Bolt on Boss guys...post up your numbers!

EJR

Established Member
full exhaust
air intake
ewp
drive train efficiency mods

darreng505

Established Member
Man this site loves to argue...lol

I can promise you this... Ive tested your different day on the same dyno jargon (dyno jet 224)... and let me tell you, for my NA car dynoed in 30 degrees and 90 degrees.... there was a 30whp difference...however....SAE values (which is what we should be comparing since that is the best form of weather correction) netted the EXACT same whp.

Bottom line is this... if you have access to a dyno and can operate it yourself (like myself for instance), then a dyno can properly be used as a tool, and not just a bench racing instrument. I have dynoed my car from day 1 on the same dyno (from 391whp all the way to 460whp) using the same SAE corrections. Smoothing is the only other variable and its not by much. If you understand how the dyno works and know how to use it as a tool...you will be able to truly see your gains...regardless of WHEN you dyno the car.

That is exactly right. And that is why dyno's are used as a tool to consistently measure HP and trap speeds are not....but to each their own!

EJR

Established Member
I never had anything against them. But I decided it was time to get everything out of the ecm of this car. The clutch protection was driving me nuts. Tipping the throttle back in after shifts/etc. Not to mention the tune in my car was very entry level. Ill bring it back to the dyno to see if there are any hp/tq gains anywhere in the curve as well.

SCalla1384

Established Member
trust me i know lol. NED is not the best track in the least... MPH is always low there for almost everyone I know. That place is run like a shit house. Id much rather hit up LVD or Atco.

Yup. SVTP will now accept me !

Lol!

NED ain't that bad dude. As far as how they run it. I guess it depends what day you go up on. But since they went NHRA they've been a lot better. Even Wednesday nights have good prep.

We should plan a trip down to atco in November when I have my car back. Doubt I'll make it up to NED before they close.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

86merc

Established Member
MPH is a good indication of power when you know the weight of the car. We are talking consistent race cars here. Not guys in street cars and street tires with wildly different 60' times, DA and so on. You can use a formula to figure out the mph in a 1/4 based on power and weight. But this is an ideal and perfect pass. So yes, MPH is an indication of power being used.

The dyno is a tool to measure power before and after changes under controlled and safe conditions. Dyno numbers don't mean squat. What matters is what you do with the power you make. Because after all, I have never seen a dyno pull up next to me at a stop light or starting line.

My buddy's C6 Novi 2000 Vette went 11.4 at 137. See my point? lol. The car made 640 rwhp for what its worth.

All I'm saying here is if you come on here posting your HP, I want to see your TRAP SPEEDS ( could care less about ET)!

ET and being the first to the stripe is what I care about! Dyno numbers and MPH means noting when you can't get the car to ET or win races. I ran 11.44 with a stock GT drivetrain and minimal weight reduction. It was at 116 mph. If the car can run a ET like that I could care less that my MPH seems low. haha

mhyjek

Established Member
Hey EJR did you ever get your car to the track yet? Do you post on Lstech forums too, I thought I saw a car like yours put up a post on beating a 2014 GT500 from a roll? Your car must be a freak because those cars put 560-580 stock to the wheels and weight about 400lbs more than your car. Did you have the AED tune in for that run? I have rolled raced a Z06 from your way that you should beat, he is from MA he only puts 550 to wheels should be great run. I'll be up that way in a couple weeks if the weather is nice we should meet up and run all 3 cars. Mine is 13 with a paxton its a pig heavy thought weights about 4000 lbs with me in it. I ran 13 gt 500 and he pulled me by a car. Congrats on your setup keep up the good work!

EJR

Established Member
Yes sir that was me. Happened a few nights ago and yes AED had already tuned the car. Was a tight race but i had a small pull the entire time. And I would definately be down to meet up some time. Im heading to the track Sat the 19th. And a 550whp z06 shouldnt have a problem walking hard away from me or a stock 14 gt500 lol

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
Yes sir that was me. Happened a few nights ago and yes AED had already tuned the car. Was a tight race but i had a small pull the entire time. And I would definately be down to meet up some time. Im heading to the track Sat the 19th. And a 550whp z06 shouldnt have a problem walking hard away from me or a stock 14 gt500 lol

A gt500 from a roll is pretty stout they have good power and instant torque yes they are heavier but if you look at there numbers 60 to 130 they are quick the z06 is fast but I stuck with him not as close as a gt 500 but decent we went 150 or so and about 3 cars. So it would be a good race for you from what I saw of your videos your car has whooped some big hp cars. It will be fun I had AED tune before when I was NA with headers and boss Im and the car was quick it dynoed 420 and was heavier so at 460 and lighter should make it even better I had 3.31 and it did 12.2 at 119 on street tires so with your bigs and 373 should be a run!

EJR

Established Member
I actually hsve 3.90s lol. But are you referring to a stock c6 z and a stock 13 gt500

mhyjek

Established Member
I actually hsve 3.90s lol. But are you referring to a stock c6 z and a stock 13 gt500

No the z06 has exhaust and intake with a tune Gt 500 had exhaust and was a stock except for that I ran them on different nights...

Users who are viewing this thread