Bought my first supercharger kit for my 2011 GT

NickSezz

Established Member
So now that I think about it, would going to a 3.0 inch pulley be safe for the car without messing with internals? It's inexpensive and would add like 60 more HP. Why would I NOT do said pulley?

I would talk to Brenspeed about it first. If you were my customer I would advise a 3.25 pulley instead and monitor the MAF signal closely to ensure the stock sensor is not being maxed out in Edelbrock's 95mm hosing. Edelbrock does have an extended range MAF sensor so that may be a possible solution if you want to push close to the 600whp mark. We used combinations like that on 3V cars commonly but never really got into the same game on the Coyotes, although I think it would prove to be a worthwhile setup (3.25 or 3.00 pulley, Edelbrock MAF sensor, tune). Again, even with the MAF in check you now have to make sure your not running out of fuel.

Note: When upping the boost they also may want to pull some timing out of the tune depending on how aggressive it currently is.

Good luck!

Quad4_72

Established Member
I would talk to Brenspeed about it first. If you were my customer I would advise a 3.25 pulley instead and monitor the MAF signal closely to ensure the stock sensor is not being maxed out in Edelbrock's 95mm hosing. Edelbrock does have an extended range MAF sensor so that may be a possible solution if you want to push close to the 600whp mark. We used combinations like that on 3V cars commonly but never really got into the same game on the Coyotes, although I think it would prove to be a worthwhile setup (3.25 or 3.00 pulley, Edelbrock MAF sensor, tune). Again, even with the MAF in check you now have to make sure your not running out of fuel.

Note: When upping the boost they also may want to pull some timing out of the tune depending on how aggressive it currently is.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I gave them a call and they said to hold on for about two months because they are coming out with a 700 hp kit. He said the upgrade for me will consist of a pulley and belt and they will tune it again for free. So i will just sit tight with what I got for now :)

Quad4_72

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that the 650 kit has 9 psi.

I have never had a boost gauge so maybe I am reading it incorrectly.

Gauge 1.jpg

NickSezz

Established Member
You are reading the gauge correctly. ;-) Your high altitude is killing your boost. Less air, less boost pressure. The same goes for hot and cold climate but is not as dramatic of a change as your 6000ft elevation. 8-9 psi at sea level will be about 5-6 psi at 6000ft.

Quad4_72

Established Member
You are reading the gauge correctly. ;-) Your high altitude is killing your boost. Less air, less boost pressure. The same goes for hot and cold climate but is not as dramatic of a change as your 6000ft elevation. 8-9 psi at sea level will be about 5-6 psi at 6000ft.

Grrr. Such a huge difference. Oh well. Next time I move to a lower altitude I am sure I will be pleased. Free horsepower :)

REDS197

Established Member
Welcome to Denver! Just get 2 sizes smaller pulley like we all do to compensate for the altitude.

TEG-84

Established Member
I would, but where would I get the tune at?

I would HIGHLY recommend RWR in Littleton, CO over Revolution Performance or any shop in the Springs. If you notice, they are more imports as RWR is more domestic (Mostly Mustangs...Also, AED works closely with Rob). Not to mention Rob and his crew are great guys! I cannot speak for RMCR as I hadnt heard much about them.

http://www.rwrmotorsports.com/

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I guess I misspoke a bit with my previous question. I meant to ask how much would the tune be? Brenspeed will do a tune for free if I just wait and buy the pulley from them. If I get the pulley now and have say Underpressure tune it, they charge 550 dollars.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I went ahead and just called. RMCR costs $440, UPP is $550, and RWR is $640. As much as I want to get a smaller pulley now, I will just wait and have Brenspeed do it for free when they come out with theirs.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Can't you buy a Edelbrock pulley from Brenspeed & have them adjust the tune? Doesn't Edelbrock make 2.75 to 3.50+ pullies?

Users who are viewing this thread