of rotors, just billions of spider cracks. I did manage to wear 2 sets down to min thickness.
Wheelhopper and Force4.6 will testify that I did use my brakes as hard as they did, and with more weight behind them (lightweight bastards).

with the same plates as I? If so did you block off part of the airflow so as to cut down some of the air blowing on the rotor face?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
hmmm, interesting...your making me want to just skip that and get the Kenne Brown ducts now.if i prevent one set of rotors from craving early they will have paid for themselves.....

I have your kit and have been running it for awhile, but with some mild pads. I'm looking at switching to the KB ducts based on the design and path of air to the rotor.

91GriggsGT

Established Member
I started with A47 brake kit when I was building my car, then switched to the KB setup. Both are good products in my opinion.

Main difference is the KB kit directs the air towards the center of the rotor, as opposed to the A47 just directing air to the inside face of the rotor. The KB kit is supposed to increase rotor life since it directs the air towards more of the rotor. :shrug:

I did not have any issues with the A47 kit. I just figured I would try the KB kit since I got a good deal on it.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yep it's already posted in this thread. I'm thinking about just getting the ducts and ill pass on the bumper pieces and buy my own hoses.

flyboygeo

Established Member
I installed the Lambert 3" setup with GT fog light adapters and had a pleasant experience with them. Ill try to get a picture or two up. Brought my rotor temps down from around 600F to 260-300F. Temps measured back in the paddock after event.

EDIT: Here are pictures. They direct air towards the center of the rotor, but it appears looking now that they allow some air to contact the rotor surface. Ill have to check when I throw the coil overs on.

img0010rj.jpg

img0013oe.jpg

img0016vj.jpg

Last edited:

OSUALUM78

Established Member
Got my plates in. Kenny Brown didn't ship cooling ducts and other. Waiting for that.

My post reason: I went to Home Depot last night to get reducer 5" to 3" and the biggest they had was 4" to 3"

Any ideas?

OSUALUM78

Established Member
I cannot find a 5" to 3" reducer anywhere. Home Depot and Lowes were a no go. Point and clicked online and same result. All have a 4" to 3" but no 5". 5" is the correct size right? Any help would be appreciated.

OSUALUM78

Established Member
OSUALUM78, Race Parts Solutions has what your looking for.
I dont see it on their website, but I pretty sure they carry all sorts of silicone reducers.

RPS Silicone Hoses, Transition Hose | RacePartSolutions.com

Thanks Sirl. So the 5" side would be ID and the 3" side would be OD? Is there anyway to get out of having to use the coupler (or I guess a hump hose could be used too)? Just trying to reduce the amount of parts and clamps....

I'll give them a ring tomorrow

Last edited:

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
I've searched extensively for the reducer that cobra-boss and sirl talk about to no avail
Foglight Brake Duct Adapter Home Depot.jpg
The only thing I found was a Fernco 1056-53
Fernco 1056-53.jpg
Anybody find anything like the top one? Seems like the way to go, using a PVC rubber reducer. Does the trick for a fraction of the cost for one at racing supply vendor.

cobra-boss

Established Member
I used the Franco style on my car. Ill have to double check the size, it was 5" to 3" or 6" to 3" I just dont remember.

Users who are viewing this thread