Brady is toast for the season!

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
If the Pats are going to be a playoff team their defense is going to have to carry them but I'm not sure they can do it anymore. Certainly not like they did earlier in this decade. They still have talented recievers but I think they really need Brady to deliver the ball to them.
Hey, who knows, maybe Cassell just needs more playing time but he hasn't been a starter since high school, kind of worrysome. Time will tell.

They don't need Cassell to be Brady cuz thats not happening... what they need him to excel at is good ball management.. keep the mistakes down.. know when to THROW THE BALL AWAY!! under pressure.. and I agree the defence will have to step it up... thats very important..

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
SolarYellow... do you know how much of a sally you sound like complaining about them running up the score.... The Colts did the same thing a few years back... were you as upset about them running up the score too... I dought it, oh wait a minute... they must have done it with class :bored:

This discussion is about the patriots. Make a topic about the Colts running up the score and i'll be sure to comment in a negative light. I'm lucky I know who won last years super bowl let alone which Colts game you are mentioning.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
They don't need Cassell to be Brady cuz thats not happening... what they need him to excel at is good ball management.. keep the mistakes down.. know when to THROW THE BALL AWAY!! under pressure.. and I agree the defence will have to step it up... thats very important..

Absolutely, he will need to sustain long drives. Too many 3 and outs against the Chiefs but we can only hope he gets better as he gets more games under his belt.

ff500

Established Member
I'm basing that prediction on a few things, Pats are 2 1/2 pt underdogs ( already losing respect ), NY has it posted over all there newspapers that the Pats are pretty much done, Pats were on a mission before Brady injury to avenge last years SB loss and now are on a bigger mission to prove that they play as a Team and win as a Team.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
That's not "class." That's called playing down to your opponents level. Great teams don't do that. Class is kicking ass and then not gloating about it...

they never gloated about anything... they just scored... when did the NFL turn into such a sissy league? If you can't stop a team from putting points on the board... boo frigitty boo hoo... too bad.

BLUBLLS

they never gloated about anything... they just scored... when did the NFL turn into such a sissy league? If you can't stop a team from putting points on the board... boo frigitty boo hoo... too bad.

I agree with you completely. That's what I was trying to say to the other poster :beer: The league has been transforming into a sissy league for a few years now. Case in point, the wussy ass penalties given to protect the QB's. It's a fricken contact sport and you can barely hit the QB. It's a joke! Just look at the penalty called on Urlacher for "hitting" Manning this weekend. Pathetic...

Last edited by a moderator:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Hey, I'm just responding to what you said, someone asked who's "loving it" and and you said "right here".

Indeed. I don't like him and he's out. Of course I'm loving it. Not saying I'm glad he is hurt, but I'm glad he's out.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Indeed. I don't like him and he's out. Of course I'm loving it. Not saying I'm glad he is hurt, but I'm glad he's out.

It sucks for Tom Brady, it sucks for the New England Patriots, it sucks for the NFL and it sucks for REAL football fans.
That's how I feel about it whether it be Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, etc.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Does New England even have a second string quarterback?

It sucks for Tom Brady, it sucks for the New England Patriots, it sucks for the NFL and it sucks for REAL football fans.
That's how I feel about it whether it be Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, etc.

The only thing is that when McNabb gets hurt, the Eagles play better.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member

You have no idea if I am a "real" football fan or not. I don't dislike ANY player in the AFC or NFC more than I dislike Tom Brady. Tom takes a lot of credit for shit that he never does. He takes a lot of credit for work his DEFENSE is doing. THAT is why I don't like him.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
You have no idea if I am a "real" football fan or not. I don't dislike ANY player in the AFC or NFC more than I dislike Tom Brady. Tom takes a lot of credit for shit that he never does. He takes a lot of credit for work his DEFENSE is doing. THAT is why I don't like him.

Now this post goes a long way in proving how little you know. Tom Brady always credits his teamates for the teams success. But you're right about his defense doing all the work in setting almost every offensive record last season.
You need to stop now because you know nothing about Tom Brady and apparently football either.

Users who are viewing this thread