Bought the wife a 2016 Explorer Sport

Formula51

Established Member
I have fully gone to the dark side or the light, depending on which side you are on. Born and raised a Chevy guy, now with two badass Fords parked in the garage in front of a "parking for Chevy fans only" sign, lol.

With two young boys and the fact I drive pretty much everywhere we go unless my wife is going to work, I figured I should get her (me) something fun to drive!

It is black with 401a package, LED fogs, 2nd row captains chairs, and Vista roof. We are both loving it so far.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
2016 was a good choice. There was a vast improvement on drivability compared to the 2015.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Hope to be making the same move within the next year. Although mine will be white and have the second row bench seats. Congrats man:beer:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I have fully gone to the dark side or the light, depending on which side you are on. Born and raised a Chevy guy, now with two badass Fords parked in the garage in front of a "parking for Chevy fans only" sign, lol.

With two young boys and the fact I drive pretty much everywhere we go unless my wife is going to work, I figured I should get her (me) something fun to drive!
It is black with 401a package, LED fogs, 2nd row captains chairs, and Vista roof. We are both loving it so far.

This was my motive when we picked up our new 13' a few years ago lol.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice.

Seems like a lot of folks are getting the Explorer Sport recently.

I don't blame em, it's a fun SUV to drive.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
You bought the exact model and trim I want. '16 XSport, 401A, Vista roof, LED fogs, 2nd row captains chairs. Enjoy it. Post pics.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 16's are awesome! Congratulations!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Congratulations! Im a lil jelly, wife didnt want to wait so she settled for the XLT (she’s paying for it so I dont feel too bad lol). Beautiful cars though and enjoy it lol

BlueSnake01

Established Member
whats the difference in the '15 and '16 models?
Outside of exterior changes and some standard options, nothing major. There’s a Platinum model out for the 16+ thats a Limited Explorer with the Sport engine, so I guess thats the biggest change.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
whats the difference in the '15 and '16 models?

I've put some time in both 15 and 16 Limited models and the biggest improvement I felt was in the steering and throttle reaponse. The 15s feel sluggish and heavy but the 16s feel much lighter and capable.

Formula51

Established Member
We actually had a 13' XLT with the 2.0L ecoboost that we traded in for this. It was a treat for my wife's promotion. We loved the Explorer in general, but this fixes all the little gripes and has all the "wish we had that" features like memory seats. The Sport definitely has a tighter suspension, firmer brake pedal and shorter steering ratio (haven't confirmed that but it certainly feels like it). And that engine, sweet! My wife told me she found herself "getting on it" this morning on the way to work because it is so much fun and she has never had a fast car before. Haha.

Formula51

Established Member
Best pic I could get with the halogen light in the garage. The wife is actually in there cleaning the moon roof, haha. 20160411_221056.jpg

snakedoctor

Established Member
Congratulations! Im a lil jelly, wife didnt want to wait so she settled for the XLT (she’s paying for it so I dont feel too bad lol). Beautiful cars though and enjoy it lol

Same here, just bought my wife a 16 XLT today fully loaded. She wanted the sport also but didn't want to pay that much for one. She's also making the payment so I won't complain. Besides hate to spend that much money on it just for her and the kids to trash it, lol

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Last night on the way home busted a SRT8 Jeep twice from a 60 roll. Pulled him about 1-1.5 SUV's to 100. It was the squarish bodied, not sure of year.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Tune it for sure. Should wake up even more and really put the power down.

Users who are viewing this thread