Boss 5.0 / 10.7:1 / Lysholm 3.3 / E85 build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Don't forget the bigger bore and built motor will lower boost as well.. the effieciency of this motor is going to be through the roof..

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Don't forget the bigger bore and built motor will lower boost as well.. the effieciency of this motor is going to be through the roof..

yep, bigger bore, ported heads, cams, i am very curious to see what that 3.2 upper only does boost wise

Looking good Erik! :rockon:

It's gonna be a handful I assure you. :thumbsup:

should be fun, hope 121 raceway is wide open for us :rockon:

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
Subscribing to see what the motor makes. I have a 5.0 stroker left over from another project that has nice CP pistons and 10.5:1 comp. I have been thinking about putting it in my cobra and letting the 2.3 eat some E-85...

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Oh man this is gonna be awesome as usual Erik. Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. I'll be ordering a Whipple 2.9 this coming week :banana: I might have some questions for you :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Oh man this is gonna be awesome as usual Erik. Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. I'll be ordering a Whipple 2.9 this coming week :banana: I might have some questions for you :beer:

Thanks man!

I think we need an update!

well, per Tymensky last Thursday, we are still waiting for his custom cams to show up.

He expects cams to come in around Sept 7th. If thats the case, he will be shipping the following week. So as of now tentative date on me receiving the engine is Sept 15th - 20th.

Not much to update, just playing the waiting game

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ I hate the waiting game lol!! But it'll be worth it. I can't wait to see it all finished up.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
^^ I hate the waiting game lol!! But it'll be worth it. I can't wait to see it all finished up.

im used to the waiting now.......it will be right when i get it, so patience is key. my estimated 1st fire up date WAS oct 1st.....but it might slip to end of october now. really no big deal though, with some recent health problems and the way work has been killing my weekends, I havent had time to do much to the car besides let it gather dust.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
im used to the waiting now.......it will be right when i get it, so patience is key. my estimated 1st fire up date WAS oct 1st.....but it might slip to end of october now. really no big deal though, with some recent health problems and the way work has been killing my weekends, I havent had time to do much to the car besides let it gather dust.
Yeah. That and the 100 other small projects you have been working on. There is so much custom shit on the car it is silly! It will be hard to capture it all. We need to start taking some good photos of the progress and post it up.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I might catch a cowboys game this year at that fancy stadium, maybe if I do I can come by and check this bad boy out

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Yeah. That and the 100 other small projects you have been working on. There is so much custom shit on the car it is silly! It will be hard to capture it all. We need to start taking some good photos of the progress and post it up.

i agree....bring that camera over! I do tend to multitask project wise....ive often thought about sitting down and recording everything I've done....might take me a few days, and I'm sure I'll still miss something. I will leave the photos up to you bro....my camera skills leave alot to be desired.

I might catch a cowboys game this year at that fancy stadium, maybe if I do I can come by and check this bad boy out

sure bro.....PM me and we can catch up. :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
here are some pics!
- showing the lower intake manifold hard coat black anodized.
- modified intercooler manifold so hose doesnt get pinched under the 2.9 whipple case
- upgraded to the VMP 100mm MAF housing with 05+ MAF sensor upgrade. This is supposed to be a much better MAF sensor.....with better signal quality as well as extended MAF range. This housing comes gunmetal anodized, i stripped it and had it hard coated as well!
- also had my whippl inlet clearanced to give some more space between the top of fuel rail. my whipple inlet sat right on top of the fuel rail

DSCN5752.jpg

DSCN5753.jpg

DSCN5754.jpg

DSCN5755.jpg

DSCN5756.jpg

DSCN5757.jpg

DSCN5758.jpg

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Update from Tymensky just received:

Cams are being cut, will be on the truck this Friday (Bullet cams in MS). More pics coming to me tonight.....stay tuned! Will post em up.

Gotta order some parts that he needs from Tousley tomorrow, oil pump pick up tube, random bolts, rear main seal retainer, etc etc.....basically all the odds and ends I sold with my aluminator shortblock.

Getting closer boyzzzzzzzz :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread