Bolt on Mach outran a GT500

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
/\ the GYs on the 2013s and the 07-09s are NOT the same tire. The new MYs have a better gripping tire. Also in TX I would think you'd not get too much "cold" roads.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
/\ the GYs on the 2013s and the 07-09s are NOT the same tire. The new MYs have a better gripping tire. Also in TX I would think you'd not get too much "cold" roads.

While this is true, the 13's GYs still suck ass. I can't believe I just heard 1 13 owner say he hasn't had any issues lol.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Never had a "Problem" with the GY's. I would guess the Michelin's are better, but I hadn't had any problems as of yet.

Rain/clouds/shine they worked just fine in residential areas, business areas and on the highway. If I went close to WOT or WOT then I can see them being a problem but they are tame if you stay out of boost.

Please discribe dees "non-wot" to me? :dancenana:

Poppacapp

Established Member
While this is true, the 13's GYs still suck ass. I can't believe I just heard 1 13 owner say he hasn't had any issues lol.

Some people buy a 662hp car to drive like a Prius I guess? and keep it in the garage and only put 143.6 miles per year on it. :lol1:

oldlugs

Established Member
Maybe I missed this point somewhere in the thread, but OP - are you certain you ran a GT500 and not a '06-'08 Shelby GT..? They also read SHELBY on the back, and with a couple of bolt-ons, probably run about like a Mach with a couple of bolt-ons...(at least close). They were rated at about 320HP (crank) stock.
A Shelby GT is no GT500.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Maybe I missed this point somewhere in the thread, but OP - are you certain you ran a GT500 and not a '06-'08 Shelby GT..? They also read SHELBY on the back, and with a couple of bolt-ons, probably run about like a Mach with a couple of bolt-ons...(at least close). They were rated at about 320HP (crank) stock.
A Shelby GT is no GT500.

A Shelby GT is basically a GT. Here is what I did to a bolt on/tune GT 3v making 318rwhp...you tell me.

[youtube_browser]tG2n-St901k[/youtube_browser]

Last edited by a moderator:

willys srt8

Established Member
Ummm.... didn't the 07-09 GT500s have an iron block and the 10-12s have an aluminum block? Weight and HP difference?

I believe it Stoppy. Based off the times I've seen you post.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Ummm.... didn't the 07-09 GT500s have an iron block and the 10-12s have an aluminum block? Weight and HP difference?

yes, 100lb difference & yes 40-50 hp difference

SS EATR

Established Member
This is definitely believeable, back when I had my mach 1 I ran a 07-09 GT500 at the track a couple times and every time when the tree dropped I'd put 3-4 cars quick out the hole and he would just be passing me right before the end of the 1/4. Driver plays a big part in those cars.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
This is definitely believeable, back when I had my mach 1 I ran a 07-09 GT500 at the track a couple times and every time when the tree dropped I'd put 3-4 cars quick out the hole and he would just be passing me right before the end of the 1/4. Driver plays a big part in those cars.

100% - well, really any manual car at the strip

Poppacapp

Established Member

Yes, and the 07-09 should theoretically spin easier. More weight on the front means it does not transfer to the rear as easy.

clc44

Established Member
Op, don't you trap 112 give or take? If most GT500 of that year trap 113-117, then I believe this without any question. These cars pick up a ton with intake, pulley and tune though.

Maybe you should break the 331ci out on him.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Op, don't you trap 112 give or take? If most GT500 of that year trap 113-117, then I believe this without any question. These cars pick up a ton with intake, pulley and tune though.

Maybe you should break the 331ci out on him.

It only trapped 108mph last time at the track :shrug:

the 331 car is getting sold soon hopefully.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Hm, my 07 gt500 only had issues in 1st, although I didn't do much WOT shifting.

35-40 IMO wasn't that great of a spot for the car with 3.31's. First time I got it I was surprised the thing would do 80 in 2nd. More like 50 or so felt like the sweet spot, IMO.

I could be wrong but I wouldn't think a 1st gen would trap 117, maybe the later ones with the aluminum block and bumped hp, but I could be wrong.

Although, I would've thought he would've come around you harder.

Last edited:

OneSmokeyCobra

Established Member
because race car

You know it brotha :rolling::rolling::rolling:

I actually went back to stock wheels yesterday. kinda regret it because it's dangerously low on traction now. But i'm gonna order some street wheels and save the big'uns for the racetrack... because streetcar...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
You know it brotha :rolling::rolling::rolling:

I actually went back to stock wheels yesterday. kinda regret it because it's dangerously low on traction now. But i'm gonna order some street wheels and save the big'uns for the racetrack... because streetcar...

mini tub it and put 14" wide wheels in the rear. That way you can get traction below 70mph. :rockon:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I can see this happening. A geared Mach giving a good run to a stock Shelby and slowly being reeled in.. nothing completely unbelieveable here.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
From the looks of it I was a set of longtubes away from being dead nuts even with him.

Poppacapp

Established Member
From the looks of it I was a set of longtubes away from being dead nuts even with him.

If it were a good run on the Shelby's end, it would take nothing short of a full built supercharged or nitrous setup to be even with him I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread