Brake Duct Kits

cobra-boss

Established Member
Any of them should be fine, the biggest difference is the hose temp. i bought the 1st one listed years ago and has been fine. On mine I noticed that the air was blowing 50/50 on the rotor face and the center, so I cut a piece of alum and blocked the air from the rotor face to stop uneven cooling.

Jim

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Like Jim says, a 3" that is round at the outlet is gonna blow partially on the rotor. My old ones had a transition to an oval outlet that directed the air to the center of the rotor (out of production now). You might find out if the second one does that.

shb5007

Established Member
Alrighty, guess I will get the 2" and see what I can do with it.

Always better than nothing at all, right? lol

djs197mustang

S197 Road Racer
Established Member
Has anyone tried the Kenny Brown Kit? It also has a transition from 3" to oval; seems to direct airflow into the centre of the rotor not the face.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
subscribing....

seems to me that 3" would be ideal for open track events so I might have to mix & match to get the best fit. The Quantum fog light mounts, high temp hose and a duct that properly directs air flow.

Does the midcontinent mustang guy have the 3" to oval duct?

Last edited:

OSUALUM78

Established Member
Suscribing. I would like a 3" brake cooling duct kit that attaches to the OEM open inner fog hole and shoot to the inside of the rotor with high temp 2 ply silicone hose.

How to achieve this?

With a 3" the duct tubing, does it mount directly on the OEM foglight bezel? Is that why the 3" kit from Quantum on Lambert not show a mounting flange to the front foglight area?

So to achieve what I want, I could buy the 3" high temp 2 ply silicone hose from Pegasus Racing (https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3631) and then buy the spindle mount from Kenny Brown (Front Brake Ducts for 1996-2004 Mustang and Cobra | Shop Kenny Brown) and buy 4 worm gear clamps from Lowe's or Home Depot?

Are the duct cooling fans worth anything?
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=5751

Has anyone ever pulled their rear scoop, gutted a hole in it and the inner sheet metal and done ducting to the rear brakes? Is this possible?

Thanks

Last edited:

cobra-boss

Established Member
I went to my local Home Depot in the pluming dept and found a rubber reducer 6" (or maybe 5") to 3". Removed the fog lights and the slid the reducer over the fog light opening then just put the 3" cooling duct in, tighten both up and has worked just fine for 3-4 years now.

Jim

shb5007

Established Member
I went to my local Home Depot in the pluming dept and found a rubber reducer 6" (or maybe 5") to 3". Removed the fog lights and the slid the reducer over the fog light opening then just put the 3" cooling duct in, tighten both up and has worked just fine for 3-4 years now.

Jim

What did you use to attach the hoses to the rotors?

Sirl

Established Member

Jim

Just did the same...
Used a big 5 inch hose clamp to keep it attached

Brake2-1.jpg

David Hester

Established Member
A47 BRAKE COOLING KIT The use of scoops and ducts to direct air to your brake rotors is a proven way to greatly improve breaking performance and is a must for all track or serious performance cars.
Not sure that is what we are looking for..... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread