Boom tubes or SLP Loudmouths

long time comin

long time comin
Established Member
Thinkin about putting some axle backs on my '10 .....anyone have any experience with either pipes? Any power gains or losses either way? I want a more aggressive sound, but certainly don't want to lose any hp over it!

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Power is unaffected for the most part. I have the loudmouths and love them, but the KR mufflers are tempting me badly. I don't think there is a better sounding muffler out there over the KR setup.

Also, on the 2010 if you want the open exhaust I hear the rousch setup is the way to go. It fits the rear bumper nicely.

svt1111

Established Member
I thought the 2010's had 'KR' style mufflers already?

Anyway, I currently have the SLP deletes ( although will be off the car this weekend hopefully, since we are throwing on some 'mods').

I think they are the best sounding with a stock X pipe. Some people object to the snap and pop on decel you get from these, I like it though. Not too loud at cruise and just loud enough WOT.

Made NO difference in power at least SOTP.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
IMO..Tubes sound better then the SLP's
They worked great when I had the stock manifolds/x

And, listening to the Roush/YouTube-they sound real nice
on the 10's

long time comin

long time comin
Established Member
I thought the 2010's had 'KR' style mufflers already?

Anyway, I currently have the SLP deletes ( although will be off the car this weekend hopefully, since we are throwing on some 'mods').

I think they are the best sounding with a stock X pipe. Some people object to the snap and pop on decel you get from these, I like it though. Not too loud at cruise and just loud enough WOT.

Made NO difference in power at least SOTP.

I love that that "snap, crackle, pop"!! Sounds like a carbed Harley....I think I'm gonna go with SLP, but wanna see what the Pypes Bombs sounds like.
Thanks for the help!

long time comin

long time comin
Established Member
Power is unaffected for the most part. I have the loudmouths and love them, but the KR mufflers are tempting me badly. I don't think there is a better sounding muffler out there over the KR setup.

Also, on the 2010 if you want the open exhaust I hear the rousch setup is the way to go. It fits the rear bumper nicely.

I hope there is no loss of power, I am most likely going with SLP....but really wish I could hear the Pypes in person!
Thanks for the help!

long time comin

long time comin
Established Member
IMO..Tubes sound better then the SLP's
They worked great when I had the stock manifolds/x

And, listening to the Roush/YouTube-they sound real nice
on the 10's

Thanks 09, it's hard to tell via youtube vids, but I am prolly going with SLP's mostly due to name recognition as I think they are pretty close (again, via utube vids) to each other....hopefully I will catch one or both in person here in the Dallas area.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Easy: BoomTubes

Better: Roush Extreme Offroad catback (mufflers under car, front of axle).

SLP LM...sound ok in car with stock midpipe; BUT 3.5" tips will be too small for the '10. Dunno if they've addressed that yet.

If they haven't and you still want double-walled tips and a delete system; search "SSS Axle back" on Ebay and other various websites. They make a nice delete system that is just as nice as the SLP and a lot cheaper. I own both...

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Easy: BoomTubes

Better: Roush Extreme Offroad catback (mufflers under car, front of axle).

SLP LM...sound ok in car with stock midpipe; BUT 3.5" tips will be too small for the '10. Dunno if they've addressed that yet.

If they haven't and you still want double-walled tips and a delete system; search "SSS Axle back" on Ebay and other various websites. They make a nice delete system that is just as nice as the SLP and a lot cheaper. I own both...

M,

Brings back memories.....Boom Tubes:beer: think that was my
4th set-up,,,,lol

1fast10shelby

Established Member
Ummmm...am I missing something here?

SLP LM, Pypes Pype bomb, SSS off road system...thay are all muffler delete systems...they are just straight 2.5" pipe with slightly different tips.

I would think that they would all sound the same...straight pipe is straight pipe is straight pipe.

Pick the one with the tips that you like.

Rob

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Ummmm...am I missing something here?

SLP LM, Pypes Pype bomb, SSS off road system...thay are all muffler delete systems...they are just straight 2.5" pipe with slightly different tips.

I would think that they would all sound the same...straight pipe is straight pipe is straight pipe.

Pick the one with the tips that you like.

Rob

All the deletes do sound 99.999% the same.

The point I said was just that about the tips; that the SLP 3.5" tips won't fill the 2010 valance; so check into the SSS System with the 4" tips instead.

Pype Bomb is not a delete system. It has resonators/mufflers at the very end, more similar to BoomTubes.

Clips of Pype Bomb...little quieter than BoomTubes with a smoother note on accel; but have a distinct glasspack-like 'pop' on decel. Note that these on a 3V GT. Putting them on a 500 should make them tend to be a little deeper down low and louder (just more volume; same note) up top.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y43YqRFe-R8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Pypes Exhaust 2010 Mustang GT "Pype Bomb" axle back Video 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLFF2bDYNMo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Pypes Exhaust 2010 Mustang GT "Pype Bomb" axle back Video 2[/ame]

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Finally got my Pype Bombs in. I took a few pics. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to install them. I'll try to take a video when I do.

4421045220_f17cd1c5ec_b.jpg

4421045404_b90a86e04c_b.jpg

4420278687_539028bcd1_b.jpg

4420278801_92e85a609b_b.jpg

4421045946_4de4956dcf_b.jpg

4421045796_c7555aa723_b.jpg

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Finally got my Pype Bombs in. I took a few pics. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to install them. I'll try to take a video when I do.

4421045220_f17cd1c5ec_b.jpg

4421045404_b90a86e04c_b.jpg

4420278687_539028bcd1_b.jpg

4420278801_92e85a609b_b.jpg

4421045946_4de4956dcf_b.jpg

4421045796_c7555aa723_b.jpg

Definately look like a quality part, get some vid s up quick when you et them installed. i am thinking about pairing these with (wait for it) a O/R X-pipe, yikes! If they have a bit more noise suppresion than your standard muffler delete. The tips acually look like thye have quite a bit of packing in them.

How much did these run you? btw

bpmurr

Established Member
Definately look like a quality part, get some vid s up quick when you et them installed. i am thinking about pairing these with (wait for it) a O/R X-pipe, yikes! If they have a bit more noise suppresion than your standard muffler delete. The tips acually look like thye have quite a bit of packing in them.

$219.99 Shipped from Pypes. It was the pre-production pricing. I think they retail for $279.99 + shipping now. I'll be sure to take some videos.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member

Yeah youre neighbors are just going to LOVVVVVE you... lmfao!

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
damn, delete kits are finally catching on

sucks because its nice being in the rare crowd of gt500s that actually don't sound like crap

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I had SLPs on the car for 4k miles and loved them but when I went 2.9 whipple kooks headers and high flow xpipe they were toloud so i went back to stock 2008 mufflers if the 2010 are like KRs I be interested in some type of a trade . PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread