Borla Exhausts!!

peteypab2133

Established Member
Looks like Borla just updated the site today with the 3 different exhaust systems.

Talked to a guy on the phone and he said the headers/mid pipe are not going to be sold till December

The following parts numbers... Click on it to get to it.

Stype: 140500

Touring: 140499

Atak: 140501

I am excited but bummed out that they are pretty pricey for basically just a muffler setup.. I also wish they had the rest of the system ready as well...

Gives me something to do over winter...

Oh and here are the sound clips of two of the three. I know I posted it in the other thread, but its a dead horse.

[youtube_browser]LPQuUmx6UCY&feature=g-hist[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]V9TFMyLH5ak&feature=plcp[/youtube_browser]

Oh and I am not employed by borla, I just want others to buy this so I can make up my mind... :burnout:

Also, I wonder if vendors will have a lower price and this is just the "MSRP"

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Funny, the photos all look exactly the same, no differences whatsoever! and yea pretty damn pricey for just the axle back....

Zeroescence

Established Member
Funny, the photos all look exactly the same, no differences whatsoever! and yea pretty damn pricey for just the axle back....

Way more pricey than I was thinking. Oh we'll. I'm in love with my magnaflow street series and just put the comp series on last night. Holy shit this thing sounds awesome with the comp series. It's actually really tame in the cab of the car under heavy throttle. Review and vids to come.

Borla is nice. Hope they sell some of the production units to hear how it sounds with just the axle back.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Way more pricey than I was thinking. Oh we'll. I'm in love with my magnaflow street series and just put the comp series on last night. Holy shit this thing sounds awesome with the comp series. It's actually really tame in the cab of the car under heavy throttle. Review and vids to come.

Borla is nice. Hope they sell some of the production units to hear how it sounds with just the axle back.

I have always been a fan of Borla sound but shit this system is pricey! Look forward to your vid of the comp series, I like the black color tips too!

peteypab2133

Established Member
Yes, please get some audio and video up. A review too.

I wish people who do audio clips of loud exhausts should consider getting a inexpensive external mic with a sound diffuser on it so it captures the exhaust more clearly.
I used my home theater system mic to my gopro and it made a world of difference.

Excited for your results.

Zeroescence

Established Member
To be honest the borla in the vids above sound terrible, I was almost 100% sure I was going to sell one of my magnaflow exhaust systems and buy the borla but at this point it's a no go.

As far as I'm concerned I'm keeping the magnaflows for the life if the Shelby. Here is a quick vid uploaded from my phone my wife recorded once I installed the comp series. I'm about 5-6 city blocks from my house where my wife was recording. She was just outside to get vid of the pull up when I came home. But she said the whole time I was gone she could hear me so wanted to get video of it.

YouTube - Quick vid of comp series.

Last edited:

shelbysvt

Established Member
Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
To be honest the borla in the vids above sound terrible, I was almost 100% sure I was going to sell one of my magnaflow exhaust systems and buy the borla but at this point it's a no go.

As far as I'm concerned I'm keeping the magnaflows for the life if the Shelby. Here is a quick vid uploaded from my phone my wife recorded once I installed the comp series. I'm about 5-6 city blocks from my house where my wife was recording. She was just outside to get vid of the pull up when I came home. But she said the whole time I was gone she could hear me so wanted to get video of it.

Smart man! Magnaflow sound and quality is much better than the Borla crap.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

so you have two exhaust systems??? sell one!!!! :lol1:

ITLMOVE

Established Member
I might be in the minority, but I hate the Magnaflow sound. I have the street series axle-back on my 2013 right now and the interior resonance is the worst I have ever heard.

I've been checking the Borla site daily, waiting for a new exhaust. I just ordered the ATAK axle-back. Hopefully it will be on by next weekend.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I might be in the minority, but I hate the Magnaflow sound. I have the street series axle-back on my 2013 right now and the interior resonance is the worst I have ever heard.

I've been checking the Borla site daily, waiting for a new exhaust. I just ordered the ATAK axle-back. Hopefully it will be on by next weekend.

Pics and vids please.

Zeroescence

Established Member

I'm hoping the sound is better with the factory exhaust manifold and cats in place. If so I might sell my magnaflow street series and pick one of the borla kits. As of now no mufflers is like heaven to my ear holes. Lol.

so you have two exhaust systems??? sell one!!!! :lol1:

Yeah I sold my stocker to KWClutch here on the forums. I have the magnaflow comp and street series. I was going to sell, but I love the way they sound and no money out of pocket.

ITLMOVE

Established Member
I'm hoping the sound is better with the factory exhaust manifold and cats in place. If so I might sell my magnaflow street series and pick one of the borla kits. As of now no mufflers is like heaven to my ear holes. Lol.

If I was going to do it over again, I would have picked the comp series over the street series. I was worried about the loudness of the comp series when starting my car in the early morning. But screw it, my neighbors should be up cooking breakfast anyway :lol:

Zeroescence

Established Member
If I was going to do it over again, I would have picked the comp series over the street series. I was worried about the loudness of the comp series when starting my car in the early morning. But screw it, my neighbors should be up cooking breakfast anyway :lol:

I'm with you, f them. Lol. My wife said wow it makes me jump when you fire it up, I said imagine how the sleeping neighbors are going to feel. Hahah. I will say this in the car at cruising speeds in 5th or 6th it's really close to the loudness of the stock. But when you open her up its like a pro stock car on the out side and more mild on the inside than the street series.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
F-that garbage.

I've been a HUGE spokesman for Borla since I put stingers on my '99 back in '05,'but there is nonway in hell I'm paying 1500+ dollars for almost the same amount of metal as is on my old car.

Zeroescence

Established Member
F-that garbage.

I've been a HUGE spokesman for Borla since I put stingers on my '99 back in '05,'but there is nonway in hell I'm paying 1500+ dollars for almost the same amount of metal as is on my old car.

I'm glad others feel the way I do. Way to much money. I have free/good exhaust systems and I was going to buy the borla once it came out. Uhh not anymore. I'd be in at $500-700 on mufflers and $900-1000 for a catback and no x pipe as I hate the sound on these cars.

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
I really want an atak system with x-pipe but my cars going away for the winter in 2 weeks so I'll wait till spring plus I like to wait and hear a bunch on YouTube first

Users who are viewing this thread