Boss 5.0 / 10.7:1 / Lysholm 3.3 / E85 build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
This hot horny supermodel just needs a cage, Not much else to do unless i want to completely destroy the integrity of what an 04 cobra is by putting in an auto and solid....which isnt going to happen.

Yeah I see that, it will have wheels, tons of power.. super clean, completely tuned. E 85 corn burning just waiting to be buttered. She will be a sexy piece or work... more than she already is. Excited about the build coming along yet?

I agree, keep the 6 speed and IRS
Dagostino took care of me on some Cobra replica wheels last year, I'd use that company again.

saleencobra

Established Member
This hot horny supermodel just needs a cage, Not much else to do unless i want to completely destroy the integrity of what an 04 cobra is by putting in an auto and solid....which isnt going to happen.

had stingers until jan 2010. Steeda (quiet Borla) after that. Dont like the sound of bassani, didnt want to custom fab a 3" setup so Magnaflow was out of question. The stainless works will sound nasty with cams......reference Vadersnks youtube videos. Plus i got a killer deal on the catback alone from Derek @ Dagostino

If it won't see the track why hack the interior up with a cage??? if you feel like a SRA and Auto is too much I think a cage is way over the top don't u think???:shrug:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
If it won't see the track why hack the interior up with a cage??? if you feel like a SRA and Auto is too much I think a cage is way over the top don't u think???:shrug:

Well i'm 6'4" 260, and i do not foresee wanting to try to squeeze into a mustang with a cage....i like the idea due to additional chassis rigidty....and i guess the added safety factor is nice in case I decide to take flight unexpectedly! point is....its not going to happen....and no, i really do not wanna hack up the interior, even though a cage done correctly does not look bad at all!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Latest update: Engine completion date estimated around Aug 9.

Spentthe past couple of weeks getting the exhaust all spruced up, tons of hours invested into sanding and polishing!

Ceramic coated:
- kooks LTs , 3" xpipe, and flow tubes to mufflers
- these looked good from my local ceramic coater, however i polished them futher using Mothers Billet to really make the ceramic pop

Sanded and polished the 3" stainless works catback....i have about 30 hours invested into the catback alone. Have to admit, of all the polishing ive done over the past couple of years....this is my ultimate accomplishment!

some pics of the exhaust.........

Photo-0962.jpg

Photo-0966.jpg

Photo-0963.jpg

Photo-0960.jpg

Photo-0961.jpg

Photo-0964.jpg

Photo-0972.jpg

ceramic coated and polished bigtime

Photo-0983.jpg

Photo-0982.jpg

Photo-0981.jpg

Photo-0987.jpg

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Looks good. But how easy is it to clean and maintain now? Will the exhaust blue because of heat? I know nothing about polishing and such so sorry if these questions seem silly to you.

Your work looks very good. Congrats on the build.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Sick ass job on the polishing! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I wouldn't want to drive it after all that polishing! First sprinkler puddle you hit and ssssssssss its gonna cook spots on it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
umm wow stunning!! I would be pissed if that exhaust ever scraped though!! wow.

moot09

Established Member
Looking good man! Pulling the motor from the bottom is soo much easier. Just a little crazy seeing the front of the car 6ft in the air lol

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looking good Erik! :rockon:

Looks like you got the polishing thing down pat! :thumbsup:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Looks good. But how easy is it to clean and maintain now? Will the exhaust blue because of heat? I know nothing about polishing and such so sorry if these questions seem silly to you.

Your work looks very good. Congrats on the build.

easy to clean yes...and maintain, being that i dont drive in the rain and avoid puddles on the road like the plague.

i only polished from mufflers back.....they dont get hot enough to "blue". plus its a hi grade 304 stainless, it doesnt do what the 409 and lesser grade stainless steels do. LTs, xpipe, ad flow tubes from xpipe to mufflers are ceramic coated. The ceramic coating WILL dull with time....its the nature of ceramic....so keeping them shiny is not gonna be a huge concern of mine.

Sick ass job on the polishing! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I wouldn't want to drive it after all that polishing! First sprinkler puddle you hit and ssssssssss its gonna cook spots on it.

:beer: i hear that....as i mentioned before, i avoid puddles and sprinklers at all cost! the pipes are easy to maintain on a regular basis, and ill admit it, i do detail the underside of car every so often. damn OCD.

umm wow stunning!! I would be pissed if that exhaust ever scraped though!! wow.

as would i.....nothing another 30 hours couldnt fix though LOL

Looking good man! Pulling the motor from the bottom is soo much easier. Just a little crazy seeing the front of the car 6ft in the air lol

ill be finding out soon! building the whole powertran outside of the car.....and gonna lower the car right on top of it. hook up a few oil linesto remote filter, some coolant lines, and be done! (relatively speaking)

thanks Kevin.... showcar racecar here we come! :rockon:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member

HAha, I was just going to make a reference to you Kevin, so who taught who how to build a car this clean? Erik or Kevin?

All your parts are mint Erik, very nice.
I also love the bachelor pad it is I assume? With the spare bed room full of car parts haha.

Very smooth, should be fun to put back together and fire up

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
HAha, I was just going to make a reference to you Kevin, so who taught who how to build a car this clean? Erik or Kevin?

All your parts are mint Erik, very nice.
I also love the bachelor pad it is I assume? With the spare bed room full of car parts haha.

Very smooth, should be fun to put back together and fire up

Kevin definently has inspired me....I think he will agree however, that I have taken it to the next level!

Yep, you called it, Bachelor pad all the way. Have to admit it, my spare bedroom # 2 doesnt look much different than this room. All will be back to normal once i get this engine here and installed. House will return to normal!

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
No pets chewing up hoses or wires? HAHA, that would be a big issue. Just giving you trouble man, I look forward to this day in the near future.

Any other surprised you haven't told us about?

dreamcar88

Great Scott
Established Member
Boss 5.0 / 10.7:1 / Whipple 2.9 / E85 build!!

end of thread= winning

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
No pets chewing up hoses or wires? HAHA, that would be a big issue. Just giving you trouble man, I look forward to this day in the near future.

Any other surprised you haven't told us about?

my boxer dog, she knows not to mess with my car parts. plus, i keep the doors closed anyway. You can actually see her in the reflection in one of the pipes being a good girl and staying in the doorway to that room.

yes, i have surprises, and all will most likely be revealed as the time comes

bgfrulla1

Established Member
Is it the 9th yet??? :shrug:
Getting anxious here. I bet it's killing you too, huh?
GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread