blown head gasket

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
my cobra has blown head gasket...is the felpro set good? im planing on a tune, and a pully swap in the future. i dont want to spend too much on gaskets if not needed. getting the work done is costly enough. also how about a plug suggestion? curently stock pulley, no tune.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Any details on what happened? It all depends on what your budget is, goals, and what power level you want.

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
Any details on what happened? It all depends on what your budget is, goals, and what power level you want.

Budget is not high but not the cheapest either. As tar as power goals, I need to spank a 01 z28 with tune 4.11s, long tubes and a kid that can drive the $hit out of it.

TRBO VNM

All I will say is, do it right the first time or you will be doing it again. If it takes longer to get done so you can save some more money, then so be it. People get these cars or other cars and mod them or things happen and then they want to try and repair it the cheapest they can. If the cheapest isn't the correct way, then it isn't worth it.

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
No doubt on the do it right part. I just want solid answer on the parts. Just looking for some one with a definate answer. Not someone who has replaced one head gasket in their garage and it worked. I need an answer from an engine builder who has built many cobra engines. I have built several small block chevys and used felpros with no prob. I only want to do this once. I also know that the most expensive is not always best.

TRBO VNM

No doubt on the do it right part. I just want solid answer on the parts. Just looking for some one with a definate answer. Not someone who has replaced one head gasket in their garage and it worked. I need an answer from an engine builder who has built many cobra engines. I have built several small block chevys and used felpros with no prob. I only want to do this once. I also know that the most expensive is not always best.

Well, most people here have not done that. So call an engine builder then.

But, you have received correct information with the mls gasket and head studs.

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
got with tousley ford going to with oem. its not that much more for the ford parts..calling steve tomorrow. got to get this beast back on the road, worry about mods later..

Users who are viewing this thread