Bought a 2013 Ford Edge today

Fuerza

Established Member
Well I wasn't expecting to make any end of the year purchases but we did.

First lets back up to Xmas and I rented a 2013 Ford Edge Limited from Enterprise rent a car. I ended up having the Edge for only a day because on our road trip we hit a deer about 200 miles from home. For the 24 hours we had the rental I was very impressed! Only issue besides the wreck was that for me drivers seating for my right leg is kind of tight. After the accident happened we had friends from ELP pick us up and drive us home. I'm glad nothing overly bad happened to the family. My wife is almost 3 months preggo so that day could have ended badly. We were really impressed at how well the Edge took the accident, I was driving and really didn't feel anything till it happened. Only bad part was when we hit the deer it cracked the radiator disabling the Edge and taking out a head light. I got all the rental car business worked out so that was that and our road trip was over.

Fast forward to yesterday and wifey and are we're still talking about how well the Edge did in the accident. Then we got to thinking about wifey's current daily an 11 Jeep Wrangler and how we are paying a lot for not much car and how safe it isn't compared to the Edge. Edge has nice heavy doors and lots of airbags compared to a fiber glass roof and no rear air bags. I ran all the numbers and blue book was our Jeep pay off so I figure with some negotiating we could get into an Edge if we really wanted. I was happy with the Edge & I was never a Wrangler fan. I was researching the Edge all last night so I knew the incentives basically $4k off MSRP, but I knew we could do better. I was also concerned about getting blue book/pay off for our Wrangler.

Today we go to the Ford Dealer and find the right vehicle V6 Edge limited with all the bells and whistles. I knew it would be tough but I got wifey on board and we went for it. We were there for a while and were going to walk twice. First time because of our trade, they wanted to give us less than pay off, the second time the guy was working two deals and gave us the wrong figures. We were pissed when they did that we even started packing up the papers, but we said will give you one more shot and they made it right. X-plan pricing plus a $2500 discount, and a little on the plus side for the Wrangler, $300 over pay off! I was happy because the Wrangler needed a new windshield and the tires were getting rough. Best part is 1.99% financing! Bam, signed sealed and delivered!

No pics cause it's dark but if you have seen one Edge you've seen them all.

I'm really happy and so is the wife. For the money I feel better about what we are paying compared to the Wrangler.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your 2013 Edge. I remember test driving a 2011 Edge and was very impressed. There are days where I wished I had bought the Edge instead of my 2011 LaCrosse (which has been a great car). I just like the added utility/space of a crossover. Enjoy it!

Nice deal with the 1.99% financing. :)

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
We are looking at trading in the wife's 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a 13 Ford Explorer bit we may owe too much on the Jeep in the short term to make it worth while.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Congrats, those '13 EDGES are so sexy!!!

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Congrats! We were about to pull the trigger on a loaded '13 Edge Limited but realized for just a bit more we could get a loaded '13 Explorer Limited so we went with that. Both great vehicles. :rockon:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Awesome buy. They are great looking vehicles.
My wife really wanted one and had her heart set on it until they redesigned the Explorer. We are waiting on her 2012 limited to be delivered!

Fuerza

Established Member
Congrats! We were about to pull the trigger on a loaded '13 Edge Limited but realized for just a bit more we could get a loaded '13 Explorer Limited so we went with that. Both great vehicles. :rockon:

Explorer was nice too however for the wife smaller is better. We have one small child and will be having a baby so the room the Explorer provides is more than what we need. I'm happy with the Edge's size and I could get one of those tail hitch attachments if we need to haul extra luggage for a vacation or what ever come along.

Users who are viewing this thread