Boys with big single pumps in here!

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
OP -
I've never had one issue with my fuel setup.
I run this pump -> Aeromotive | 11102 - Pro Series Fuel Pump

I have #12 feed lines from the sump to the prefilter, #12 to the pump, #12 to the afterfilter, and #12 feed to the engine where my regulator is mounted behind the intake.
I run a #8 return line.

I don't run any sort of cooler or controller on it either.
Just a 40 amp relay connected directly to my trunk mounted battery.
My pump used to reside in front of my tank behind the rear end.

However I changed my lower control arms and my factory rear sway bar would hit the pump on bumps.
So I moved the pump and mounted it under the rear bumper support (but above my saleen bumper cover so it isn't seen).

I've driven my car for over 2 hours straight with no issues.

As others stated, I would suggest checking the voltage to the pump and ensure your filters aren't clogged.

For reference, my pump sits almost identical height to the rear sump.

Good luck getting it figured out.
I've had great success with Aeromotive stuff.

Ryan

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
ive said it a bunch of times the return line is right next to the other line, and the pump is hanging up inside my rear bumper. Looks like i need to move the return line to the front of the tank.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
ive said it a bunch of times the return line is right next to the other line, and the pump is hanging up inside my rear bumper. Looks like i need to move the return line to the front of the tank.

So are mine (feed and return) are both side by side on the sump.
No issues for me.
The only quirk I've had is if my tank gets below 1/4 tank the pump starts fluctuating my pressure. Probably due to this situation.

I wouldn't think this is your issue, but each pump could react differently.
Have you noted your fuel level and if the issue started when below 1/2 tank?

ttype69

Established Member
Since moveing the line is going to be a test so to say . What you can do is cap the spot were the return line is now . Then go to the fuel filler neck and make a hole in that to put a fitting into and run the returning fuel right into the filler neck. Ive have not done this myself but it does save possible damageing the tank it will help fight the vapor lock especialy when the tank is full. The only down side to this is it doesnt return fuel close to the sump in the tank so haveing plenty of fuel is a important thing. This will also take less time and if you ever do change it to return right to the tank you can also just cap that off as well. Another positive to your case running the return at the filler is that the hottest fuel from the engine will be further away froms sump.
Things to check
fuel quality is always number 1 getting gas at a pump is not trustworthy

remotely run a fuel pressure gauge inside the car and watch what it does Then make changes to the return line only and whatch the diff. If you have a frps then using a scan tool that reads the sensor could also be used.

while watching gauge if pressure drops out you should have a feed issue. If pressure spikes then a possible return problem

If pressure stays good queston fuel quality and other issues

Last edited:

D-MANN

Established Member

Return to the front or drop down from your fuel hat. Whatever you decide. You could also add another vent while your tank is down just to make sure it's venting enough.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i have not drove mine for hours yet but i have the magnafuel 750 pump and i run -10 feed and -8 return.

i have 105 lbs injectors

i will have to keep an eye on things.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
my tank

b1acf2e5.jpg

there is a return line above the bottom 2 feed ports

1315528540.jpg

this was my setup but i went with the 750 and took the 625 back. i wanted a little bigger pump.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
im going to call magnafuel and ask them what they want me to do....go over my whole setup and decide if their pump will work
might do a single in tank pump with my magnafuel working as WOT pump buddy james did it

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
I have a A-1000 with -10 feed and -8 return with a custom pickup for the tank. I have drove 10+ hours in summer heat without any problems whatsoever. No controller or fuel cooler. I agree with what everyone has said as far as pump placement as well as return line placement but I am thinking it could be in your regulator or a restriction in your return line somewhere. Also have you checked your fuel filters? If not might be something to look into.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
im going to be installing a single in tank pump the next few weeks where i can just have the magnafuel pump come on under boost

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
Just sell and get a different pump, I run a weldon pump, 2025a with 8 feed and 6 return on top of my tank. Can drive for as long as I want to, run off of factory power wires due to only a 15a max current draw. So no overloading of factory wires. Rear sump and pump mounted above the tank. No controller or fuel cooler.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Make sure you have a big enough vent, that can starve the pump.

I have -8 feed and -6 return with a eliminator and aeromotive pump controller with 80lb injs. I just drove my car 5 hours non stop the other day with 0 problems. I don't have a fuel cooler of any sort either. It does help if you have a little bigger feed from the tank to pump. I have -10 from tank to pump.

I would check the vent tho. It may be vented but it may need a little more. I have a -8 breather on my car.

I'm running my pump on 8.5 ish volts until 3000 rpm then it goes full.

I hope this helps man
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread