Borla stinger tailpipes not aligned and touching

gotjack

Established Member
I’m sure most of you guys installed the Borla stinger catback and had the tailpipes meeting together and touching and not aligned? Is there a fix . I’m ocd and need them not touching and aligned any suggestions I’ll include a pic
Image1713735352.076321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Roush6018

Established Member
So the Tip I have is to put a roll of electrical tape vertical between the exhaust pipes under the diff when you go to tighten the catback to the Mid-Pipe flanges. then remove the electrical tape roll and see if it looks good to you.

i remember when my borla stinger was burning my gas tank cover too, i think you loosen the clamp at the muffler and install the exhaust pipe 1" in further to create more of a gap between the exhaust and the gas tank cover. one inch clearance should be good.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It was like this when I bought from previous owner. It was actually touching the gas tank cover and melting. Don’t think I can take it back anymore

I didn't mean to move it back. I meant loosen everything, align and tighten. Loosen up the mid pipe too.
Who polished your tailpipes bro. That looks amazing

I did, thanks.
He did, he is a master pipe polisher.

EVs are for people that prefer flesh lights over vagene.
Dick, lol. I was going to edit yours to **** with you James, but you made me laugh.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I basically loosened everything up to the mid pipe then put the tail pipes where I wanted and started tightening from the back. Turning the mufflers seemed to help as well. IIRC the pipes attached to the mufflers themselves aren't straight.

gotjack

Established Member
I basically loosened everything up to the mid pipe then put the tail pipes where I wanted and started tightening from the back. Turning the mufflers seemed to help as well. IIRC the pipes attached to the mufflers themselves aren't straight.

I took it to a fabricator shop /muffler shop and he was telling me he has to take the clamps off and weld the 4 areas and would need 8 hours of labor at $150 a hour. I told him to to fly a kite at his local park lol jk didn’t tell him but that’s what was in my head when I left

LS WUT

Established Member
I took it to a fabricator shop /muffler shop and he was telling me he has to take the clamps off and weld the 4 areas and would need 8 hours of labor at $150 a hour. I told him to to fly a kite at his local park lol jk didn’t tell him but that’s what was in my head when I left

I’ll cut you a deal then. $75 an hour 8 hours. I got you ;)

LS WUT

Established Member
Haha I’m taking it to another shop who’s painting my calipers told them it needs to be aligned and adjusted . I would do it myself but not trying to jack up the car and go under. I need a lift haha

I feel you there man. I dropped the transmission and such on my cobra a little bit ago with floor jacks, and stands. Was brutal, but got her done.

gotjack

Established Member
I feel you there man. I dropped the transmission and such on my cobra a little bit ago with floor jacks, and stands. Was brutal, but got her done.

He was saying my clamps aren’t secure and need to welded cause every time I get on it they loosen and push back and hit my gas tank cover why he burnt the plastics . Don’t know if I fully believe his theory

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Of course he did. What loosens on a weld? Must have a ton of TQ to twist that exhaust that far back.

gotjack

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread