Bolt-on C6Z06 breaks into the 9's.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Totally believeable, but DAMN.....

WTF took so long???? The C6Z has essentially been the same for almost 7 years, it's like starting a fire with 2 sticks yet a torch is 1 ft away.

Its 2012, the C6Z has been out since late 05

bmxer89

Established Member
As a owner of a 03 cobra, you have to stop giving this guy so much crap. He ran the 9, this dude can drive it damn near sound like he driving an auto. When it comes down to it what cobra owner wouldn't uprade to a z06, that car in simple terms is simply amazing.

Robz

Established Member
? BTW, why do you guys venture over here, when you obviously don't own an SVT anything. Do you see me posting on any vette forums? I do post on LS1GTO.com as I own one. I understand you want to show everyone what you've done, but we still don't have all the information, and now you guys are bashing members on this site?

Unless the rules have changed the Time Slip Bar has been a section where all 1/4mile times for all types of vehicles are encouraged and open for discussion. It seems like enough members are showing an interest including you.

Besides a little smack talk and fun amongst members I'm the only one who has been personally attacked and falsely accused by several people simply because some people can't handle the truth.

Back on topic.

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Guys- Thanks for your kind words. I wish I had the opportunity to drive one of the newer Stangs whether they are N/A or SC. Beautiful cars that are fast. I have driven my buddy's Lightening which has run a 10.77 I believe and sixties in the low 1.5s. Extremely impressive considering it's weight.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Well the OP (Robz) started the thread and he's been a member longer then you. He may not have a post count as high as yours but the fact remains the same. You then asked for varification from the owner (Gary) because you didn't want to hear it threw hearsay. Fair enough, so he sighns up to give it to you stright from the horses mouth. I, for one am a die hard ford guy owneing more then one SVT vehicle and more mustangs then one should own in a life time. 98TAdriver may not own one personally but has been under the hood and in the driver seat of every one of my SVT cars he. As for the weight of Garys car I belive its 3130-3150 but not sure if that's with him in it. That you might want to PM Gary to get a quicker responce.

In no way is this post to be in any disrespect to you or anyone else. Just giveing my $.02

and I'm not totally brand loyal, look at my sig. Also in the last 4 years I've had a TBSS, awesome vehicle, and a HHRSS that I traded to get the GTO. All I ever have asked is full disclosure as the time I'm not doubting, but the mph is soooooo much higher than would be expected out of a 3400lb car with driver and only 520ish rhwp. But anything is possible.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That's exactly it, anything is possible. No one else will ever repeat it, just like on one else will ever repeat trapping 131mph in a full weight GT500 with just a pulley and bolt-ons.

Or 10s@ 129mph in a stock Z06, 11.1s@124mph in a stock GT500, low 12s @ 115mph in a stock mustang GT, etc.

It's in freak conditions at the fastest track in the country with drivers who've broken it down to a science.

Tapatalk

Mach828

Established Member
From GaryZ's profile on LS1Tech

2008 ZO6
LS7 427
RPS Clutch,HT KB2 CAI,Vette-Air,FAST102,4.10s,Tune by Troy
Slicks
3175lbs
495hp

@ Atco

10.13 @ 137

Video from youtube of same car running times from above

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBdxvLyULE"]Gary's Z06 Vette 10.13 @ 137 mph 9-16-2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Thread on LS1Tech
Bolt-On Only C6Z goes [email protected] - LS1TECH

stangbanger856

Established Member
and I'm not totally brand loyal, look at my sig. Also in the last 4 years I've had a TBSS, awesome vehicle, and a HHRSS that I traded to get the GTO. All I ever have asked is full disclosure as the time I'm not doubting, but the mph is soooooo much higher than would be expected out of a 3400lb car with driver and only 520ish rhwp. But anything is possible.

and thats fine. but the car dosnt weight 3400 its 3175, 225lbs lighter. but now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

stangbanger856

Established Member
Guys- Thanks for your kind words. I wish I had the opportunity to drive one of the newer Stangs whether they are N/A or SC. Beautiful cars that are fast. I have driven my buddy's Lightening which has run a 10.77 I believe and sixties in the low 1.5s. Extremely impressive considering it's weight.

hey dont know if your going but Atco is still runing tomarow and the condidtions are gona be even better then when you hit the 9 sec pass!

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
hey dont know if your going but Atco is still runing tomarow and the condidtions are gona be even better then when you hit the 9 sec pass!

Thanks for the heads-up. I have been tracking the weather and headed to MIR. Tried some different tires but could not get them to hook properly.

