Boost overlay spotted on Hot Rod magazine feature car

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys, I thought you might get a kick out of this. I was reading the September Hot Rod and saw an article on a really cool 40 Ford. The guy had dropped in an '03 Terminator motor complete with supercharger. Very nicely and tastefully done. I looking at the pictures showing the various details and I see he also grafted the "03 gauge cluster into the 40's dash. Another nice touch I thought. My eyes are drawn to the boost gauge cause I always check to see if the '03 or '04 Cobra I'm looking at has one of my Boost Overlays. Well there it is. Wow I thought. That is cool. No mention of it in the article however and I'm sure most people don't even realize it's there. Pretty subtle. I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it and reading the article. Especially the thousand or so of you who have the overlay. Kind of neat. Thought I'd share.
For those of you who might be curious the Boost Overlay can be seen and purchased at www.boostoverlay.com

Ray H.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey man that's pretty cool and keep on a selling those things.:beer:

April

Established Member
Anyone know how long it takes to get them, I have no way to get ahold of this guy, its not on the website, I just paypaled him tonight, I need it by Wednesday so I can give my husband his boost a pump and get his car tuned, kinda wanted to do it all together, if anyone knows how i can get ahold of this guy i would appreciate it!

Thanks!
April

sct12

Established Member
I am sure that he will pm you back tommorrow. I believe he visits the site daily. When I bought mine he always got back to me within a day, stand up guy.

Hmm...My wife never gets on to websites to buy me anything for my car.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
PM sent sexywrxchick. It will be in tomorrow's mail. You should easily have it by next Wednesday. That's sure a nice thing you are doing for your husband also! I appreciate your business. I'll have my web guy put my home and cell number on the site. It's in the printed instructions that come with the Boost Overlay but you had a good idea about wanting it on the web site also. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope your husband has a great birthday!

Ray H.

April

Established Member
Well I have had enough Cobras so I know how nice it is to get car parts for your birthday, wouldn't want anything else ;-). Thanks for the quick response, will make a dyno video when we get home next Wednesday!!!!!!!

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
ray is the man when i bought mine had a responcee very shortly arived in the mail soon than expected

keep selling them things man you should branch out into other cars and makes and models doing that might be a good $ maker

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I've had my boost overlay for a couple of years now and love it! The best thing about it is it looks OEM stock! I highly recommend this product! Thanks Ray!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's cool Ray. Nice to see your great products get some well deserved attention. :beer:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks guys and gals. I still get a thrill when I stick my head in an 03-04 and see the Boost Overlay. They couldn't have happened without a lot of help and suggestions from all you folks. I'm thrilled an honored to have had a small part in contributing to the Terminator community.

Ray H.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally signed up on SVTP....thanks Ray for your great product and customer service....

I called this guy after hours, at home even....and he still walked me through the process!!

JymBart

Established Member
I have the overlay, ......... great product, quality service, . Rays a stand up guy. Glad the Mags are finally showing this product.

JymBart

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I copied a FAQ portion of my web site www.boostoverlay.com which helps explain what
a Boost Overlay is and does. I will ad a few things to the Q:& A: copy below.
The overlay was developed right here on this forum with a lot of suggestions and
encouragement from the board members here. The stock boost gauge goes up to a limited 10#s of boost. When the Overlay is installed and calibrated it will allow the stock gauge to measure up to 16#s. There is a model second Overlay, the High Boost Overlay which allows up to 23#s of boost for aftermarket blowers which develope more boost than the Eaton.
The Boost Overlay has been featured in Hot Rod, Muscle Mustangs, 5.0 and possibly a few others I don't know about.
I've been selling them on this board for 5 years or so now. You can also do a search for "Boost Overlay" and read a lot of other posts about the overlay as well.

Frequently asked questions about the Hilton Boost Overlay.

Q: What is it and what will it do for my '03-'04 Cobra or Lightning?
A:The Hilton Boost Overlay is a clear self-adhesive vinyl overlay that installs over the stock boost gauge. When installed and calibrated per the detailed instructions, the overlay allows accurate measurement of up to 16 pounds of boost.

Q:What advantage does the Overlay have over an aftermarket gauge?
A:The Hilton Boost Overlay allows the dash to remain stock appearing. There is no need to drill holes or run extra pluming to a pillar or dash mounted aftermarket gauge. The dash and instrument cluster appearance remain OEM.

Q: How difficult is it to install?
A:The Hilton Boost Overlay was designed to be installed by the novice and professional alike. When the detailed instructions are followed it should take an average of 1 to 2 hours to install and calibrate the overlay.

Q: Why are there only 3 hash marks between the 10 and the 15 on the Cobra overlay?
A:The first hash mark past the 10 on the overlay represents 12 pounds of boost. The far right side of the thick hash mark above the 10 is actually about 11 pounds of boost. The overlay was set up this way in order to keep the hash marks equal distance from each other.

Q: Do I have to calibrate the gauge once the overlay is installed?
A:We highly recommend calibrating the gauge per the instructions that come with the Hilton Boost overlay. Due to production tolerances the boost gauges will vary for car to car. The only way to ensure the accuracy of the overlay is to calibrate the gauge. The instructions will take you step-by-step through this process.
The Overlays can be seen and purchased at www.boostoverlay.com

If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks, Ray H.

Users who are viewing this thread