Bought my first supercharger kit for my 2011 GT

Quad4_72

Established Member
Can't you buy a Edelbrock pulley from Brenspeed & have them adjust the tune? Doesn't Edelbrock make 2.75 to 3.50+ pullies?

I called and asked them that specifically and the guy who I spoke with (Chase) said that I can't do that, and I need to wait for them to come out with their upgrade kit. Once they come out with the 700HP kit which he says is in testing and will be ready in a month or two, then I can call, order the pulley and belt and they will give me a new tune for free.

matt5058

Established Member
I would HIGHLY recommend RWR in Littleton, CO over Revolution Performance or any shop in the Springs. If you notice, they are more imports as RWR is more domestic (Mostly Mustangs...Also, AED works closely with Rob). Not to mention Rob and his crew are great guys! I cannot speak for RMCR as I hadnt heard much about them.

http://www.rwrmotorsports.com/

I can't speak for RWR as I'm not familiar with them but Revolutions built and tuned my friend's 2002 Mustang GT and it's been running fine with a Procharger for a few years now, I want to say since 2009 or 2010. It's a mild tune because he hasn't upgraded his fuel system completely yet but the car was pretty beastly.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I can't speak for RWR as I'm not familiar with them but Revolutions built and tuned my friend's 2002 Mustang GT and it's been running fine with a Procharger for a few years now, I want to say since 2009 or 2010. It's a mild tune because he hasn't upgraded his fuel system completely yet but the car was pretty beastly.

I gave them a call. He said his tuner is not comfortable with the Coyote platform and they won't tune it :/

TEG-84

Established Member
I gave them a call. He said his tuner is not comfortable with the Coyote platform and they won't tune it :/

Ziiinnng!!! Because they are more focused on imports! Go with RWR you won't be disappointed and you'll get your dyno numbers up here at the same time vs Brenspeed

Quad4_72

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. Did you try to call RWR, as Epileptikks mentioned?

Yes I did but just to get the price quote. I also called brenspeed to see if I could simply pulley down at this altitude without a tune but they said I could not. They said their smaller pulley kit/tune will be out in about six weeks so I am probably gonna see if I can hold off till then.

GT915

Established Member
This may be a stupid question but what happens if you move or just drive the car to another area of the country that is closer to sea level? Would the car then require retuning? Also if you pulley it down now and go somewhere lower, is the boost then dangerously high for the stock engine?

Quad4_72

Established Member
This may be a stupid question but what happens if you move or just drive the car to another area of the country that is closer to sea level? Would the car then require retuning? Also if you pulley it down now and go somewhere lower, is the boost then dangerously high for the stock engine?

I was wondering those same things. According to Brenspeed they didn't taylor their tune for the altitude. That said, the original tune they gave me seemed too aggressive and produced knocking and a crappy idle. Once they adjusted it and sent me a new one it worked like a charm. I would imagine that if I went to a lower altitude my current tune would be fine, but I could also load the original tune and I bet it would be much more successful.

Yes I am also curious if I pulley down what would happen if I went down to sea level. I don't think it would be dangerous though. Because if I pulley down now, that will probably get me to about 7 psi at this altitude, which would translate to like 10 PSI at sea level so I think it would be ok. I am only getting 5 psi out of the current pulley.

GT915

Established Member
I'm very happy things worked out for you especially considering all the crap you had to listen to from some about your choices. Even if you don't pulley it down, you still picked up close to 200 rwhp with the blower so I'd think the difference in performance is HUGE.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I'm very happy things worked out for you especially considering all the crap you had to listen to from some about your choices. Even if you don't pulley it down, you still picked up close to 200 rwhp with the blower so I'd think the difference in performance is HUGE.

Appreciate it. Yeah it seems all the crap was pretty unwarranted given like you said the almost 200 rwhp I picked up with the kit. I love the thing and would definitely buy it again.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'm surprised Brenspeed said you couldn't pulley down... My car was dyno tuned on an 85mm pulley. I pulleyed down to a 82 & then a 79. I data logged both & both were fine. My tuner verified the logs. I had to make some adjustments for torque management on the auto trans, but that was it.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I'm surprised Brenspeed said you couldn't pulley down... My car was dyno tuned on an 85mm pulley. I pulleyed down to a 82 & then a 79. I data logged both & both were fine. My tuner verified the logs. I had to make some adjustments for torque management on the auto trans, but that was it.

Hmmmm perhaps I could but they probably just don't recommend it without a new tune, which makes sense given the increase in PSI.

REDS197

Established Member
You are tuned for 9 psi and only making 5. Go with 2 sizes smaller pulley and be done with it!!!!!!

JUST DO IT!!

SD_Stang

Established Member
If you ever move you won't be at 5 PSI I wouldn't mess with it if you are happy with it now. You mentioned earlier you were happy with a low boost application and your making close to 600 hp on 5 lbs which isn't to shabby. After you leave that elevation it's going to be 8 lbs if you plan on staying I would remote tune with AED what you have if RWR works with Shaun that should be no issue.

I would not pulliey it so soon after the install Remote tune with Shaun would be your best bet at RWR.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Why is moving relivent? He can always get a new tune from Brenspeed if he moves...
These cars have a wideband O2 & adjust the fuel to maintain a certain A/F... Your not using boost at low speed, so drivability isn't an issue. Try posting the question under a new thread in the tunning section, maybe some tuners will chime in and give you their thaughts...

REDS197

Established Member
I wouldn't pay Shaun for what Rob at RWR can do. Why pay more?? I ran brenspeed tune on my last car. I raised the boost 4 psi and never needed a tune. If you do move then get a re-tune.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
how is the whine with the comp intake? I am debating getting this kit or the vmp tvs but if the whine isnt there I am gonna save cash and go the centri route.

Users who are viewing this thread