Borla event in Oxnard - Feb 23rd, 2008

cw1970

Established Member
Sounds good Dan!:banana:

Thanks for the info Julie!;-)

BTW which car are you going to bring? The Cobra or the Gt?

Hopefully my Cobra will be running by then:dw: Damn alternator went out!!:fm:

If not, I can cruise in my back up car, an 03 Mach 1!!!:-D

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Sounds good Dan!:banana:

Thanks for the info Julie!;-)

BTW which car are you going to bring? The Cobra or the Gt?

Hopefully my Cobra will be running by then:dw: Damn alternator went out!!:fm:

If not, I can cruise in my back up car, an 03 Mach 1!!!:-D

Nice back-up car! I drive the GT/CS, Glenn my husband drives the Cobra. We will have both cars there.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Just got this email from Chris K at Borla...you need to rsvp and receive an invite in order to attend. Please just don't show up! Somehow, wrong info is getting out and we need to make sure people are reading these posts and understanding what they need to do. Please CALL Borla and order your muffler system now before the event in order to receive special discounted pricing!

From Chris K at Borla:
"BORLA Invitational Open House

When: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 8am – 2pm (see registration info below)

Where: BORLA Corporate Headquarters

5901 Edison Drive, Oxnard, CA 93033

What: Join fellow Shelby and Mustang enthusiasts, BORLA engineers, founder Alex Borla, famous Mustang personalities, winning racers and more for a day of Mustang madness. Including:

· Discounts on BORLA Mustang Exhaust Systems (Cat-Backs™, Rear Sections, X-Pipes and Headers*). Have it installed at the event by BORLA factory technicians!

· FREE installation* if you pre-order your system before the event; $50 installation fee* and no time guarantee without pre-purchase.

· Pre-orders and pre-registrations (see forms below) also qualify for a special door prize.

· Gift bags to the first 150 attendees.

· Refreshments and food.

· Vintage Mustangs and race cars on display.

· Tours of the BORLA exhaust manufacturing facility.

· Meet “turbo guru” engine builder Kenny Duttweiler, owner Alex Borla, racer and BDX chief instructor Alan Crockett, and other industry leaders.

* Headers available for discounted purchase only; installation not available at this event.

RSVP Required Send email to: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Chris Kaufmann

Borla Performance Industries
Motorsports-Public Relations
Manager "

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Julie,
Can Chris, Christina or Jenn put together a list of the people that are in fact confirmed attendees for this event.

Tom

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Julie,
Can Chris, Christina or Jenn put together a list of the people that are in fact confirmed attendees for this event.

Tom

That might create a confidentiality issue. Some people on forums do not like having their names exposed. I would suggest either calling or emailing Borla to confirm yourself. If you did indeed receive an email or snail-mail invite from them, you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
That might create a confidentiality issue. Some people on forums do not like having their names exposed. I would suggest either calling or emailing Borla to confirm yourself. If you did indeed receive an email or snail-mail invite from them, you should be good to go.

I see, I know I'm good, see you all there!

02saleen

Established Member
Hopefully i can make it...read in the paper that they are planing on moving out of Oxnard:shrug:...talking about selling the plant on Edison and moving to Tenesse

Kriggans

Established Member
Borla Staying in Oxnard

Hopefully i can make it...read in the paper that they are planing on moving out of Oxnard:shrug:...talking about selling the plant on Edison and moving to Tenesse

Just to clarify, we're not "moving out of Oxnard." Our main offices have been and will be here in Oxnard. We're just expanding our reach by adding another facility in Tennessee to better serve our customers on the Slightly-Colder Coast :-D

And for those for you who are interested in our Open House, please register on the website. Julie, thank you for your help gathering interest & info so we don't miss anybody who wants to participate.
http://www.borla.com/events/openhouse.aspx

We look forward to seeing you all on the 23rd.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Hi Chris!

I have to ask , do you need to be named some form of "Chris" to work at Borla?? :lol1::lol1: I have talked to Chris K, Christina and now Chris H. !!! Just kidding. ;-)

We are looking forward to the Borla Open House!:banana::pepper::banana:

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
For clarification, if we have sent an e mail RSVP ing to the event already, do we still need to pre-register on the link from post #54? Thanks,

cw1970

Established Member
This might sound like a dumb question, but do you have to purchase a Borla exhaust in order to attend? I replied to Borla's invite on their site and it asks me the part # of the exhaust that I'm interested in. I just threw in a part number (I already have a Borla catback) and the invite tells me about a pre-order price and install price??? I am not buying another exhaust (yet). I just want to attend the open house.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
This might sound like a dumb question, but do you have to purchase a Borla exhaust in order to attend? I replied to Borla's invite on their site and it asks me the part # of the exhaust that I'm interested in. I just threw in a part number (I already have a Borla catback) and the invite tells me about a pre-order price and install price??? I am not buying another exhaust (yet). I just want to attend the open house.

Don't have to purchase. They're just offering discounts on pre-ordered kits as well as installation deals on site. :beer:

cw1970

Established Member
Don't have to purchase. They're just offering discounts on pre-ordered kits as well as installation deals on site. :beer:

Okay thanks for clearing that up:thumbsup:

I think that I met you at the last TSP cruise? Didn't your wife drive the cobra and you drove the gt500 to the Rose Bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread