Boostane questions.

PC03GT

Established Member
was it actually rust, or just rust colored - I thought Boostane was known for leaving a (supposedly) harmless orange hue on your engine internals and spark plugs
Looked like rust to me, we'll find out in a few weeks when the heads come off this thing

railroad

Established Member
It is an orange frost on the combustion chamber, valves and piston top.
Torco does the same. Do not know long term effects.
I figure if VP sells it and it does the same, hopefully it will not damage the engine.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It is an orange frost on the combustion chamber, valves and piston top.
Torco does the same. Do not know long term effects.
I figure if VP sells it and it does the same, hopefully it will not damage the engine.

Does the same to cats and turbo components.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Why don't you discuss timing with Lidio. The only way you're going to make that power number on a Dynojet is either a metric ton of belt or clutch slip OR you are off by about 3 degrees of timing due to knock /high iat2, etc. More octane allows for more timing before detonation. But talk to him. Forums won't answer your questions.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I will. Thanks!

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I’m sure Lidio would support using Boostane based on the experience he has shared with me.
I’d add the gears and wait until you recalibrate to the car. And if you’re running 305/35/20 drag radials I’d go 4.10s but I think lidio prefers 3.73s
-J
Thanks. I'm going to reach out to him soon because I want to get the rear end replacement scheduled.

Now that the holidays are over, counting down the days until we can bring the cars back out of hibernation!

HKusp

Established Member
The rev limit being relatively low on a 5.4/5.8 makes 4.10's a little scary to me. I had 3.73's on my '09 and it would get up on the rev limiter pretty quickly in 1st and 2nd gear. I believe the '13/'14's have a taller gear ratio in their version of the TR6060 than the '09 did that might change that situation a little but it was still worrisome to me with my 3.73's.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The rev limit being relatively low on a 5.4/5.8 makes 4.10's a little scary to me. I had 3.73's on my '09 and it would get up on the rev limiter pretty quickly in 1st and 2nd gear. I believe the '13/'14's have a taller gear ratio in their version of the TR6060 than the '09 did that might change that situation a little but it was still worrisome to me with my 3.73's.
First gear ‘07-12 2.97
First gear ‘13-14 2.66

With a 3.73 in ‘07-12 cars you’d have more first gear ratio with 3.73s in the early cars than the ‘13-14 cars with a 4.10.
Again, my personal experience says 4.10 in ‘13-14 cars as long as you run a sticky tire.
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If ur car is tuned to 93 octane and ur making lots of power with it I would ALWAYS put half a bottle in if I was taking my car out to make power that night.

93 octane is always sketchy...... a little added octane just starves off the detonation thats all.

But I would suggest getting a methanol kit as well as that will lower IAT temps drastically. I would not tune to it but id suggest using it. I have them in all my cars except my Trackhawk but thats E85 only and doesnt need it.

Users who are viewing this thread