boosted cars. show me ur gauge setup

stang910

Established Member
Next time you see me at the track feel free to check mine out. I'm running AEM digital boost and AFR gauges in a SOS pod.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Honestly I think my SOS triple pod is a piece of shit. Pods are mounted like crap and I've had to fix it twice. With that out of the way.... I have a aeroforce, autometer boost and aem wideband. I'd love to swap my boost gauge with something better and add fuel pressure to my aeroforce.

stang910

Established Member
i posted up on WOT FB page to see if u minded taking me for a ride in ur car. torn on paxton/TT route

I don't use FB, but I don't mind. Gonna be a little though cause I got more stuff going in the car and my injectors are out at the moment (running on 47lb right now). Hopefully when I'm done it'll be pretty quick.

As for which direction to go, I personally like the ON3 kit and think it's a great kit for the budget minded. If it was out early last year I'd probably have it on my car now. I did have a single turbo on the car and hated it, so when the boss shortblock went in the Paxton went in with it and haven't looked back since. I say pick the one that fits your goals and budget the best, I'm sure you won't regret either.

bmyles

Established Member
Here's mine, I like the clean look
y2ajahyz.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/13/ame3y4up.jpg[/IMG.
And my old setup[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/13/u5u6a5uq.jpg

stang8psi

Established Member
Here is mine autometer phantom II , Boost , Fuel pressure, and Aem wideband in a autometer triple gauge pod

2013-03-13_16-11-51_123.jpg

RC-5.0

Established Member
Honestly I think my SOS triple pod is a piece of shit. Pods are mounted like crap and I've had to fix it twice. With that out of the way.... I have a aeroforce, autometer boost and aem wideband. I'd love to swap my boost gauge with something better and add fuel pressure to my aeroforce.

Never heard anything bad about them..got pics? What's wrong?

Here is mine autometer phantom II , Boost , Fuel pressure, and Aem wideband in a autometer triple gauge pod

2013-03-13_16-11-51_123.jpg

Never seen anyone with the new coyotes running FP gauges.

For those with A/C analog boost gauges, how the hell you reading those while you're driving?

Anymore pics?
RC

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Never heard anything bad about them..got pics? What's wrong?

Never seen anyone with the new coyotes running FP gauges.

For those with A/C analog boost gauges, how the hell you reading those while you're driving?

Anymore pics?
RC

they mount the pods on with rivets which is all fine but they are not all that stable. hit mine with my sun shade and damn near knocked off the middle pod. pulled 1 rivet out that was on a super thin piece of plastic. i didnt hit it all that hard either. its just a stock pillar with the pods mounted to it. i think it looks great but its just not durable. used hot clue and glued the pods to the pillar and they are more ridgid now.

KonaFifty

Established Member
mine isn't boosted "yet" but i plan on getting a defi boost gauge (had in in my evo 9) to monitor boost and mount it in the center of my steering column (i have a 12 base, nothing technical in the center area of the cluster), afr i dunno yet,
i used a hks turbo timer for my evo 8 and 9 which gave me afr readings also (decently accurate) and was ok to have for monitoring afr. it isn't as "true" as other units which actually use a sensor though, this one just taps into the factory
system (i think one of the wires going into the ecu, cant remember).

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
mine isn't boosted "yet" but i plan on getting a defi boost gauge (had in in my evo 9) to monitor boost and mount it in the center of my steering column (i have a 12 base, nothing technical in the center area of the cluster), afr i dunno yet,
i used a hks turbo timer for my evo 8 and 9 which gave me afr readings also (decently accurate) and was ok to have for monitoring afr. it isn't as "true" as other units which actually use a sensor though, this one just taps into the factory
system (i think one of the wires going into the ecu, cant remember).

might work out for you as we have factory wide band sensors. aeroforce reads wideband from the factory sensors.

by9468840

Established Member
- Roush Boost gauge
- Aeroforece interceptor dual gauge
both mounted in Speed of Sound dual gauge pillar. I dont like the vent mount setups. I love the pillar's factory look.

Aeroforce is awesome. I am using it also for automatic alarms i.e. set up to alarm me if AFR ever goes above 11.5 at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread