Boss Oil, Trans, & Diff Cooler installed & review

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Installed couple weeks ago Ford Racing oem Boss oil cooler, manual transmission air scoop, and Boss/GT500 Finned diff cover. Just some parts put on my Project 5.0 . The parts don't add any power. Just little insurance that everything last during hard track use. Did track this weekend at Willow Springs. A good testing ground because a fast track and part produce a lot heat there. Everything did it's job. The air temp at track was 85 . Did four 20 minute runs. Engine temp normal in the middle all day, trans shift smoothly and no gear noises from it or the diff. You can feel trans case being cooler then before. It just cheap insurance if your into road racing or open track days your car. Was worth doing and worth the money.

Installing.
Oil cooler has oem look, oem fit, and stock oil filter fits. Putting it on is not to hard . Have to drain coolant, and take panel off the bottom panel so can get to lower radiator hose clamp, taken horn make ezier to. Issue was taken off the stock lower radiator hose. For me the top oem clamp where clamp it to take it off tip broke off so I had carefully cut the clamp off. The bottom I didn't want same thing to happen and also didn't want to damage radiator outlet because it's plastic. Just took my time and came off. So caution on the clamps. Also caution taking the oil filter treaded tube out engine block and installing the longer one for the cooler. Torque it back in around 46 ft pounds.

Trans scoop very ez, four bolts that it. Only issue i see with the scoop that it goes under the oil drain plug a little. So will drain in the scoop. Scoop tilted down so will drain. It just have use a larger drain pan and clean the scoop after an oil change.

Finned diff cover. Like changing a gasket on diff cover. You will have to use longer bolt then stock for new cover and will have take one bolt on the pan hard bar to drop the bar in order install the new cover.

Users who are viewing this thread