BOSS sales

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Ok I have to update my comment. Yesterday I actually got to see and thoroughly check out a Comp Orange Boss in person.

And now I have to say that those wagon wheels are NOT as bad in person as the pics make them look. I also have to say that Comp Orange is, if possible, even more fncking awesome in person than it is in pictures.And the sound of that exhaust... :pepper:

Crap. Now I have to figure out how to convince the wife that I need a new car when my current car is perfectly fine. But then comes the quandry of also wanting a "classic" car to wrench on. To many desires and not enough cash to go around :-/

Yep! I had a 04 Comp Orange Cobra and the color was amazing.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I recently purchased a Boss, and it was a very frustrating process. I contacted a dozen local dealers, and only 2 of them had a Boss in inventory, and both wanted 5-10k over msrp. None of the dealers had remaining allocation for a Boss, they had either sold the one they had already received or they had pre-sold their incoming unit.

I managed to find a dealer 450 miles away that would sell me one at msrp, which is what I offered. I probably could have gotten a better deal, but in the end I got the exact car/options/color that I wanted. I think msrp or a little lower is about the best to be expected for now. good luck :beer:

Burnin4!!!!:rockon: Holy crap i am 2006stiguy on iwsti.com I loved watching you build and sick vids of your 04 STi over the years!! Glad to see you still have it...thought you were selling it a little while back. Btw the cams in your car sound awesome:beer:

Andy

Former 06 RaceComp/GTWorx sponsored autocross hooligan car LOL

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Burnin4!!!!:rockon: Holy crap i am 2006stiguy on iwsti.com I loved watching you build and sick vids of your 04 STi over the years!! Glad to see you still have it...thought you were selling it a little while back. Btw the cams in your car sound awesome:beer:

Andy

Former 06 RaceComp/GTWorx sponsored autocross hooligan car LOL

thanks, although I sold it a few years ago, loved/hated that car :lol1:. I had a lot of fun with that STi, I'll always be "burnin4" ;-)

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Race red, gotta have it green, grabber blue, school bus yellow all with 70 Boss Strips.

Sync, instrument cluster LCD display(like to see them put vehicle dynamics in there like the F250/F150 but more of like the D-PIC readings on this years LS), optional fog lamps, revised front and rear diffusers from the info that has been floating around.

Last edited:

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Race red, gotta have it green, grabber blue, school bus yellow all with 70 Boss Strips.

Sync, instrument cluster LCD display(like to see them put vehicle dynamics in there like the F250/F150 but more of like the D-PIC readings on this years LS), optional fog lamps, revised front and rear diffusers from the info that has been floating around.

Thanks for the info:beer: I'm liking the color choices for the '13 better, especially the green and blue.

Fat Boss

Established Member
The bare aluminum on the lip of the wheels could be better, but that's like saying your supermodel g/f would look better with blue eyes instead of brown!

The used ones will start showing up. They're making 3000+ base Bosses and 750 LS's so once something better comes out people will migrate. I for one bought it to have the rest of my life so I'm not too concerned with sales/resale/etc.

It is a magnificient car! I have 6500 miles on mine since June 13. :rockon:

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
The dealers here are still proud of their Bosses in San Diego,
I have seen 10k- 20k on a Boss 302 and 30k on a Boss LS.
Greedy Bastards :bash:

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
I'm more interested in the price for a Boss 302 5 years from now. I'm curious, with all the unanimous praise they have gotten from the automotive media, if they will actually appreciate in value or at least stay relatively flat? Especially with the future looking more limited for RWD V8 cars.

A lot of that will depend on the 2015 Mustang redesign and if that model is a huge step up in performance and sophistication.

redline

Established Member

they must be waiting for a drunk sailor to come in to buy :burnout:

four-walling

Established Member

I bought my Race Red Boss from North County Ford. They had an ADM of $15K, but they worked with me BIG TIME.

Be nice to your dealer, and they will be nice to you...

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I'm more interested in the price for a Boss 302 5 years from now. I'm curious, with all the unanimous praise they have gotten from the automotive media, if they will actually appreciate in value or at least stay relatively flat? Especially with the future looking more limited for RWD V8 cars.

A lot of that will depend on the 2015 Mustang redesign and if that model is a huge step up in performance and sophistication.

Most likely they will follow the pricing of the 07-10 GT 500's..... They are worth-less / worthless now.... YMMV.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread