Bought an 03 cobra!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I can imagine your excitement when the transport rolled up to your house. :)

It was a great feeling CobraBob. Now i am counting the days until spring. I cant wait to open her up, ive never had a car with anything close to this kind of power so i'm really looking forward to it.

CobraT

Established Member
CONGRATS!! I have a 03 ox white myself, just got it in November and have loved every minute of it. It's a bitch to keep clean but then again I'm very OCD about her. Enjoy it and take care of it, to many have been screwed up and wrecked and these cars are extremely special (which I'm sure you know). Welcome to your new addiction!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Cool! I'm glad that she went to someone who will take care of and enjoy her.

I will treat this car like a family member sir. My plans so far are to replace the salleen spoiler with a factory 03 cobra spoiler, install factory ford and svt badge's on the trunk lid, install a new front chin spoiler, new window tint and remove the ford muscle racing stickers that are on the windows. I need to get the passenger side bracket that holds the front bumper on. It appears to be pop rivets holding it on now and it doesn't line up right as well as get the hood lined up, it seems a little off. It also needs some new head lights or have the originals wet sanded and buffed when its in the body shop. I'm going to get the dent in the passenger door repaired as well as have a good PDR guy pop out the door dings then i'm going to do a full paint correction detail on her with my porter cable D.A polisher, clay bar the whole car, rubbing compound, finishing compound and a good sealant/glaze. I also plan on doing a real good cleaning/detail of the engine/engine bay as well as a minor wire tuck and relocate the battery to the trunk. I really want to get the ford gt style powered by ford coil covers and blue ford racing valve covers. Performance wise i'm going to get a Dyno tune done by Lidio at Alternative auto performance and then do some suspension work. The car sits way to low for my driveway so i plan removing the stock cut spring and replacing them with some H&R sport springs, Maximum Motorsports bump steer kit and a front end alignment. I'm also going to need tires so i plan on going with Nitto NT05's 275/40/17 up front and 315/35/17 out back on some new 17x10.5 inch AFS chrome 03 cobra replicas. Oh and i also plan on polishing the Bassani catback that's on the car. It didn't sound like that much work in my head but after typing it all out it seems like i better get to work to have her ready by spring lol. Sergio i am very happy with the car. Thank you for your honesty when explaining the condition of the vehicle to me. I expected it to need some TLC. You told me about the dent and door dings, you told me it would need new tires, explained that the chin spoiler was chewed up and that it would need new window tint. You didn't hide anything and i really appreciate it. I think for what i paid i got an awesome car and i plan on making her as close to perfect as possible.
:beer: :burnout:

Jay15COBRA

Established Member
Great find man. Where in Michigan you located? Maybe I'll see you on the roads. Always on the look out for other Terminators. I had my 03 tuned by Lidio last year. Runs great and a very honest guy on what you need for your car.

cdub2010

Established Member
Congrats, If you run into a sonic blue vert on the streets of motown, take it easy on me I dont race much. :-D I went from a '10 GT to my '03 Cobra, its an absolute blast to drive. I cant wait for the winter to pass and get back on the road.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I live 10 minutes outside of Detroit in the burbs. Saint clair shores. Im so hyped about the cobra as soon as my tax returns come in i plan on ordering my parts from A.M. The car was in a fender bender at some point because the hood and front bumper are a little off. The previous owner did tell me about it before i made the decision to buy the car. My title is clean, no salvage or rebuilt title. As soon as i get it all together i will take some good before and after pics. I cant wait until spring, were going to need to get some local SVTP members together for a photoshoot and to go beat up on some Chevy's lol

Users who are viewing this thread