Boost a Pump burned out?

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Ok,

In Nov of last year I installed a KB BAP along with the Lethal wiring upgrade. I deployed from Feb until last week and the car was driven sparingly while I was gone.

Got back last Sunday and have been driving the car ever since for about 200 miles.

Today the Service Engine Light came on and there was a whining from the trunk where the BAP resides.

Nursed it home and started trouble shooting. When I opened the trunk I could hear the whining sound coming from the BAP. I turned the BAP down from about halfway to 10 and the sound went away.

I called KB and asked them and they said it was possible that I burned it out running it full time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
i too have never heard of a BAP "burning out" as a result of being wired full time. Now, on a very rare ocassion, they do go bad for whatever reason.......

NFCstang

Established Member
Hmmm...I hadn't thought about the FPDM....could it make a whining sound if it went bad?

I'm going to take a look and make sure there aren't any frayed wires or anything on Sunday that may have caused a short and make sure the whining is coming from the BAP since the BAP and FPDM are right next to each other. Failing that, I'll run it up to the dealer on Monday and have them pull the codes and then we'll go from there.

Maybe a strange coninsedence but I had to replace the fuse for the interior lights today about 2 hours before the SEL came on and the whining began. For some reason it just burned out.

Silverboost

Established Member
i wouldn't go to the dealer to have the codes pulled. Go to Autozone and they will do it for free if you don't have a handheld tuner.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The BAP will make some noise. Before thinking the BAP is bad. Tell us what the codes are first. Ive had my BAP for 4 yrs full time approx 20k miles on it.

NFCstang

Established Member
Ok,

pulled the code today

PO340 - Cam Position
Sensor A - Bat 1
Circuit Malfunction

Now I'm really confused.

Car was hard to start this morning and rough idled until it warmed up.

Drove fine on the way to Autozone.

Pulled the side out of the trunk and there's a definate whining sound (almost like amplifier feedback) coming from the BAP whenever it's turned past 10 or 20

Thoughts? How would I actually know if the BAP went bad without actually strapping it to a dyno and looking at the A/F?

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
From my understanding this is where a wideband comes into play.

Also, I've researched immensely on these and it seems like they for the most part are all a lil noisy. :shrug:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Also, I've researched immensely on these and it seems like they for the most part are all a lil noisy. :shrug:

Or a hand held and a lap top to do some data logging. Something I personally think is a must for modded Terminator owners.

It can save your bacon.:beer:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ok,

pulled the code today

PO340 - Cam Position
Sensor A - Bat 1
Circuit Malfunction

Now I'm really confused.

Car was hard to start this morning and rough idled until it warmed up.

Drove fine on the way to Autozone.

Pulled the side out of the trunk and there's a definate whining sound (almost like amplifier feedback) coming from the BAP whenever it's turned past 10 or 20

Thoughts? How would I actually know if the BAP went bad without actually strapping it to a dyno and looking at the A/F?

The BAP is supposed to make noise. It will make a buzzing sound. That is NORMAL. Sounds like you have a cam sensor issue. The cam sensor will cause hard starts, rough idle, etc etc

NFCstang

Established Member

The BAP is supposed to make noise. It will make a buzzing sound. That is NORMAL. Sounds like you have a cam sensor issue. The cam sensor will cause hard starts, rough idle, etc etc

Hmmm..very interesting. Mine never really made any noise that I noticed until yesterday and then there was a definate whine that I could hear as I was driving.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Hmmm..very interesting. Mine never really made any noise that I noticed until yesterday and then there was a definate whine that I could hear as I was driving.

Maybe you havent noticed it because your car was running fine? Now that you have an issue and you hear the BAP is making noise its making you paranoid and you think its the BAP. Yet you are setting a cam sensor code. Its pretty obvious where the problem lies.

Users who are viewing this thread