Bolt-on C6Z06 breaks into the 9's.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I have never met the OP or the guy that owns the car that ran a 9. Maybe this post will give me a chance too. I thought it would be better to say good job then cut him down seeing that he seems like a knowlageable car guy and could give me some tips at the track.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
No one is hating, this is just what happens when you come on a different platform specific forum and post unheard of freak numbers.

Next thing ya know we got Corvette owners calling every race on here bullshit because now all bolt-on Z06s are 9 second cars.

If I go on the Corvette forum and post members running 10.30s in a full weight / bolt-on GT500 we would have just as many haters / doubters or more. It's just how it goes, this is a timeslip section on a FORD forum, not everyone is gonna drink the kool aid.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I have never met the OP or the guy that owns the car that ran a 9. Maybe this post will give me a chance too. I thought it would be better to say good job then cut him down seeing that he seems like a knowlageable car guy and could give me some tips at the track.

Tips are, sell your turbo cobra and get a bolt-on Z06. ;-)

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Wow glad I never bothered posting up when I ran my junk at the track. Didn't know it was a personal insult to ford owners here.

Impressive times from a bolt on only car.

Robz

Established Member

I'll make sure to get you an invite to our rentals and anyone else you want to bring as long as we have the spots. I've been on this sight a while and enjoy everyone's company and don't mind debating and smack talk.
I starting drag racing not that long ago with some good people who owned 03 cobras. Our cars matched up well and that's what made me a better racer/driver. We all have a comon interest and can learn from each other.

Robz

Established Member
No one is hating, this is just what happens when you come on a different platform specific forum and post unheard of freak numbers.

Next thing ya know we got Corvette owners calling every race on here bullshit because now all bolt-on Z06s are 9 second cars.

If I go on the Corvette forum and post members running 10.30s in a full weight / bolt-on GT500 we would have just as many haters / doubters or more. It's just how it goes, this is a timeslip section on a FORD forum, not everyone is gonna drink the kool aid.

You make some good points but I will say that this particular section of SVT has always been a place for ANY car to post.
On the CF the same thing would happed just like you mentioned but eventually people come around and give some deserved respect.
I have always been treated fairly in general on this site and aprreciate it.

Robz

Established Member
Sounds good. I talk to Dave D-Rod on unitedgearheads. He owns the blacked out c6 with head, cam and some other things. He was a little hurt that I got him at the FLDs but seemed better after getting a 10.1 at the track rental you guys had. We bust eachother up but its all in fun. :beer: Its fun because we both think we still have street cars.
I would love to join you guys if you have a rental again. I need time to get my car dialed in to see what it can do but the two times the local guys had a rental we were rained out.

I like any car thats fast unlike some of the guys that have posted. :shrug:

It's funny we recently met D-Rod. I'm always anxious to lend a hand to inexperience manual vette owner s on the drag strip and had the opportunity to give him some tips. His ride is real nice and very fast. It's difficult to put it all together without help but he's doing well. Seems like a good mate. That's what it's all about. Getting a bunch of fast cars together and ringing them out which motivates us to get better.

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
We put on a rental at MIR this past Friday. Had more than two dozen guys attend. One came as far as Denver while others came from Florida, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey. (I may have missed a state or two.) It was a great time. Lots of guys set PBs. My buddy Eric in his ZR1 rowed the gears to an 8.92 pass. There was a beautiful yellow Stang that went very low 10s that highly exceeded his expectations. Steven Auglis did a great job video taping the event. You can check the Stang out in his full video on YouTube.
Here is a vid containing a 9.971 pass besting the 9.973 of 2011. (3rd pass of the day) We ran DOT tires this time since the track was hooking so well. Still no dumping of the clutch or power shifting. Car has 27,000 plus miles on it.
Z06 Corvette with Bolt Ons runs 9.97 - YouTube

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
We put on a rental at MIR this past Friday. Had more than two dozen guys attend. One came as far as Denver while others came from Florida, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey. (I may have missed a state or two.) It was a great time. Lots of guys set PBs. My buddy Eric in his ZR1 rowed the gears to an 8.92 pass. There was a beautiful yellow Stang that went very low 10s that highly exceeded his expectations. Steven Auglis did a great job video taping the event. You can check the Stang out in his full video on YouTube.
Here is a vid containing a 9.971 pass besting the 9.973 of 2011. (3rd pass of the day) We ran DOT tires this time since the track was hooking so well. Still no dumping of the clutch or power shifting. Car has 27,000 plus miles on it.

Nice. So a 1.40 60' on that pass? Not bad at all :rockon:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Wow, that's incredible! Great job!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Those are amazing times! Running at Atco this time of year definitely helps! What was the DA?

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Found a pic of the Stang.

DSC_6352_zpscae11fc3.jpg

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Nice. So a 1.40 60' on that pass? Not bad at all :rockon:

1.4 60ft, nice :)

Wow, that's incredible! Great job!

Impressive

Those are amazing times! Running at Atco this time of year definitely helps! What was the DA?
Thanks guys. I was happy with the 60' on those tires. There may be a 1.37 in them. The M&H slicks that I usually run go mid 1.3s to low 1.4s most of the time. DA was good but it was much warmer than what you see online.
Maybe the 4.10s take off a full second.
LOL I wish that were true. That would put me in the 9.1x range. :-D

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
UPDATE

Hosted another rental this year at MIR on the 14th. (We ran in the WCFs the preceding week also.) Some badass Stangs in the ALL MOTOR class. Great guys too.

[video=youtube;9y_DOIG1MEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y_DOIG1MEg[/video]

Attachments

• MIR 9.874.jpg
    MIR 9.874.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread