Bowling Green Pics

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
awsome pics!

Robert - your sig is awsome! The black really does look good.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
KevinJKD,

According to the guy next door to Amazon who had a Works Lightning blower on hand, November is the release. At least it's not "two weeks".

Vector,

It was COLD that day. [obvious in some of the pics]

John [JPatte],

We took Lyle's Expedition. Maybe next year we take some of our cars. Dan's wasn't ready, Lyle's is put away for winter, and mine's still too slow [warranty]. It was a lot of fun. I learned a LOT about our cars and Fords in general.

Several mean wipe outs as well including one guy whose Fox body throttle stuck wide open in the pits. He narrowly missed a little girl, side swiped a Grand Marquis and slammed into the rear of a flatbed trailer which pushed the pick up it was attached to 10 feet sideways and forward into the track fence. Thank God no one was hurt!

The southern guys seem to ride through the wheelies rather than set the cars back down! Bumpers were hitting! One guy barely got his wheels back down before slamming into the wall. I couldn't see clearly, but he may still have been on his rear wheels only when he hit.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yeah baaaaby, yeah!.... thanks Eric :beer: :beer:

and Dave, I expected nothing less from you :coolman:

attachment.php

Last edited:

flyn high again

Established Member
Thanks, P3Pete. I met so many people and there was so much happening that it's hard to remember everything. Especially on little sleep. I'd go to bed now, but the Bears/evil Packers are playing the first game at the new Soldier Field.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Damn that pic of that works blower is almost as hot as the girls :eek: well maybe it wil lbe around in march :) i can only hope right

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Robertson Racin, PLEASE post a full size picture of your avatar!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
wait for the works...

Originally posted by flyn high again
...According to the guy next door to Amazon who had a Works Lightning blower on hand, November is the release....

that was our good friend Sal (The Mad Scientist :) ) and his Power Surge Performance team who were pitted next to us.....he really likes the Works blowers on his Lightnings.....Rick is very anxious to begin selling and installing them

140 cubic inches and a true (licensed) Lysholm twin-screw design implementation that doesn't stretch the rotors like the KB does...gobs of low and midrange torque :burnout:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
This is the one I'm waiting for.
It appears to be more ready for market than the KB.
Not to mention slightly larger displacement too.

There are also other kits in the development stages, from different manufacturers.

This should prove to be an interesting winter as far as power options go.
Dana

lguerra1

Established Member
Hey Guys,

It was great meeting all of you. I went away slightly upset for not breaking into the 11's. I guess I can't complain for the 12.02 at 119mph though. Big congrats to Brad for driving his silver coupe to an 11.60 at 120mph, "ON F1's". Great driving job Brad.

A big thanks to the Amazon Racing Team. You make everyone feel welcome, and we appreciate your hospitality. Ken, good luck with the other half shaft install. You won't have Rick there to get that damn nut to 250lbs ft of torque.

As always, there were more 03's in the spectator parking than running on the track. It is a shame that it works out that way, but I guess it is there loss. I bought the car to run it hard, and it is always fun doing just that.

PS. The pretty girl was Ken's friend, Penny. She had a very sharp looking GT, and is not scared to drive it.

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Hey all, I had an awesome time, even with the half shaft bustage. Thanks again Rick Linn and crew. Yeah I may not have him to do the torqing but i will have a lift and i got plenty af ass to do the job. :beer: I'll get the other one here in a week or so.

flyn high again

Established Member
Here's a pic of Brad in his silver coupe. As Luis said, 11.60s with 1.7 60's on F-1s. That's driving! Congrats on winning the street tire comp., Brad.

flyn high again

Established Member
Does anyone recognize this car? 12.60s I believe. It's a Mercury Marauder. I believe the kit is $5999.[correct me if I'm wrong] Don't race it with a stock Cobra!

flyn high again

Established Member
It was really cold Sunday. The girls are heading for their coats. Look at the kid to the right. He looks pretty happy.

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
That Marauder is the Trilogy kit. My buddy has one (kit #4) and he came by Sunday and I got a ride in it:uh oh:
Only addition is the blower and got 394 rwhp through the auto trans...that much sheet metal shouldn't accelerate that fast. The car at BG had 4:10's as I understand.

What is interesting is that he told me that company is in the process of developing a kit for 99-01 Cobra's. It'd be nice if they marketed just the manifold and other parts and opened up a strong market for the 03 Cobra Eaton's that get replaced by KB, Works, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread