Bought my first supercharger kit for my 2011 GT

Quad4_72

Established Member
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum, but have had my 2011 Mustang GT since November of 2011. Well I finally decided to pull the trigger on buying the supercharger kit after all this time. I went with the Brenspeed Edelbrock 650 HP kit. I did tons of research and it was really the best deal I could find for the power it puts out. Now all I gotta do is wait for three weeks till it ships so I can get it installed. If anyone else has some experience with this kit would love to hear what you guys think.

cb900f

Established Member
I would like to hear why you went Edelbrock over the Roush. Edelbrock isn't the most common choice.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I would like to hear why you went Edelbrock over the Roush. Edelbrock isn't the most common choice.

Price to power ratio. I got out the door with my kit for $5917. The Roush kit that made the same amount of power would cost an additional $700. Not worth it to me. I spoke with George from Brenspeed for quite some time about the various kits and the Edelbrock seemed to fit all my needs.

cb900f

Established Member
Price to power ratio. I got out the door with my kit for $5917. The Roush kit that made the same amount of power would cost an additional $700. Not worth it to me. I spoke with George from Brenspeed for quite some time about the various kits and the Edelbrock seemed to fit all my needs.
Nice. Post up the results once it's done.

GT915

Established Member
Is it common to wait 3 weeks for a supercharger kit to ship? Im happy for you and hope you'll share your results. You doing the install yourself?

Quad4_72

Established Member
Is it common to wait 3 weeks for a supercharger kit to ship? Im happy for you and hope you'll share your results. You doing the install yourself?

I am not sure if it is common to wait. I sure as hell don't like waiting though haha. Brenspeed actually called me today and said Edelbrock might have a blower they can send out much sooner, so fingers crossed! I am having one of the local shops install it. They quoted me at $950 including dyno. I don't need the tune since it is included with the Brenspeed package.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
I have the smog legal version coming. I'll probably upgrade to a Brenspeed tune after that.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Update. George from Brenspeed was able to get Edelbrock to ship me a blower today....so should be here next week!

Stevem17500

Established Member
I recommend not getting the intake and using factory intake box...that blower creates ton of heat...better to just run a smaller pulley....I recommend 3.25 or 3.0 dependent on octane..trust me.. stock Intake .i had this blower

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Beefcake could of got u a tvs for almost same. Id research more and go tvs...

Quad4_72

Established Member
I recommend not getting the intake and using factory intake box...that blower creates ton of heat...better to just run a smaller pulley....I recommend 3.25 or 3.0 dependent on octane..trust me.. stock Intake .i had this blower

You had this blower on a 5.0? I have talked to others who went the exact same route as me and have had zero issues. One guy had his edelbrock on his car for 60,000 miles without any trouble. Why would the factory intake make the car run any colder?

Jabooh1

Established Member
You had this blower on a 5.0? I have talked to others who went the exact same route as me and have had zero issues. One guy had his edelbrock on his car for 60,000 miles without any trouble. Why would the factory intake make the car run any colder?

I believe because the PD style blowers will create a lot of heat in the engine bay. That is why the '13 GT500 has a huge heat extraction hood. The stock air Bo's will insulate you from that heat and suck in from the front grille area. Just my theory.

cold12pk

Established Member
OP, I have been running the same kit for ~15k miles with no issues. The Brenspeed tune was spot on but I would datalog and let Brent look it over to be sure. I did see some positve knock last winter due to some crappy winter blend gas...find a station with good gas and fill-up there as much as possible. For insurance I always add a bottle of Lucas booster if planning to run hard or hitting the track.
System was very easy to install with really detailed instructions. If you are mechanically inclined at all consider installing yourself and save some bucks for tires...you're gonna need some drag radials to use the power.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Awesome congrats OP...funny comment about the guy saying you should have got a TVS lol. If you have a Costco/Kirklands nearby I recommend getting your premium there...they actually use a Top Tier + rated fuel...much better than Sunoco or most other gas stations....cheaper too...worth the price of membership.

Quad4_72

Established Member
OP, I have been running the same kit for ~15k miles with no issues. The Brenspeed tune was spot on but I would datalog and let Brent look it over to be sure. I did see some positve knock last winter due to some crappy winter blend gas...find a station with good gas and fill-up there as much as possible. For insurance I always add a bottle of Lucas booster if planning to run hard or hitting the track.
System was very easy to install with really detailed instructions. If you are mechanically inclined at all consider installing yourself and save some bucks for tires...you're gonna need some drag radials to use the power.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be sending you a PM.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Awesome congrats OP...funny comment about the guy saying you should have got a TVS lol. If you have a Costco/Kirklands nearby I recommend getting your premium there...they actually use a Top Tier + rated fuel...much better than Sunoco or most other gas stations....cheaper too...worth the price of membership.

No Costco/Kirklands. I am in Colorado so all they offer around me is 91 octane :( I will have to settle for that.

Users who are viewing this thread