BOSS sales

Loosescrews

Established Member
Do you think that the Boss will continue to bring a premium price? It seems to me as if the "$10k over MSRP days" are over. Ford has already announced that there will be a 2013 Boss and it will have a few more options and colors available.

:pop:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
it was always baked in the cake that the msrp was there for anyone willing to put a little effort in to hunt for their car instead of going to the local dealer and taking or leaving the one car he had sitting there.

it only makes sense that 4th quarter cars with the 13 model announced might even bring some good below msrp bargains.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I recently purchased a Boss, and it was a very frustrating process. I contacted a dozen local dealers, and only 2 of them had a Boss in inventory, and both wanted 5-10k over msrp. None of the dealers had remaining allocation for a Boss, they had either sold the one they had already received or they had pre-sold their incoming unit.

I managed to find a dealer 450 miles away that would sell me one at msrp, which is what I offered. I probably could have gotten a better deal, but in the end I got the exact car/options/color that I wanted. I think msrp or a little lower is about the best to be expected for now. good luck :beer:

Loosescrews

Established Member
it only makes sense that 4th quarter cars with the 13 model announced might even bring some good below msrp bargains.
I like your way of thinking. :thumbsup:

I recently purchased a Boss, and it was a very frustrating process. I contacted a dozen local dealers, and only 2 of them had a Boss in inventory, and both wanted 5-10k over msrp. None of the dealers had remaining allocation for a Boss, they had either sold the one they had already received or they had pre-sold their incoming unit.

I managed to find a dealer 450 miles away that would sell me one at msrp, which is what I offered. I probably could have gotten a better deal, but in the end I got the exact car/options/color that I wanted. I think msrp or a little lower is about the best to be expected for now. good luck :beer:
You have quite the dream garage. How do you like the Boss when compared to your other :coolman: rides?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I like your way of thinking. :thumbsup:

You have quite the dream garage. How do you like the Boss when compared to your other :coolman: rides?

well, I only keep one car at a time. Since I am married and cannot enjoy an assortment of women, I try to enjoy as many cars as possible :lol1:

I loved my C6Z's as well as my Shelby, and now the Boss. Each car has very different characteristics, and the "best" one is subjective. What I like about the Boss is it's individuality and uniqueness, as well as the fact it is a purpose built car. It's a perfect blend of power, suspension, braking, and is a true "drivers" car. I'm in love with the competition orange paint as well as the sound (1/2inch hole in baffles). It's not a blazing fast car (in comparison to the Z/Shelby), but it is not slow by any means. I like the way I am seated in the Boss, and the ride is very nice.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, happy to give you more of a perspective.

Loosescrews

Established Member
well, I only keep one car at a time. Since I am married and cannot enjoy an assortment of women, I try to enjoy as many cars as possible :lol1:

I loved my C6Z's as well as my Shelby, and now the Boss. Each car has very different characteristics, and the "best" one is subjective. What I like about the Boss is it's individuality and uniqueness, as well as the fact it is a purpose built car. It's a perfect blend of power, suspension, braking, and is a true "drivers" car. I'm in love with the competition orange paint as well as the sound (1/2inch hole in baffles). It's not a blazing fast car (in comparison to the Z/Shelby), but it is not slow by any means. I like the way I am seated in the Boss, and the ride is very nice.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, happy to give you more of a perspective.

:lol:

I understand what you are saying about the "best" being subjective. I've had everything from an old school 5.0 to a heavily modded Vette and each one had distinctive characteristics. Truthfully, I think that my bone stock 2002 WRX was the most "fun." I appreciate your time on describing the Boss. From what I gather from others descriptions of it I believe that it would become my new "most fun" car. :beer:

SDW Racing

Established Member
There was a dealer south of me that had a CO Boss...was told by a freind it could be had for MSRP....it was also on FleaBay. I called the salesman, he said they wanted 5K over MSRP for Ebay bidders, but I could buy it for 3K over....I said no thanks. A month has gone by, thought it was sold...it was not...it ended up going to a guy that kept coming in every week until he got it for MSRP.

I think its a crap shoot, depeneding on the demand in your area or how far someone is willing to travel. I will wait.

Loosescrews

Established Member
There was a dealer south of me that had a CO Boss...was told by a freind it could be had for MSRP....it was also on FleaBay. I called the salesman, he said they wanted 5K over MSRP for Ebay bidders, but I could buy it for 3K over....I said no thanks. A month has gone by, thought it was sold...it was not...it ended up going to a guy that kept coming in every week until he got it for MSRP.

I think its a crap shoot, depeneding on the demand in your area or how far someone is willing to travel. I will wait.

Yeah, I'm a bit curious as to whether or not they will continue to hold their premium which is one reason why I started this thread, I wanted to read what others had to say about it as well.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
A local dealer to me has 9 boss mustangs, 4 of them are LS...all of them have a 10-20k ADM attached to them

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
operative word with that dealer is "have". they have 9 bosses. they are priced in such a way they will continue to have bosses. when the 2013s come down, they will still have 2012 bosses.

i have not sold my race car yet and as long as i dont and also dont hit the lottery, i will keep waiting for my boss. this means its more and more likely all the time that i will have used boss 302s to choose from.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Prices always come down. ADMs never last and eventually rebates usually come into play from the inventory still left over once the hype dies off or a new model comes out.

Remember the PT cruiser when it was first released you couldn't get one without paying 5-7,500 over sticker and that was to be put on a waiting list(I didn't get why anyone wanted one at any price lol). Then they couldn't give them away and a used one goes for peanuts now. The 03-04 cobra had mark-ups and then you could get rebates and A/X plan pricing on them when they were about to release the 05s. Atleast they have held their value but some of that was because the bloated pricing of the Shelby. The 05s had mark-ups on them also that disappeared.(the manual cars actually were demanding higher prices because "there isn't many of them and Ford will be dropping the manual transmission ;-)) The 07 Shelby oh my did some people get KILLED on those paying upwards of 30k over in some cases for "the only year they are going to make them and VERY limited supply"!!! The 08-09 KR was another with huge ADMs(and price tag after Ford saw how much the new owners were willing to pay for the 07s) then the dealers and Ford had to discount them greatly to try and unload them once the 10s where coming. Some are still sitting waiting for someone.

ADMs would not excist if people where not willing to pay them. Some people are willing and justify it as "that's the price of admission to have the latest and greatest this week". Im only willing to pay what I perceive the value to be to me.

First rule of having better negotiations is having more knowledge about the purchase item then the people selling it to you. Rule 2 don't get emotionally attached to the purchase. There are many other rules but those 2 will save you multiple thousands of dollars. :beer:

Last edited:

FKing1

Established Member
My Dealer never sell any Fords over MSRP.Getting my Boss at sticker.
Went to another who wanted 5 over, but, came down to sticker trying to get my business.
Stayed loyal to usual dealer.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Do you think that the Boss will continue to bring a premium price? It seems to me as if the "$10k over MSRP days" are over. Ford has already announced that there will be a 2013 Boss and it will have a few more options and colors available.

:pop:

Hrm... looks like they plan to add SYNC and HID headlights, and maybe a sound system option.

Wonder what else they are going to add in. Good gawd, I hope they offer a WHEEL option!
(please Lord, let them offer a different WHEEL option!):bowdown:

Possible change to the front fascia & splitter too. Curious how that will look. Wish they had decided to change the back end instead :-/

Last edited:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
:lol:

The wheels are definitely my least favorite part of the Boss.

Ok I have to update my comment. Yesterday I actually got to see and thoroughly check out a Comp Orange Boss in person.

And now I have to say that those wagon wheels are NOT as bad in person as the pics make them look. I also have to say that Comp Orange is, if possible, even more fncking awesome in person than it is in pictures.

And the sound of that exhaust... :pepper:

Crap. Now I have to figure out how to convince the wife that I need a new car when my current car is perfectly fine. But then comes the quandry of also wanting a "classic" car to wrench on. To many desires and not enough cash to go around :-/

Loosescrews

Established Member
Ok I have to update my comment. Yesterday I actually got to see and thoroughly check out a Comp Orange Boss in person.

And now I have to say that those wagon wheels are NOT as bad in person as the pics make them look. I also have to say that Comp Orange is, if possible, even more fncking awesome in person than it is in pictures.

And the sound of that exhaust... :pepper:

Crap. Now I have to figure out how to convince the wife that I need a new car when my current car is perfectly fine. But then comes the quandry of also wanting a "classic" car to wrench on. To many desires and not enough cash to go around :-/

I do agree that they look better in person but it is that silver lip that throws me off. It has no business being there IMO.

I too have a choice to make when it comes to the cash issue. If I get a Boss then my 2011 GMC Sierra Crew 4x4 has to go and a '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee would be my inclement weather daily. But damn would the nice weather days be fun!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread