Borla Exhausts!!

peteypab2133

Established Member
I love the sound of all of these... but damn! $1500??? That is just plain INSANITY!

I thought it would be with the mid pipe too. But my guesses are for the ENTIRE exhaust your going to be out about $3500.00

If the mufflers are $1500.00 Then the headers/xpipe combo has to be about $2000 or more.

For piping that has certainly been used for the past few years wiht quad tips is a bit high...

If it was made from titanium or something?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought 520 was stupid for mine, but didn't bitch as the price was 700ish a few years after I bought mine (and whored it out lol)

There isn't any new tech either, how could there be?

Same material, likely same mufflers, different tips...

I love their sound but that price is ignorant.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Upon closer inspection, it is listed as a cat-back system... not axle-back... Still, wayyy too pricey. You could get headers, mid-pipe, and more for that much cake.

rancid

Established Member
Wow, these prices are c6 Z06 territory for a catback (mine was $1600 installed on my Z.) I was all set for Borla but I guess Magnaflow will get my business this go-around unless someone else comes out with a muffler.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Wow, these prices are c6 Z06 territory for a catback (mine was $1600 installed on my Z.) I was all set for Borla but I guess Magnaflow will get my business this go-around unless someone else comes out with a muffler.

Which ever magnaflow you choose I am almost positive you will be happy. I love both sounds. But the note of the Comp series is crazy good. I must say its more the Motor than the cat-back but the magnaflow makes it look good doing it.

IMG_2514.jpg

peteypab2133

Established Member
Which ever magnaflow you choose I am almost positive you will be happy. I love both sounds. But the note of the Comp series is crazy good. I must say its more the Motor than the cat-back but the magnaflow makes it look good doing it.

IMG_2514.jpg

Looking good.

Are we any closer to the audio/video review :D

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Ok for the record. I do not work for Borla. Yes those are my videos on YouTube. Those videos all have LONG TUBE HEADERS WITHOUT CATS. The s-type setup sounds great in person. The touring system is way to loud for the street. I currently have the ATAK system on the car with stock headers and cats. It does have the x-pipe and mids as well. It sounds great. I've been trying to get a video of the ATAK system for sometime and just been unable to get with my buddy to do the video.

Now as far as price goes. You guys make me laugh. You can spend $60,000+ on a car but cry about a $1500 exhaust system. Borla systems have always been expensive. If you looked at the previous years they were right around the same price as the 13. Borla hand makes every single muffler. Where magnaflow is a off the shelf muffler that they made work for the 13. It's a mass produced system. They Didnt put any R&D into it other then making sure the system fits properly. in other words your buying a muffler that they use on all there mustangs for the most part. Giving why it so cheap. your putting a system that works for a 4.6 gt or a 5.4 Shelby and now the 5.8 Shelby. Now don't get me wrong. I've had magnaflow on all my previous mustangs and trucks and love there systems but you get what you pay for. I had a chance to go to magnaflow and gave the opportunity to zero and got him hooked up over there. I also had a chance with Borla and gave them the opportunity to use my car for R&D. It took them 5 weeks to build the system and get the sound that they are known for. Magnaflow barely took 5 days to make there's. If I forgot to say anything I'll edit it later...

Now at the end of the day it's your choice as far as the system you want for your car. You want Magnaflow or Borla or Corsa or whatever other system you can think of get it. All I ask is that you don't cry over price. If you can afford a $60,000+ car the last thing you should cry over is the price of an exhaust system. You get what you pay for and in this sport you have to Pay to Play.

Might I also say that 90% of you guys loved the videos or should I say sound and now that they have posted there prices you guys bash them.

NOTE this is just my opinion and opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one...

Zero when are we getting together?

Last edited:

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
Rus2rch you live near me. Let's get together so you can hear the Atak system on my car. Then post what you think about the overall sound.

Forgot meeting up spend that time making a vid. I'm pumped on the atak system I just want to hear a good vid and then I'm ordering it.

rford13

Established Member
Ok for the record. I do not work for Borla. Yes those are my videos on YouTube. Those videos all have LONG TUBE HEADERS WITHOUT CATS. The s-type setup sounds great in person. The touring system is way to loud for the street. I currently have the ATAK system on the car with stock headers and cats. It does have the x-pipe and mids as well. It sounds great. I've been trying to get a video of the ATAK system for sometime and just been unable to get with my buddy to do the video.

Now as far as price goes. You guys make me laugh. You can spend $60,000+ on a car but cry about a $1500 exhaust system. Borla systems have always been expensive. If you looked at the previous years they were right around the same price as the 13. Borla hand makes every single muffler. Where magnaflow is a off the shelf muffler that they made work for the 13. It's a mass produced system. They Didnt put any R&D into it other then making sure the system fits properly. in other words your buying a muffler that they use on all there mustangs for the most part. Giving why it so cheap. your putting a system that works for a 4.6 gt or a 5.4 Shelby and now the 5.8 Shelby. Now don't get me wrong. I've had magnaflow on all my previous mustangs and trucks and love there systems but you get what you pay for. I had a chance to go to magnaflow and gave the opportunity to zero and got him hooked up over there. I also had a chance with Borla and gave them the opportunity to use my car for R&D. It took them 5 weeks to build the system and get the sound that they are known for. Magnaflow barely took 5 days to make there's. If I forgot to say anything I'll edit it later...

Now at the end of the day it's your choice as far as the system you want for your car. You want Magnaflow or Borla or Corsa or whatever other system you can think of get it. All I ask is that you don't cry over price. If you can afford a $60,000+ car the last thing you should cry over is the price of an exhaust system. You get what you pay for and in this sport you have to Pay to Play.

Might I also say that 90% of you guys loved the videos or should I say sound and now that they have posted there prices you guys bash them.

NOTE this is just my opinion and opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one...

Zero when are we getting together?

So the touring is louder than the s-type and the atak? I was under the impression the touring was the quietest offering from borla. Watching borlas own videos it certainly seems that way as well. Maybe you could elaborate a little. Thanks a alot!

rancid

Established Member
Trip - I can relate to that, people did the same on the corvettes. I primarly just want the muffler and not a full catback so that is swaying my vote on which to get more than anything. I honestly liked the sound of your videos better than any of the magnaflow stuff I heard but for $650 it is worth a risk on the Comp Magna series IMO.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
"You get what you pay for". Lol...there are TONS of products (not just automotive) out there that charge you just for their name and have nothing to do with quality, efficiency, or performance. Just because I can afford to pay cash for a $65k car doesn't mean I like giving my money away for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread