BMR, UPR, Team Z

redline5.0

Established Member
Is there really that big of a difference between BMR, UPR, Team Z? I'm trying to decide what setup I want to go with. I will be doing upper and lower control arms for sure and then some springs with shocks/struts. Is there a big difference between upr's drag springs and bmr's? Any pro's or con's with any of the mentioned companies? Thanks!

Last edited:

phfelts

Established Member
I can only speak for BMR, but I love their products so far, and they have great customer service. BMR is also very active on this forum, which is nice. When I got my control arms, I think Whiteline and UPR were having more quality issues, at least Whiteline was. Companies should have had plenty of time to work out their bugs by this point, so they're all probably a pretty safe bet for the average consumer.

BMR Tech

The primary difference is that we tend to cater to our customers more, when talking about the average consumer that drives their car on the street and strip.

I can confidently claim that we have been much more innovative than any other company for the S197 Platform, including the other companies mentioned in the title who have used our designs and ideas for their own products. I am not bashing them, because I do not blame them for taking after our designs.

The best way to make up your mind is to gather the info you need from research, and contact each company and compare their recommendations and pricing (if that is a concern)

We get alot of sales based on our knowledge, quality, experience and due to the fact that we are very active in the community (always here for ya, on a personalized level)

Happy Modding!

Holovacko

Established Member
All 3 put out good products. BMR and UPR are similar, but BMR does offer a lot of assistance, helping everyone get their suspensions set-up properly. You can post and pm BMR here and they walk you through whatever you need. Team Z seems more Hardcore for track cars, while BMR and UPR have some street options, but they all work.

redline5.0

Established Member
I think I'm going to go with BMR because I want their drag springs anyways so I might as well try and get a package deal out of it with springs, uppers and lowers, and some struts/shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread