Blind Auto mechanic Bart Hickey. Amazing

links432

Established Member
That is amazing! I have actually driven past that place before and never would have thought anything of it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is incredible and inspirational. That takes a lot of perseverance and I give him a ton of credit. He does more with a major handicap than many who have none.

moot09

Established Member
Saw this a few months ago. Very inspiring. Goes to show how much he loves turning wrenches!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
They should have this video playing in the welfare line, b/c if this guy can run a successful business, a lot of people who are living off the system simply because they're too lazy or ignorant to hold a steady job should be ashamed of themselves.

links432

Established Member
Haha you serious? You should take a look inside, inspirational person.

If you look at this address on google maps and use the street view:
11551 South Ridgeland Avenue, Alsip, Illinois, United States

Then move north right before the highway you can see the shop.

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Makes me feel small, and certainly puts many of my so called "problems" into perspective. God sent, and very inspirational. Makes me want to work harder at being a better person. Thank you for posting.

camaross0002

Established Member
I've been there many times myself he is a good mechanic. He used to work on my old 86 cutlass and 95 camaro. It is how do you say it amazing at what he does being blind but down to earth person and not a con artist when it comes to his work and cost.

Oh and it shocked the shit out of me when I got my car back from having the brakes done and finding out he was blind the first time.

Red10thcv

Established Member
:rockon:Thanks for the post/video. Really NEAT story about a blind:coolman:mechanic.:burnout:
:beer:Have to disagree about his beer. :poke:Only joking.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread