BMW 335i vs Mustang 5.0 GT

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
NA Cobra - Chill out dude. You must have some issues if you as a father, are coming in here to start a physical fight with someone you don't know. I don't care how tough you are or think you are. That is just stupid man. If you honestly can't take people firing back at you, then do us all a favor, and don't dish it out big guy. There is always someone tougher and crazier than you. Possibly not me( not going to explain further) but, I don't need to try and prove to everyone how tough I am and how small of a Dick I have by thinking posting my address will make me look cool. A guy in mid-life Crisis talking about having kids, and then acting like one = Priceless.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sorry for late response have been busy with work.

Not trying to start a war, I CLEARLY SAID THE 335i lost to the COBRA by 1-2 Cars at the top of fourth gear.

The Cobra Made 525hp to the wheels, but the 335i power of aprox. 430hp comes in alot earlier than the cobra. Alot of other factors can come into play and anything can happen on the streets. I will post more videos up of that race as soon as i get them from the driver cams.

The 335i runs mid 11's at traps of a little over 120mph.

Cars 60ft can be improved by .4 with slicks, but its hard to get something when the car has stupid big brakes from factory.

We have alot of love for ALL CARS. I simply posted a reply to someones question, wasnt trying to BS or start shit. I posted as much as i could about it, and if everyone here wants to dissect every little detail, so be it.

The car is a 2010 BMW 335i M-Sport Package
jb3 chip, intake, downpipe catless, mid pipe catless, axle back, hr lower springs, METH, Underdrive pulley.

jb3 chip allows for different Map settings aka different Tunes.

Red Cobra race was run on MAP 9 with METH.

Lets all relax and enjoy all Great Cars :beer:

Well, that makes it even worse. A well driven 525 RWHP is easily a bottom 11 second car, with traps of 125-126. Strong running BMW, however, put a better driver in the seat of the Cobra, and get it on vid. :beer:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
NA Cobra - Almost forget. If you really are going to try and prove your manhood in a random thread, and post your address, at least have the balls to post a real address.

3rd time's a charm to look like more of a moron baby cakes :p

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Guys- Dont get to caught up with HP/TQ and weight when it comes to German sports cars.

I will give you two examples why, not to long ago I posted a race I found off youtube between a 06 BMW M6, making 475rwhp and 3.91 rear gears through a 7spd SMG tranny. He was racing a bone stock c6Z06 which make around 450rwhp bone stock.

Been the vette weighs around 3200lbs and the M6 weighs close to 4000lbs you would have thought it would be a no brainer right, well lets say it was not pretty for the vette. It got walked badly by the BMW and that was do to the tranny gearing of the M6 and the ability to hook the car up. The M6 was in its element and shined.

Another example, a bone stock W211 E55 AMG with drag radials only, typically make around 415rwhp/460rwtq weighing in it 4000lbs racing a pullied 03 cobra from a dig. The cobra was making 460/470 I believe and was on drag radials too. He probably weighed around 3650lbs, well he got left behind badly on all the runs they did during the street runs. There are some guys on mbworld.org who are running 121mph @ 11.70 in bone stock trim with drags only in their e55's.

I am by no means a german car pusher, as a matter of fact I would sell my e55 any day of the week for the right cobra but when looking at their sports cars, their traction and handling is light years ahead of the mustangs. That is why they don't need as much power/tq to keep up with the cheaper american cars. You do have to pay more for it and it does cost alot more to fix when it breaks but that what makes them shine against the american muscle so be careful in getting caught up with HP/TQ when comparing apples to oranges.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Guys- Dont get to caught up with HP/TQ and weight when it comes to German sports cars.

I will give you two examples why, not to long ago I posted a race I found off youtube between a 06 BMW M6, making 475rwhp and 3.91 rear gears through a 7spd SMG tranny. He was racing a bone stock c6Z06 which make around 450rwhp bone stock.

Been the vette weighs around 3200lbs and the M6 weighs close to 4000lbs you would have thought it would be a no brainer right, well lets say it was not pretty for the vette. It got walked badly by the BMW and that was do to the tranny gearing of the M6 and the ability to hook the car up. The M6 was in its element and shined.

Another example, a bone stock W211 E55 AMG with drag radials only, typically make around 415rwhp/460rwtq weighing in it 4000lbs racing a pullied 03 cobra from a dig. The cobra was making 460/470 I believe and was on drag radials too. He probably weighed around 3650lbs, well he got left behind badly on all the runs they did during the street runs. There are some guys on mbworld.org who are running 121mph @ 11.70 in bone stock trim with drags only in their e55's.

I am by no means a german car pusher, as a matter of fact I would sell my e55 any day of the week for the right cobra but when looking at their sports cars, their traction and handling is light years ahead of the mustangs. That is why they don't need as much power/tq to keep up with the cheaper american cars. You do have to pay more for it and it does cost alot more to fix when it breaks but that what makes them shine against the american muscle so be careful in getting caught up with HP/TQ when comparing apples to oranges.

Let me ask you this.

Why is the best a Stock M6 has done in the 1/4 mile is mid 12's @ 115-116, yet, C6Z's have run bottom 11's @ 130?

Just because one race happened between two cars, doesn't mean the outcome will be the same. Just playing Devil's Advocate if you will.

Last edited:

jgheels2003

Established Member
Sorry for late response have been busy with work.

Not trying to start a war, I CLEARLY SAID THE 335i lost to the COBRA by 1-2 Cars at the top of fourth gear.

The Cobra Made 525hp to the wheels, but the 335i power of aprox. 430hp comes in alot earlier than the cobra. Alot of other factors can come into play and anything can happen on the streets. I will post more videos up of that race as soon as i get them from the driver cams.

The 335i runs mid 11's at traps of a little over 120mph.

Cars 60ft can be improved by .4 with slicks, but its hard to get something when the car has stupid big brakes from factory.

We have alot of love for ALL CARS. I simply posted a reply to someones question, wasnt trying to BS or start shit. I posted as much as i could about it, and if everyone here wants to dissect every little detail, so be it.

The car is a 2010 BMW 335i M-Sport Package
jb3 chip, intake, downpipe catless, mid pipe catless, axle back, hr lower springs, METH, Underdrive pulley.

jb3 chip allows for different Map settings aka different Tunes.

Red Cobra race was run on MAP 9 with METH.

Lets all relax and enjoy all Great Cars :beer:

You may not have tried to start any BS, but did you actually read what you wrote?

Your reply contained a comparison of a car making almost 30whp more than the one in question vs. a GT....then followed it up later with that idiotic comment about Euro cars doing a better job making more whp than American cars based on two cars rarely cross-shopped and totally different platforms. Top if off coming across like a know-it-all.

No one has to dissect anything in that, its ALL crap.

jgheels2003

Established Member

I did 3 races against a bone stock 2003 E55 AMG (very nice car btw) with my Cobra when it had a 2.93 upper, no port at the time, and making 459whp. All races were from a dig and I put 3-4 cars on the Benz each time well into 4th gear. Street tires on the '04 Cobra, street tires on the Benz who also had a better launch all 3 times.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member

BMW M6 has a c/d of .32 as compared to the C6Zs .34 cd. The C6Z is going to use more of it's power to cut through the air at speeds over 120mph than the M6. 25+ more rwhp, better aerodynamics, 3.91 gearing and 2 extra pulling gears is a HUGE advantage at speeds over 120mph over a C6Z.

I don't remember seeing them going from a dig, which is where power:weight matters the most and the C6Z was definitely at an advantage. The M6 is in its element at 140+ mph.

7spd with a 3.62 rear gear ratio, just check out the tranny gearing, This thing is a highway MONSTER:

1st - 3.99
2nd - 2.65
3rd - 1.81
4th - 1.39
5th - 1.16
6th - 1.00
7th - .83
Final drive - 3.62

I sure wish my Z had this gearing.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I beat a 335i with intake/tune/exhaust from a 40 roll when I just had an axleback. I put about 2 cars on it from 40-130. Those cars are nice, but I doubt they can match a pullied/ported/tuned/exhaust cobra. I'd love to run one and tape it when I'm just full exhaust and stock blower at the end of October ;) for comparison to a 500 or so rwhp 4000lbs car vs. this obvious factory freak Beamer.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Let me ask you this.

Why is the best a Stock M6 has done in the 1/4 mile is mid 12's @ 115-116, yet, C6Z's have run bottom 11's @ 130?

Just because one race happened between two cars, doesn't mean the outcome will be the same. Just playing Devil's Advocate if you will.

HUGE power:weight advantage for the C6Z

3100lbs/450rwhp = 6.88 for the Z
3800lbs/440rwhp = 8.63 for the M6
3800lbs/475rwhp (fullbolt-on M6) = 8.0 for the M6

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
fellas, lets ignore physics.

power to weight. .02 CD aero. tires.

anything german is faster whether it has a power to weight advantage or not.

the bimmer could weigh 8000lbs and give up 50rwhp. its 7 speed makes up for it.

the german can never lose. asswipes.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
You may not have tried to start any BS, but did you actually read what you wrote?

Your reply contained a comparison of a car making almost 30whp more than the one in question vs. a GT....then followed it up later with that idiotic comment about Euro cars doing a better job making more whp than American cars based on two cars rarely cross-shopped and totally different platforms. Top if off coming across like a know-it-all.

No one has to dissect anything in that, its ALL crap.

U mad?

:poke:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
fellas, lets ignore physics.

power to weight. .02 CD aero. tires.

anything german is faster whether it has a power to weight advantage or not.

the bimmer could weigh 8000lbs and give up 50rwhp. its 7 speed makes up for it.

the german can never lose. asswipes.

A fullbolt on M6 would get drug all up and down the autobahn by a fullbolt-on, cam only or heads/cam C6Z.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I beat a 335i with intake/tune/exhaust from a 40 roll when I just had an axleback. I put about 2 cars on it from 40-130. Those cars are nice, but I doubt they can match a pullied/ported/tuned/exhaust cobra. I'd love to run one and tape it when I'm just full exhaust and stock blower at the end of October ;) for comparison to a 500 or so rwhp 4000lbs car vs. this obvious factory freak Beamer.

That is by far the meanest looking GT500 I've ever seen in you sig. If I went the '11 GT500 route, that's the color combo I'd go with also. :rockon:

25psi

Established Member
A fullbolt on M6 would get drug all up and down the autobahn by a fullbolt-on, cam only or heads/cam C6Z.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWm0rVVJys"]YouTube - Modified 2006 BMW M6 vs Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6 Drag Race[/nomedia]

Corvettes are not top end cars, due to there 1:1 in 4th gear.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
YouTube - Modified 2006 BMW M6 vs Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6 Drag Race

Are you smoking crack? Vettes are known for their top end speed....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovZWaOYMBkE"]YouTube - m6board.com presents: BMW M6 vs Chevrolet Corvette Z06[/nomedia]

^^^ Stock 2006 M6 vs. Stock 2006 Z06....Z06 clearly has top end advantage over the M6, but hey I drive a mustang so what do I know..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0i04HegA8&feature=channel"]YouTube - m6board.com/gtboard.com:#5 Corvette Z06 vs Kelleners BMW M6[/nomedia]

^^^ I'd say equally modded M6 vs. equally modded Z06....Z06 still wins...again vette is the superior ca performance wise.

Want speed and luxury? Get a Cadillac CTS-V Coupe & skulldrag M series Beamers and AMG series Mercs on the daily....and save some money while doing it...Domestics FTW!!!

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Also since he wanted to post up a stock Z06 vs. a modded M6 keep things fair at least...

Modded Z06 vs. Stock M6....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWZygfP1m8&feature=related"]YouTube - M6 vs. Z06 (625 hp)[/nomedia]

^^^ Yeah...GTFO with vettes not being known for top end.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
YouTube - Modified 2006 BMW M6 vs Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6 Drag Race

You're clueless! :lol::lol::lol:

One thing I know for sure is that above 160mph, a fullbolt-on 475rwhp BMW M6 won't pull away from stock Ford GT. And guess what, a Ford GT's 4th gear ratio is .94:1. A Ford GT is a top end MONSTER.

1st - 2.61
2nd - 1.71
3rd - 1.23
4th - .94
5th - .77
6th - .63
Final drive - 3.36

Your theory of a 1:1 4th would make a C6 ZR1 weaksauce too right, NOT!

1st -2.29:1
2nd -1.61:1
3rd - 1.21:1
4th - 1:1
5th - 0.81:1
6th -0.67:1
Final Drive 3.42:1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread