Bolt on Boss guys...post up your numbers!

ford20

Established Member
haha we will see. Ill admit Ill be disappointed if i dont pull off 124-125mph traps as it sits. I may be going to a max effort CJ setup after all and continuing to get this car crazy light. If i can hit 500whp NA STOCK motor...along with a 3250 race weight... I suspect Ill be in the 130mph club :). Im trying desperately to be different... unfortunately its costing me a lot of money haha. Ill likely be having AED tune the car at some point.
Haha, I'm trying to be different as well with mine and staying NA and committing sacrilege to many of the Boss guys considering what I would like to do with the car I have lol.
Im gonna try and make my pass as close to sea level as possible. Im not a fan of racing in mineshaft air and neither in the high elevation.
If you don't mind me asking why don't you like racing in mineshaft air?
full exhaust
air intake
ewp
drive train efficiency mods
Sorry, don't mean to keep picking on you but what size headers are you running? 460 is a pretty big number for the mods you have from what I have seen. EWP = Electric water pump? What sort of drivetrain efficiency mods? I can understand if you would rather not say as I know some guys are quite protective of their setups.

MPH is a good indication of power when you know the weight of the car. We are talking consistent race cars here. Not guys in street cars and street tires with wildly different 60' times, DA and so on. You can use a formula to figure out the mph in a 1/4 based on power and weight. But this is an ideal and perfect pass. So yes, MPH is an indication of power being used.

The dyno is a tool to measure power before and after changes under controlled and safe conditions. Dyno numbers don't mean squat. What matters is what you do with the power you make. Because after all, I have never seen a dyno pull up next to me at a stop light or starting line.

ET and being the first to the stripe is what I care about! Dyno numbers and MPH means noting when you can't get the car to ET or win races. I ran 11.44 with a stock GT drivetrain and minimal weight reduction. It was at 116 mph. If the car can run a ET like that I could care less that my MPH seems low. haha

I have to completely agree with this. Sorry for bringing up the topic again but I think the key part about this is if your car is consistent MPH can be a VERY good tool for measuring your HP.

HP = (MPH ÷ 234)³ × Weight
OR
MPH = 224(hp/weight)^1/3

Plus, it's cool if you have a 700HP dyno sheet but if you can't get your car to hook properly and run high 11's then you just spent a bunch of money on a car that just can't get out of it's own way. But then again there are those guys out there that also just want a high HP car to have fun around in and not worry about going fast.

EJR

Established Member
Haha, I'm trying to be different as well with mine and staying NA and committing sacrilege to many of the Boss guys considering what I would like to do with the car I have lol.

If you don't mind me asking why don't you like racing in mineshaft air?
Fake numbers in my eyes
Sorry, don't mean to keep picking on you but what size headers are you running? 460 is a pretty big number for the mods you have from what I have seen. EWP = Electric water pump? What sort of drivetrain efficiency mods? I can understand if you would rather not say as I know some guys are quite protective of their setups.

Electric water pump yes. Kooks 1 3/4 headers. Light weight clutch/flywheel/driveshaft. Gears are lightened and REM polished running shockproof lightweight gear oil. Ive gained 25-30whp with the drivetrain work without flowing a single more CFM through the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread