Bought my first supercharger kit for my 2011 GT

Quad4_72

Established Member
how is the whine with the comp intake? I am debating getting this kit or the vmp tvs but if the whine isnt there I am gonna save cash and go the centri route.

There is definitely a noticeably whine, but it's only loud at WOT and not as loud as others. Loud exhaust kind drowns out the sound. If sound is what you are going for then definitely go a different route. But if you want really affordable and reliable bolt on 190 RWHP, go this route.

I will attempt to take a video with my phone at WOT today to try and get the sound. No promises on quality lol.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Why is moving relivent? He can always get a new tune from Brenspeed if he moves...
These cars have a wideband O2 & adjust the fuel to maintain a certain A/F... Your not using boost at low speed, so drivability isn't an issue. Try posting the question under a new thread in the tunning section, maybe some tuners will chime in and give you their thaughts...

Yeah I think I will make a new thread. I am really curious if it will work, and given that the first custom tune on my car produced knocking I am pretty hesitant to try and put a smallery pulley on without a custom tune.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
There is definitely a noticeably whine, but it's only loud at WOT and not as loud as others. Loud exhaust kind drowns out the sound. If sound is what you are going for then definitely go a different route. But if you want really affordable and reliable bolt on 190 RWHP, go this route.

I will attempt to take a video with my phone at WOT today to try and get the sound. No promises on quality lol.

thank you for the input. I will take this into consideration. congrats on the kit however and enjoy having a ton of fun

Users who are viewing this thread