Borla Stingers FTW!

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site. It only took me 5 years to decide on the exhaust i wanted and I just put the Borla on this weekend. This site was very helpful in making my decision. Just thought I would share the joy.:banana:

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Stock for now. I actually like it so much that I don't know if i would change it. Car is quiet if you want it to be, or can have a nice rumble if you want.

My only complaint was/ is getting the pipes to look right. The right side gave me a lot of trouble getting it to match the left. It is at an angle compared to left and I feel like I have done all I can to make them line up. I think i need a longer piece that bolts to the H pipe flange on the right side as I really had to pull the exhaust back to get it on and tight.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
anyone with a o/r prochamber and stingers??

I now have 2.5 mac cb and am buying a used stinger cb and putting it on

how loud will this bitch be and wil it sound totally nice??

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
really?? i am getting a new borla cb for like 350 and am dying to get it on asap from what i've heard of stingers but it won't sound that good with my o/r x??

TermySnake

Established Member
really?? i am getting a new borla cb for like 350 and am dying to get it on asap from what i've heard of stingers but it won't sound that good with my o/r x??

Borla Stinger C/B with O/R H Prochamber

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/43659c7f-1007-4069-9352-98370128f20f.htm]Mustang Cobra with Borla Singer catback and Mac of- Video[/ame]

Borla Stinger C/B with UPR O/R X pipe

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/04-Kenne-Bell-Cobra-Borla_143956.htm]04 Kenne Bell Cobra - Borla Stinger catback / offr- Video[/ame]

Sounds Good^:thumbsup:

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
I searched this a lot before buying. There are a lot of people that say it doesn't sound very well. Don't go off my personal experience as i don't have any with that combo.

Search is you friend

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
IMHO, I'm sorry...the Loud Borla Stinger Catback sounded like crap with the stock H pipe...so it came off immediately...put on a catted x from Bassani and it sounds amazing...vids will come when I get some time...

oneSICsvt

Established Member
as soon as i have money im buying the borla stingers then an o/r bassani x pipe, imo that setup sounds the best

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
IMHO, I'm sorry...the Loud Borla Stinger Catback sounded like crap with the stock H pipe...so it came off immediately...put on a catted x from Bassani and it sounds amazing...vids will come when I get some time...

Post those vids soon! I've seen a few but always like to see/hear more perspectives. Guess it doesn't really matter though b/c I just ordered a Bassani catted X earlier today. :banana:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
anyone with a o/r prochamber and stingers??

I now have 2.5 mac cb and am buying a used stinger cb and putting it on

how loud will this bitch be and wil it sound totally nice??

The O/R Prochamber sounds great with the Stingers. I like it much better than my Bassani Catted X, its smoother and deeper.

I have heard that Stingers and off road midpipe do not sound good.

Depends on the midpipe, an off road H-pipe doesn't sound very good at all with the Stingers. The chambered X-pipes like the Bassani sound horrible without cats with the Stingers. A true X pipe like the UPR, Dr. Gas, Magnaflow, or Pypes sound good with the Stingers.

as soon as i have money im buying the borla stingers then an o/r bassani x pipe, imo that setup sounds the best

I'm not sure if you've heard it in person but the o/r Bassani sounds terrible with Stingers, it's very very raspy.

oneSICsvt

Established Member
I'm not sure if you've heard it in person but the o/r Bassani sounds terrible with Stingers, it's very very raspy.[/QUOTE]
i like the raspy sound but youre right ive only heard them in videos, havent heard many in person, but on video it sounds like a really nice setup

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I'm not sure if you've heard it in person but the o/r Bassani sounds terrible with Stingers, it's very very raspy.
i like the raspy sound but youre right ive only heard them in videos, havent heard many in person, but on video it sounds like a really nice setup[/QUOTE]

I have a o/r Bassani X and stingers, and love it. Not raspy but just VERY loud, if you've heard a catted X stingers setup just increase the dB level and you've got the O/R sound. I can say its the best sound ever:banana:

oneSICsvt

Established Member
i like the raspy sound but youre right ive only heard them in videos, havent heard many in person, but on video it sounds like a really nice setup

I have a o/r Bassani X and stingers, and love it. Not raspy but just VERY loud, if you've heard a catted X stingers setup just increase the dB level and you've got the O/R sound. I can say its the best sound ever:banana:[/QUOTE]

ya i definetly want the loud make people turn their head plug their ears sound :-D but if its that loud and sounds like shit like some people say then i might have to change it up, but as for now thats what im most likely getting

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I've yet for someone to tell me my car sounds bad...badass yes but not bad as in crappy

Users who are viewing this thread