Boss 5.0 / 10.7:1 / Lysholm 3.3 / E85 build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
took the car off the market today, the F/S thread is deleted. It was all just a ploy to get attention lol, no seriously, drove her last night, and was kicking myself in the head for even thinking about parting with it. That being said, couple guys are interested.....if logisitics work out, then i will let her go. Till then, will continue to enjoy the car and refine tune further. Maybe even hit the dyno this summer.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That's a smart decision right there!!! There is always more stuff to mod on a car. :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
This is true! I just mean you can upgrade the brakes, do some interior stuff if you wanted to etc etc.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
took the car off the market today, the F/S thread is deleted. It was all just a ploy to get attention lol, no seriously, drove her last night, and was kicking myself in the head for even thinking about parting with it. That being said, couple guys are interested.....if logisitics work out, then i will let her go. Till then, will continue to enjoy the car and refine tune further. Maybe even hit the dyno this summer.

Hopefully you keep it :) Glad you decided to take it off the market.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
This is true! I just mean you can upgrade the brakes, do some interior stuff if you wanted to etc etc.

i would love to do a big brake kit on this car, it would totally complete it.

Hopefully you keep it :) Glad you decided to take it off the market.

yes Chris, I have stopped actively pursuing a sell. there are 2 guys out there that are trying to make it happen, if they come thru, i will let it go. If not, i plan on keeping it and enjoying this creation. Absolutely fell in love again last night on the cruise to the GTG

Awesome! Don't sell that beast. Too much blood sweat and tears!!

tell me about it, blood, sweat, tears, and way too much $$ lol

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
You gotta get us a 1000hp dyno pull ! I don't think it's been done yet with a ts blower

not without the aid of nitrous on a TS before, but i bet with this compresision i could get to it.... it would take adding a lower to the car, which im not interested in doing. Can get a vortech 3.0" upper pulley, even though its a 10 rib pulley, would work fine on my 8 rib setup.

i bet a 3" upper would get me 20 psi......should be good for 875-900 with timing.

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
yes Chris, I have stopped actively pursuing a sell. there are 2 guys out there that are trying to make it happen, if they come thru, i will let it go. If not, i plan on keeping it and enjoying this creation. Absolutely fell in love again last night on the cruise to the GTG

That's what I'm talkin about:rockon:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
That's what I'm talkin about:rockon:

it definently needs to stay in my loving care for a while.

I am going to drop down to a 4" intake tube with the same MAF i have now. Seeking to get better MAF resolution with the HPX sensor I have. Just way too much MAF in the 5" tube.

As part of tune refinement, i think this change will make driveability even better. Final step in the tune is the load with failed maf table, but i really need to find a local "loaded" dyno to accurately tune LWFM. LWFM does not affect STFTs or WOT throttle tune.....on our cars LWFM is important as it is the table used for "predictive" fueling, i.e. on / off throttle driveability accuracy during shifts decel/accel etc etc

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
So, spent today in the garage, loving every minute of it. Installed the 4" intake tube with the same MAF, in the 100mm VMP maf housing (the vortech was 127mm). Tuned STFTs and am ready to go WOT the finish her up.

Much much better MAF resolution going from the 5" to 4" housing. AD counts were 80 at idle (1000 rpms) in the 5" housing, same MAF in the 4" now have AD counts of 120 ish at idle (1000 rpms).

I am NOT a believer in that 5" intake tube anymore, it is way too big, and causes the MAF to not read cleanly / consistently. The 4" tube holds STFTs at idle much easier. I doubt i will put the 5" back on, it is just too much.

Base pressure bumped up from 53 psi to 58 psi in an effort to extend the injectors a bit more. Hoping to get around 90% inj DC max.

So, yes, I will be keeping this car. I really wanna take it up a notch and see what this machine can do.

IMG_2738.jpg

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
fantastic!! I wonder if Vortech did the 5'' intake for high boost applications? Since your sucking air through it I wonder if it makes a difference in high boost? IDK may something you can look into :)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Sexy picture. Great news.

thx man

fantastic!! I wonder if Vortech did the 5'' intake for high boost applications? Since your sucking air through it I wonder if it makes a difference in high boost? IDK may something you can look into :)

well, the 4" will flow alot of air, but there will be a certain boost level at which it will become a restriction. A definite sign of when the intake tube is a restriction is when you start to see boost drop off.

Problem is, yes with higher boost the bigger intake would be preferable, BUT there will be some sacrifices made down low, like certain idle characteristics, etc etc. It is just too much pipe for a highly calibrated 05+ sensor like the VMP HPX I have. Always give and take! The HPX sensor would be more ideal in a blow thru application, but in a draw thru setup like this blower, it is just way to much MAF in that large of a tube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread