Bolt on Boss guys...post up your numbers!

EJR

Established Member
Just recently installed a new clutch assembly that dropped 13lbs bring my power to 460whp/390wtq SAE. Post up your numbers and mods and let me see whats out there.

davsta

All Motor
Established Member
Interested in the weight reduction efforts. Considerable variance from factory weight. Solid Dyno numbers need to followup with a timeslip.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Only difference is I had GT500 ab at the time. The blue line was stock with GT00 ab
9438371252_ed07bfbb37_c.jpg

08GOGT

Established Member
Just had mine on VMP's mobile dyno jet this last weekend, put down 453hp 394tq, may have been a couple higher on the hp as they cut that run off at 7300rpm. Mods are in the sig.

65sohc

Established Member
Here is a summary of my results:
Dynocom dyno (AED): stock 404, AED-tuned 411hp=7hp gain
Mustang dyno: stock 387, Steeda CAI plus AED tune 407=20hp gain.

Tyler72

Established Member
Mustang Dyno (AKA: the heart breaker) Stock was 361. Full Kooks exhaust, Airaid CF intake, and AED tune later it makes 414. So a gain of 53 RWHP.

Our Dyno is really stingy compared to most others... but It's just a tuning tool, not intended to compare to every other dyno.

But... that being said, we generally are about 14% lower than the average dyno jet, so that would put me at around 472 to the tires if I strapped it to one of those.

EJR

Established Member
Good results guys. My car made 390whp bone stock on the same dyno. With full exhaust, air intake, and tune...made 430whp. Gain of 40. However I dynoed the bolt ons with 15 inch wheels and big side walls (will wrinkle and drop a bit of hp) so i may have actually gained more. The remaining 30whp I got came from parasitic losses and drivetrain efficiency. Not a single CFM more through the motor. Still on the same wheel/tire.

svt1111

Established Member
Dare I suggest that a more telling picture of bolt on numbers perhaps may be reflected at a real 1/4 mile? I only say this because comparing from dyno to dyno is always a crapshoot. I am impressed with some of these numbers though, I have to say!

Never dyno'd mine, only took it to the track. I am naive and trusted that my AED canned tune was satisfactory and never dyno'd the car, lol.

pufferfish

Established Member
Dare I suggest that a more telling picture of bolt on numbers perhaps may be reflected at a real 1/4 mile? I only say this because comparing from dyno to dyno is always a crapshoot. I am impressed with some of these numbers though, I have to say!

Never dyno'd mine, only took it to the track. I am naive and trusted that my AED canned tune was satisfactory and never dyno'd the car, lol.

ET's are even worse to find true horsepower of a broad range of suspension setups, tires, gears, drivers, track conditions, climate conditions, etc, etc. at least with dynos the factors are more limited. I'd rather come to my own conclusions about relative power from which dyno and which day, than to have to figure out what that myriad of factors means!

darreng505

Established Member
ET's are even worse to find true horsepower of a broad range of suspension setups, tires, gears, drivers, track conditions, climate conditions, etc, etc. at least with dynos the factors are more limited. I'd rather come to my own conclusions about relative power from which dyno and which day, than to have to figure out what that myriad of factors means!

You forgot 'which way the wind is blowing' in your ET factors...:)

65sohc

Established Member

I agree. My car will never see a dragstrip. If my care puts down 20 more hp with a CAI and tune I feel like I have accomplished something. Ditto when I personally measure intake restriction of the factory CAI vs. Steeda.

stang8psi

Established Member
That's why instead of et you go by trap speeds.. only true way of measuring to verify what a dyno says.. this has been discussed so many times in the 2011-2014 section.. so for instance you have a 410-420 car it should trap in the 116-119 range a 420-430 in the 118-120-1 range 440-450 whp 122-125 and so forth.. so you guys claiming 460-475 whp I would hope to assume your trap speeds are in the 125-127 range...

pufferfish

Established Member
seriously, its like beating your head against the wall! how is this still a viable suggestion? all the factors I described above effect every aspect of a timeslip INCLUDING MPH!

dyno's are the closest thing to a controlled comparison as you can get without everyone in the world congregating at 1 dyno on the same day at the same time.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
That's why instead of et you go by trap speeds.. only true way of measuring to verify what a dyno says.. this has been discussed so many times in the 2011-2014 section.. so for instance you have a 410-420 car it should trap in the 116-119 range a 420-430 in the 118-120-1 range 440-450 whp 122-125 and so forth.. so you guys claiming 460-475 whp I would hope to assume your trap speeds are in the 125-127 range...

This...

How do people think that dyno's are more comparable then DA corrected trap speed? You can easily go to 5 dyno's and see a +/- 25 rwhp difference.

But even having a couple bad passes at the track you should be around 1-2 mph of what your car is making power wise.

Jabooh1

Established Member
What tires, suspension, and class of driver are used to obtain those trap speeds? Face it there is no certifiable way to compare unless it is on the same Dyno.

Mine stock 2013 Boss put down 392. Do I think it really did, no that seems a little high. However it is a benchmark that I will compare to when I make mods. I plan on returning to that Dyno because it is at my local track I race on.

darreng505

Established Member
This...

How do people think that dyno's are more comparable then DA corrected trap speed? You can easily go to 5 dyno's and see a +/- 25 rwhp difference.

But even having a couple bad passes at the track you should be around 1-2 mph of what your car is making power wise.

PFish is correct on this one guys. Think about it, trap speeds are dependent on many "variables" as he mentioned. Not the least of which is driver performance (e.g. a sloppy launch). The whole purpose of a dyno is its a controlled, repeatable "environment" unaffected by driver, weather, tires, traction, wind direction, etc.....

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
PFish is correct on this one guys. Think about it, trap speeds are dependent on many "variables" as he mentioned. Not the least of which is driver performance (e.g. a sloppy launch). The whole purpose of a dyno is its a controlled, repeatable "environment" unaffected by driver, weather, tires, traction, wind direction, etc.....

I completely disagree. Dyno's have a different set of variables. My trap speeda never change by much from bad runs to good runs. Only time they change is when you completely get out of a run.

Users who are viewing this thread