Boost gauge

jjones

Established Member
Is there a boost gauge that you can replace the vacuum gauge with on the pp cars with the track pack?

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I will be attempting to get the eco-boost boost gauge to work in place of the factory vacuum gauge. I am doing some research and seeing what is all needed to make it compatible.

jjones

Established Member
I will be attempting to get the eco-boost boost gauge to work in place of the factory vacuum gauge. I am doing some research and seeing what is all needed to make it compatible.

I was wondering the same thing. i would think maybe the same one would work. the gauge just needs to have a neutral point where it can travel either + or - for boost of vaccuum.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
EB gauge goes to 30 psi :)

20150406_210605.jpg

Anthony K

Established Member
Problem is ford hasn't released the Eco guage pack yet to purchase.

I'm researching it too

The guages get their info from the can bus.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Problem is ford hasn't released the Eco guage pack yet to purchase.

I'm researching it too

The guages get their info from the can bus.

Anxious to see what yall find.

I suspect it's going to be a matter of what the signal range is. If it's 0-5 v for 30-0 vac, and 0-5v for 30-0-30 boost, then a direct swap won't work. If both are 0-5v but the gt one only uses 0-2.5v and stops, then it's an easy swap out.

What's the can bus?

95cobby

Established Member
It would deff be cool to be able to swap them out but for the price I'm sure it's not worth it. Plus most boosted GT's will be less than 10psi and that small area from 0-10 is just not enough for me.

Anthony K

Established Member
For a clean factory look, I'll spend $1k to do the swap. Instead of tacked on autometer guages in pods for $200

It has to be data pulled from the map sensor, if it's incompatible with the guage in the gt, I'll see about swapping the sensor

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
For a clean factory look, I'll spend $1k to do the swap. Instead of tacked on autometer guages in pods for $200

It has to be data pulled from the map sensor, if it's incompatible with the guage in the gt, I'll see about swapping the sensor

I am pretty sure all information comes from the computer now.

But don't non PP cars show vac/boost in info center? If so, it may very well be just swap the gauge out, or pair of them. I have heard that they are one piece behind the facia made together but not yet available from ford.

95cobby

Established Member
I will be installing a boost gauge shortly. If you don't want to do that, you can always get an obd adapter and use an app called DashCommand.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Yes the none PP GTs have a digital boost/vac gauge in the infocenter. I tried to go through IDS to add that to the apps but we couldn't find anything. I think that we can just swap the gauge pack from an ecoboost and it'll work fine.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Where do you think the Ecm gets the info? Osmosis?

Industry standard MAP sensor

Manifold Absolute Pressure

Duh.

The problem is outputs and calibration ranges. If you stick a map sensor calibrated for 30-0 in a system where the computer is calibrated doe 30-0-30 (or vice versa in this case), it will not be displayed correctly. The question now becomes, with the right sensor and gauge, what has to be done to make the computer read and then output the right voltages.

Last edited:

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks these digital dash gauges aren't accurate enough to trust? Every tuner I've spoke with about it does not trust these comp driven gauges for anything. I think the word was "worthless". I know that's the case with the AFR in the 13-14. On E85 (AFR sub 10), that gauge set couldn't read below 10.

Anthony K

Established Member
Duh.

The problem is outputs and calibration ranges. If you stick a map sensor calibrated for 30-0 in a system where the computer is calibrated doe 30-0-30 (or vice versa in this case), it will not be displayed correctly. The question now becomes, with the right sensor and gauge, what has to be done to make the computer read and then output the right voltages.

Well mine is ALREADY reading it right. Because the car continues to run under boost. Even though the map sensor cannot read boost.

Your making it more than it is.

Users who are viewing this thread