Brake Duct Kits

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm still undecided on which kit to get.....I've been waiting on 99cobra to finish his new design.....

TDS-03

Established Member
Anyone running the Agent 47 plate?

SN95 Brake Cooling Kit

I am running the Agent 47 kit, but be aware of possible issues. I am lucky enough to live in San Diego and when they didnt fit on my 03 cobra I went to the Agent 47 shop and they re-fitted for me. Bear in mind this was 4 years ago, and at the time, they said they had tested on fox body but not all mustangs. Weird since they did a lot of 03/04 cobra specific parts back in the day. I am hopeful they took the change in as part of thier design, but might want to call and confirm.

Other than that, they have been great. Nicely tigged alum pieces that have performed very well. Good clearance for ABS sensor, etc.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I have a pair of 3 year old midcontinent mustang ducts (no hose, just the part that bolts to the caliper) that I no longer use. Send me a pm with an offer if interested.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
71200sk.jpg

Does the KB block air to the rotor face itself and supply air to the center only?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
looks like the kb kit only goes to the inside of the rotor like desired for max effect. The only problem is the hose connection isnt round to fit the hose.....

SVT_Troy

Established Member
some heavy duty hoses dont flex that much. Ultimately we would need dimensions of that oval shape to see if typical hoses would stretch over it. If it doesn't fit some sort of adapter or coupling would work out great. shouldn't be too hard i would think..

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
My old backing plates had oval inlets..it actually directs more of the air into the center hat of the rotor. It was a bit more difficult to attach the hose, but once on the hose clamp always held it firm.

IMG_0717.gif

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
+1 for Greg's setup that is the same one I use. Provides plenty of air to the center of the rotor.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Ended up picking up these plates used here for cheap. I do believe there the set made by Anthony (99cobra2881). I am waiting to see how his new revised set comes out or just pick up the more expensive Kenny Brown ducts which direct air to the inside of the rotor.

My question is, would it be better if I tack weld a piece of metal to cover part of the hole allowing air to blow more towards the inside of the hat? Wondering if it would even make a difference worth doing. I'm sure it wouldnt cost hardly anything to do....

IMG_2224_zps8cac5217.jpg

IMG_2225_zpscfde3812.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
Yes, tack a piece of metal to direct the air to the middle. I have the same mounting kit that you have and while it works well and the price was great, eventually my rotors always crack on the outside. I have cracked at least 10 rotors on the outside in the past 4 years. After some research I am convinced that it is because the most of the air is blowing on the inside ring of the rotor and not enough air is getting forced to the center and pushed through the vanes.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yes, tack a piece of metal to direct the air to the middle. I have the same mounting kit that you have and while it works well and the price was great, eventually my rotors always crack on the outside. I have cracked at least 10 rotors on the outside in the past 4 years. After some research I am convinced that it is because the most of the air is blowing on the inside ring of the rotor and not enough air is getting forced to the center and pushed through the vanes.

hmmm, interesting...your making me want to just skip that and get the Kenne Brown ducts now.if i prevent one set of rotors from craving early they will have paid for themselves.....

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ive come into a set of what appears to be the KB brake cooling setup but the hoses are pretty well shot, wheres the best place to get new hoses?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
My old backing plates had oval inlets..it actually directs more of the air into the center hat of the rotor. It was a bit more difficult to attach the hose, but once on the hose clamp always held it firm.

IMG_0717.gif

hmmm, interesting...your making me want to just skip that and get the Kenne Brown ducts now.if i prevent one set of rotors from craving early they will have paid for themselves.....

FWIW, I never cracked a set of rotors, just billions of spider cracks. I did manage to wear 2 sets down to min thickness.
Wheelhopper and Force4.6 will testify that I did use my brakes as hard as they did, and with more weight behind them (lightweight bastards).

Users who are viewing this thread