Borla Exhausts!!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
"You get what you pay for". Lol...there are TONS of products (not just automotive) out there that charge you just for their name and have nothing to do with quality, efficiency, or performance. Just because I can afford to pay cash for a $65k car doesn't mean I like giving my money away for nothing.

this.

Zeroescence

Established Member
"you get what you pay for". Lol...there are tons of products (not just automotive) out there that charge you just for their name and have nothing to do with quality, efficiency, or performance. Just because i can afford to pay cash for a $65k car doesn't mean i like giving my money away for nothing.

x2

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
So the touring is louder than the s-type and the atak? I was under the impression the touring was the quietest offering from borla. Watching borlas own videos it certainly seems that way as well. Maybe you could elaborate a little. Thanks a alot!

The atak is louder then the other 2. The reason the other 2 are louder at the moment is cause I had long tube headers with no cats. My atak system has the stock headers and cats. Therefore it's not as loud. If I had long tube headers and no cats with the atak system you'd probably be able to hear me coming from another state.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
I'm not discounted this at all. Like I said this was and is just my opinion. Some products that cost $20 bucks are better then some that cost $100 and vis versa. At the end of this both company's are great as I stated in my previous comment. They both perform to meet all of our standards. Now if it's sound your looking for and like the sound of the Borla's then pony up. If you like the sound of the magnaflows pony up again. What I did say is that Borla spends more time in R&D to make sure there system meets and exceeds our expectations. Where magnaflow uses an off the shelf muffler that wasn't designed for our cars. It was designed for the 5.4 Shelby not the 5.8. So does a muffler work just as well that was designed for a 5.4 that flows less exhaust then the 5.8 better for our cars??? Maybe maybe not??? Now it's kinda obvious that these cars flow more exhaust then the previous Shelby's. Thus making the companies having to redesign the mufflers.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
R U TRIPIN;12309167 Now as far as price goes. You guys make me laugh. You can spend $60 said:
They Didnt put any R&D into it other then making sure the system fits properly. in other words your buying a muffler that they use on all there mustangs for the most part. Giving why it so cheap.[/B] your putting a system that works for a 4.6 gt or a 5.4 Shelby and now the 5.8 Shelby. Now don't get me wrong. I've had magnaflow on all my previous mustangs and trucks and love there systems but you get what you pay for. I had a chance to go to magnaflow and gave the opportunity to zero and got him hooked up over there. I also had a chance with Borla and gave them the opportunity to use my car for R&D. It took them 5 weeks to build the system and get the sound that they are known for. Magnaflow barely took 5 days to make there's. If I forgot to say anything I'll edit it later...

Maybe I'm wrong, and if so then all the better.

BUT...

What specific tuning other than 'see if it fits' did Borla have to do for the new Shelby? All three mufflers are labeled the same as previous years are they not?

Did they tune each model specific for this car?

And even if they did, I still think it's ridiculous to ask 1,500 dollars for a catback/axelback.

edit: what a piece of shit quote system...

Last edited:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member

BUT...

What specific tuning other than 'see if it fits' did Borla have to do for the new Shelby? All three mufflers are labeled the same as previous years are they not?

And even if they did, I still think it's ridiculous to ask 1,500 dollars for a catback/axelback.

Borla does dyno every system that they make to make sure it's not robbing us of power and that it makes power. As far as tuning the car. I dont believe any exhaust company tunes there loaner cars. Yes, They do sound tune each system. They hand make all of there systems to get the sound and quality that they are known for. Seeing how our cars flow more exhaust they had to redesign the insides of there mufflers. There is a video that someone posted on here that gives you a little more detail as in to what goes into there system. I believe that there is a lot more in to the design of there system but don't want to post it until I speak to them to make sure my info is correct so I'm not misleading anyone here.

As far as the price. Do I think it's a little high. Yes and no. Look at the previous models for the Shelby's. They aren't cheap. I havent looked at the prices yet but as far as the catback system you should be getting new mids along with over the axles. I "think" you also get the xpipe as well. But I havent gone to check the site.

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member

BUT...

I used to work for Borla. Directly with the chin himself. David Borla.

All they do is test fit, If it does not fit, they make small changes to make it fit. No mods to the muffler to modify the sound.

They build shit, using foreign steel, foreign made tips, and they ask a ridiculous amount of money for it.

The people that have the final say so on how a system should sound are not car people at all. AT ALL!!!!

Last edited:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
"You get what you pay for". Lol...there are TONS of products (not just automotive) out there that charge you just for their name and have nothing to do with quality, efficiency, or performance. Just because I can afford to pay cash for a $65k car doesn't mean I like giving my money away for nothing.
Hate to say this but we/your paying for a name now "SHELBY". If ford had made these cars without Shelby's help or his name theses cars would be cheaper then they are now. As far as how much noboby knows that.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

All they do is test fit, If it does not fit, they make small changes to make it fit. No mods to the muffler to modify the sound.

They build shit, using foreign steel, foreign made tips, and they ask a ridiculous amount of money for it.

The people that have the final say so on how a system should sound are not car people at all. AT ALL!!!!

Well, I don't think I'm going to go that far in my own opinion.

I bought a Borla catback in '05 and LOVE the sound and quality. One of my tips began to lose the chrome, I simpy sent them a picture of the defect, and they sent me a new tip and a box with prepaid postage to return the old one in.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
I will say this. I probably would have gone with magnaflow as well giving the price of the Borla systems but I was giving an opportunity to get a free system by lending my car to Borla. Now if I had bought magnaflow I would have been happy, but I can also say that if another Shelby had driven past me with the Borla system on it. I would have damn that car sounds sick and wished I had ponied up the extra money and bought the Borla system instead. I'll also say that I love the way the super snakes sound, and I sure a lot of others here love that sound as well. Super snakes have Borla systems on them. It's there s-type system and it sounds amazing.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member

I'm not going to say your right or wrong cause I don't know this for a fact. What I can say is I watched them hand make 2 of the mufflers systems for the Shelby and watched them hand roll the new tips for the super snake. So I have to disagree with you on this. As far as the sound. They do make changes to it to get the correct sound there looking for. It took them 3 weeks to get the proper sound of there ATAK system. It sounds to me like your a little upset with Borla but that's a whole nother story. Also even if the did use foreign steel or foreign made tips. They stand behind there product. Not to many companies do even though they say they do.

Last edited:

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member

Used to work there ? Hmmm that might make you a little bi-est maybe ?

moD

Established Member
Yes, please get some audio and video up. A review too.

I wish people who do audio clips of loud exhausts should consider getting a inexpensive external mic with a sound diffuser on it so it captures the exhaust more clearly.
I used my home theater system mic to my gopro and it made a world of difference.

Excited for your results.

Check out this video after installing my Borla S-Type Axleback Im sure you will enjoy the video,sound, and picture quality

2013 FORD SHELBY GT500 + Borla S-Type Exhaust + K&N Intake (Saudi Arabia) - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread