Blade Runner 2049

oldmachguy

Established Member
Never heard of it....Worth watching yeah?

Since it was made in 1982, you have to go into it ready to give the antiquated effects, and some "corny" dialogue, a pass. But it's a fantastic dystopian flick. IIRC, it's based on a Philip K. Dick short story called "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." And you don't have to be a Ridley Scott groupie to like it. But, like all of Ridley's stuff, a first viewing is just that, a first viewing; you will get much more out of it with subsequent viewings.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For those that haven't watched it I would recommend the Final Cut version. There were 7 different versions of the film. I've watch 3 of the 7 with Final Cut being the fav. The version with Harrison's voice over was informative but distracting to the movie. But after watching the voice over version the Final Cut was better because you had a better feel for what he was thinking.

Zemedici

Established Member
Since it was made in 1982, you have to go into it ready to give the antiquated effects, and some "corny" dialogue, a pass. But it's a fantastic dystopian flick. IIRC, it's based on a Philip K. Dick short story called "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." And you don't have to be a Ridley Scott groupie to like it. But, like all of Ridley's stuff, a first viewing is just that, a first viewing; you will get much more out of it with subsequent viewings.

Thank you - i'll check it out this weekend!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I need to watch the first one.
You definitely should, Travis. Great action movie. It would be good to watch the first one first. This one looks good, too. Harrison Ford is one of my favorite actors.

Users who are viewing this thread