Nate_V8

Established Member
Bah low DA is like using spray. This is just like the guy on the corral with the fastest stock shortblock 3400lb fox 5.0L that runs 10.6, he can only do it at cecil andd with a negative DA. This is nothing to be proud of, it's like using a handicap. How is this thread still going? lol

InKogNigRow

Established Member
well gary your BONESTOCK z06 probably didn't make that kinda power huh? you have no credibility on this site so don't come in thinking you are going to get it with your two posts.

I mentioned that you had the LAUNCH down, but your shifting didnt impress me. My car and times dont reflect my car HOOKING up off the line.

here is a video of my driving in that same cobra you posted HP/Times about. Let me know if you think you can shift faster, listen for tire spin off the line...I hardly doubt your shifting any faster to impress me; in fact I know your not (I seen your video remember?)

[youtube_browser]0troup24iY8[/youtube_browser]

Turbo you can shift a cobra!!! ****!! Hows my old cobra running you need to make a video of you driving that!

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I just PMed one of the local vette guys that I know and its all true. He was at a track rental with Gary and said that his car scoots. I wish they would have opened the rental up to other cars but oh well. They can have their fun.

Congrats on your buddy for making it into the 9s with bolt ons only. :beer:

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
I just PMed one of the local vette guys that I know and its all true. He was at a track rental with Gary and said that his car scoots. I wish they would have opened the rental up to other cars but oh well. They can have their fun.

Congrats on your buddy for making it into the 9s with bolt ons only. :beer:

Thanks for the props. It's true we had a rental on Friday. (We tried keeping it a little smaller than our September rental which had 26 cars. It becomes more difficult to control.) It was ironic because our 9 second pass came on Saturday's T&T. (Go figure.) Generally robz, Matt (Tune Time Performance), and I put on two or three rentals a year at Atco. If you PM me your info, I can let you know when we will have another one. We may do one in the spring since we are currently working on a couple of projects.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
omg the brand loyalty blinders are very tightly mounted on this one! :lol::lol:

those dudes are all legit and all those times and weight/power specifics are legit. these guys have been posting and substantiating ridiculously fast times for a long time now, beit c5z's or c6z's. It might be hard to fathom for people that can't launch or get to a sea level track during a mineshaft day....but that doesn't make this accomplishment any less true. just tip your cap, say good-day and get on with your life. don't lose so much sleep over what those cars can do once optimized setup wise and track wise.

luv the "track calculator" bench racers :lol1:

ruthless

Established Member
Thanks for the props. It's true we had a rental on Friday. (We tried keeping it a little smaller than our September rental which had 26 cars. It becomes more difficult to control.) It was ironic because our 9 second pass came on Saturday's T&T. (Go figure.) Generally robz, Matt (Tune Time Performance), and I put on two or three rentals a year at Atco. If you PM me your info, I can let you know when we will have another one. We may do one in the spring since we are currently working on a couple of projects.

Sounds good. I talk to Dave D-Rod on unitedgearheads. He owns the blacked out c6 with head, cam and some other things. He was a little hurt that I got him at the FLDs but seemed better after getting a 10.1 at the track rental you guys had. We bust eachother up but its all in fun. :beer: Its fun because we both think we still have street cars.
I would love to join you guys if you have a rental again. I need time to get my car dialed in to see what it can do but the two times the local guys had a rental we were rained out.

I like any car thats fast unlike some of the guys that have posted. :shrug:

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
To all the haters, how many of you all have a car than run 9's? C6Z's are amazing cars! GM dont have to do any upgrades when they have a steel crank, Titanium rods, titanium 2.20 intake valves etc.... It ovious some of you guys dont know jack about cars!

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
To all the haters, how many of you all have a car than run 9's? C6Z's are amazing cars! GM dont have to do any upgrades when they have a steel crank, Titanium rods, titanium 2.20 intake valves etc.... It ovious some of you guys dont know jack about cars!

I got a 9 sec car (03 cobra).. And I bet I spent a hell of alot less than a 9 second c6z06 would cost.. And it's not the steel crank, or the titanium rods that cause the problem is the cast pistons.. With a GREAT tune they may live a while at the 700 and above mark but your rolling the dice and It's got alot to do with how you drive it and that came straight from a friend of mine that works for vengence racing... And no I would not trade my cobra for a stock c6 z06..

ruthless

Established Member
I got a 9 sec car (03 cobra).. And I bet I spent a hell of alot less than a 9 second c6z06 would cost.. And it's not the steel crank, or the titanium rods that cause the problem is the cast pistons.. With a GREAT tune they may live a while at the 700 and above mark but your rolling the dice and It's got alot to do with how you drive it and that came straight from a friend of mine that works for vengence racing... And no I would not trade my cobra for a stock c6 z06..

Just stop now please. Your making the ford guys look stupid. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread