Borla Stingers?

UncleDan

Established Member
I just don't think I can wait much longer... I've heard a few youtube clips of 03 Cobras with Borla Stinger cat-back systems (stock h-pipe & manifolds). This is the set up I will have... To the guys with the same set up, how do you like the sound? I'm sure the videos don't do justice to it...

Also, where's the best place to order from? I think I'll just with lethal...

monX

Established Member
Stingers won't sound as good with an H pipe, better get an X for them.

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
I currently have stingers with H, sounded ok the first day i installed but then got kind of boring. Sounds better than the hondas! lol i get my bassani x today hopefully after placing an order a month ago through LMP

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i love mine. i had it with the stock H for awhile then installed a magnaflow catted x. it sounded nice with the stock H but now it sounds bad ass with the catted x.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have had them for several years with the stock h. it sounds good! the quality of the borla systems are top notch. but i am seriously considering getting an x-pipe to go with it someday.

UncleDan

Established Member
i have had them for several years with the stock h. it sounds good! the quality of the borla systems are top notch. but i am seriously considering getting an x-pipe to go with it someday.

I eventually want to get a nice x-pipe for it but I think I'll just do the cat-back for now. That way it gives you something else to look forward to!! :banana:

Jefe

Established Member
Love mine

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/11862131]SVT Cobra Borla Stinger Compilation on Vimeo[/ame]

Find an X pipe on Lethals site or LastCallRacing

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Love Lethal, but Jegs has them for the cheapest around. They can bulk order whereas Lethal is a smaller business.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Lethal buys for the same price as Jegs or Summit. Go Magnaflow of SLP. Borla is junk now. Ask me how I know? I was on the inside for awhile. They are done.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
lethal does sell the stinger catback, its a hefty price thou. I would deffinetly look into an x pipe down the road. I love my stingers.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
summit has a deal right now one them cheaper them lethal ,,not to knock lethal i order for lethal all the time ,,maybe they price match 589.00 for the sra kind.thats what i got

if i get a catted X pips will it not drone on the highway goti 70/75 mph.with 3.27s ?

i had borla s on my irs set up with x and no cats drove me crazy. on highway..with a vert it twice as bad.

if you got a headache god bless you . its going to get worst let me know about that catted X

03dsgsnake

Established Member
I fn loooooove mine!!!!!!!!!! so glad i switched from bassani. I have the cattted x headers and 3.73 gears, The sound is waaay deeper, burbly and agressive . I can control the rpms better with the gear and keep it right below the "ALLN HELL BREAKING LOOSE" sound ha ha and in 6th on the highway you know someone is coming and sounds sooooo smooth. Catted is the way to go and the throttle response was way better also. Im definitely happy i switched.:beer: And the best place to order the set isnt from either of previously mentioned. Streetside auto and free overnight from pa warehouse to jersey. My friend ordered them and never put on and we switched my bassani for his stingers and once he heard mine he wanted back lol Plus they have coupon codes for 50 or 10% off.

Last edited:

monX

Established Member
I fn loooooove mine!!!!!!!!!! so glad i switched from bassani. I have the cattted x headers and 3.73 gears, The sound is waaay deeper, burbly and agressive . I can control the rpms better with the gear and keep it right below the "ALLN HELL BREAKING LOOSE" sound ha ha and in 6th on the highway you know someone is coming and sounds sooooo smooth. Catted is the way to go and the throttle response was way better also. Im definitely happy i switched.:beer: And the best place to order the set isnt from either of previously mentioned. Streetside auto and free overnight from pa warehouse to jersey. My friend ordered them and never put on and we switched my bassani for his stingers and once he heard mine he wanted back lol Plus they have coupon codes for 50 or 10% off.

Can you please post a sound clip? I have a catted x with mid-length headers and I'm about to order the stingers, I just need to hear how they would sound with the headers before I purchase... :beer:

03dsgsnake

Established Member
Sound clips Terry?
first off congrats on article!!!!:rockon: and i will have to record some, i havent had car out in a month, been playing on my quad and waverunner too much lol

Can you please post a sound clip? I have a catted x with mid-length headers and I'm about to order the stingers, I just need to hear how they would sound with the headers before I purchase... :beer:
I will get one up soon i recorded a startup and little reverse today taking to shop to find out my damn rear window motor is toast :nonono:

03dsgsnake

Established Member
:rolling:
Sound clips Terry?
first off congrats on article!!!!:rockon: and i will have to record some, i havent had car out in a month, been playing on my quad and waverunner too much lol

I will get one up soon i recorded a startup and little reverse today taking to shop to find out my damn rear window motor is toast :nonono:

Jefe

Established Member
Lethal buys for the same price as Jegs or Summit. Go Magnaflow of SLP. Borla is junk now. Ask me how I know? I was on the inside for awhile. They are done.
How? You post 1 response in every thread then disappear. :beer:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
How? You post 1 response in every thread then disappear. :beer:

I check back on all of these threads. Aren't you missing out on the politics forum? Anyways when they made the move they spent a lot more than they had planned for, but even before that they relaized they could sell an inferior product because of the name recognition. What did they do? They fired anyone worth a damn, hired anyone that said they could bend or weld for 8.00 an hr, and start skimping everywhere else. Every tip they use comes from China as does most of the stainless steel. They cannot even build the kits the way they are advertised. They substitute the tips and just send them out. Most of the time the tip will not even fit the vehicle or it looks terrible. Their response. That is how it is supposed to be. The quality issues are the big ones. The kits fit terrible because they use archaic methods to check them, welds crack constantly because of the cheap ss, flanges and clamp bolts will rust because they are not stainless. Yet they tell customers that their kits are 100% stainless. This

Jefe

Established Member
Yikes thats no good. Glad I bought just the mufflers

Users who are viewing this thread