Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
POINT 2

Okay, I don't want this to sound like whining or anything, but I'm curious on your guys opinion.

Have you guys ever felt a car show was rigged or set up or unfair?

The reason I ask is this car show was judged by the participants only (I have no problem with that, although the majority of participants are in the EPCC). That means when you registered you picked a category you wanted to be judged in. I picked Muscle car for the 65 and my Dad picked Classic for the Thunderbird. There were other classes such as Street Rod, Import, Low Rider, Exotic, Utility, 2 seater Sports Car, etc.

So, after you register for the show they gave you a placard with your category and vehicle number (My 65 was M-3 and the Thunderbird was C-5). My powder coater entered in Street Rod and was SR-2.

Then they gave you (registered participant) a 3 x 5 card with all categories listed and said to pick you favorite car in each category and then pick your best of show by listing category and vehicle number. Okay easy enough.

So, at the end of the show they announce the winners. Now during the show the EPCC spokes person kept saying that although this was sponsored by the EPCC all "car clubs" need to support each other. They had members of other "car clubs" go up to the mic and talk about their club.

They hand out the awards and this car is "selected" as best Classic
20231104_100407_resized.jpg

Really??? A pink 4 door 56 Chevy is the best classic at this show?

That car is better than the 57?
20231104_100239_resized.jpg

That 56 is better than this 57 Chevy?
20231104_100859_resized.jpg

There were definitely some other classics that I thought were better than that pink 4 door.

Then they call out best Muscle car. Now keep in mind there were only 3 cars in the Muscle car class. My 65, and 2 newer style Dodge Challengers. One was like a 2015 392 Hemi and the other was like a 2017 scat pack (had the bumble bee on the fender). They weren't even Hellcats. They were not interesting to me, so I didn't even take pictures.

So, they call best Muscle car and the 392 Hemi wins.

Then they call best Street Rod and this car wins over my powder coaters 32 Deuce:
20231104_100613_resized.jpg

Really, since when is a Chevelle a street rod? BTW, remember me talking about the supporting clubs comment? This Chevelle belongs to "The 200 MPH" club.

Oh that green Dodge behind the Chevelle is the Scat Pack I mentioned earlier and he is also part of "The 200MPH" club.

So, the end comes and they get ready to announce the Best of Show. They announce it's a muscle car. Well, that leaves me and the green Dodge with all those honeycomb stickers all over it.

I'll give you one guess on who won???? And your first clue is it wasn't me LMAO!!!!!

So, I'm assuming all the EPCC members voted for their buddies in the 200 MPH club and they voted for the lady who owns Lucille (the pink 4 door 56).

What a bunch of BS LOL.

Oh well, I got to take the 65 out and hang out with my Dad for a few hours. So, it wasn't a waste of time. I just hate that car shows like this impose the buddy buddy system to hand out awards. Well, that's my take anyway as the cars that won shouldn't have (in my opinion) as there were better cars at the show, but they weren't part of the EPCC's friends or crew...........

BTW, ZERO Fords won......GTFO.... LMAO!!!!

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Was the name of the car club called "200mph Car Club"?
'Cuz the only other way either of those cars could be considered would be, was if they were pushed out of an airplane.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Was the name of the car club called "200mph Car Club"?
'Cuz the only other way either of those cars could be considered would be, was if they were pushed out of an airplane.

Yes Kazman. It is called "The 200MPH" car club. They have a sticker that runs top to bottom on the driver's side windshield (along the A pillar).

I agree with you on that LOL.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Damn Glen, I don’t hear about any of these! You’d think we’d hear about the fallen LE one at least.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

What's up Jason!?!? Yeah, I don't have Facebook, but I do a Google search. There's a FB page called El Paso car shows or events that pops up on Google searches and it has stuff listed. That's how I found out about these.

I'm just going to tell myself that I'm going to hang out with my Dad and other car folks and have fun when I attend these from now on. I had a ton of folks asking me about the 65 and 57. That was cool. Awards be damned LOL.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
POINT 2

Okay, I don't want this to sound like whining or anything, but I'm curious on your guys opinion.

Have you guys ever felt a car show was rigged or set up or unfair?

The reason I ask is this car show was judged by the participants only (I have no problem with that, although the majority of participants are in the EPCC). That means when you registered you picked a category you wanted to be judged in. I picked Muscle car for the 65 and my Dad picked Classic for the Thunderbird. There were other classes such as Street Rod, Import, Low Rider, Exotic, Utility, 2 seater Sports Car, etc.

So, after you register for the show they gave you a placard with your category and vehicle number (My 65 was M-3 and the Thunderbird was C-5). My powder coater entered in Street Rod and was SR-2.

Then they gave you (registered participant) a 3 x 5 card with all categories listed and said to pick you favorite car in each category and then pick your best of show by listing category and vehicle number. Okay easy enough.

So, at the end of the show they announce the winners. Now during the show the EPCC spokes person kept saying that although this was sponsored by the EPCC all "car clubs" need to support each other. They had members of other "car clubs" go up to the mic and talk about their club.

They hand out the awards and this car is "selected" as best Classic
View attachment 1816016

Really??? A pink 4 door 56 Chevy is the best classic at this show?

That car is better than the 57?
View attachment 1816017

That 56 is better than this 57 Chevy?
View attachment 1816018

There were definitely some other classics that I thought were better than that pink 4 door.

Then they call out best Muscle car. Now keep in mind there were only 3 cars in the Muscle car class. My 65, and 2 newer style Dodge Challengers. One was like a 2015 392 Hemi and the other was like a 2017 scat pack (had the bumble bee on the fender). They weren't even Hellcats. They were not interesting to me, so I didn't even take pictures.

So, they call best Muscle car and the 392 Hemi wins.

Then they call best Street Rod and this car wins over my powder coaters 32 Deuce:
View attachment 1816019

Really, since when is a Chevelle a street rod? BTW, remember me talking about the supporting clubs comment? This Chevelle belongs to "The 200 MPH" club.

Oh that green Dodge behind the Chevelle is the Scat Pack I mentioned earlier and he is also part of "The 200MPH" club.

So, the end comes and they get ready to announce the Best of Show. They announce it's a muscle car. Well, that leaves me and the green Dodge with all those honeycomb stickers all over it.

I'll give you one guess on who won???? And your first clue is it wasn't me LMAO!!!!!

So, I'm assuming all the EPCC members voted for their buddies in the 200 MPH club and they voted for the lady who owns Lucille (the pink 4 door 56).

What a bunch of BS LOL.

Oh well, I got to take the 65 out and hang out with my Dad for a few hours. So, it wasn't a waste of time. I just hate that car shows like this impose the buddy buddy system to hand out awards. Well, that's my take anyway as the cars that won shouldn't have (in my opinion) as there were better cars at the show, but they weren't part of the EPCC's friends or crew...........

BTW, ZERO Fords won......GTFO.... LMAO!!!!

What in the world are the hexagon thingies?

IMG_0455.jpeg

The buddy trophy crap goes on all the time up here too.
I just go for the cars, camaraderie, and to see fellow petrolheads.

Ya, and lol at them calling that Chevelle a "Street Rod".
Here's how Motor Trend defines a Street Rod. But hey, what do they know - lol.

1699302030308.jpeg

Source:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
What in the world are the hexagon thingies?

View attachment 1816031

The buddy trophy crap goes on all the time up here too.
I just go for the cars, camaraderie, and to see fellow petrolheads.

Ya, and lol at them calling that Chevelle a "Street Rod".

Thanks Lambeau. I appreciate you letting me know you have experienced it as well.

Yeah, when it comes to that Chevelle my personal opinion is the owner picked Street Rod so his Green Challenger buddy could pick Muscle car.

dodge people doing dodge things... its a rumble bee so gotta be honeycomb

Yes, that's exactly right DSG. Dude put honeycomb designs all over his car to represent the bee hive. I understand the idea, but don't like the execution.

ToddW702

Established Member
Sounds like a bunch of BS buddy politics at play. It’s almost rare to see something fair and balanced these days. You get my vote.
That green challenger is super custom with the stickers on it. I mean he probably spent a whole day figuring out where to put those really awesome stickers lol. I surprised bees weren’t flocking to it thinking it was home. Booooo

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
What's up Jason!?!? Yeah, I don't have Facebook, but I do a Google search. There's a FB page called El Paso car shows or events that pops up on Google searches and it has stuff listed. That's how I found out about these.

I'm just going to tell myself that I'm going to hang out with my Dad and other car folks and have fun when I attend these from now on. I had a ton of folks asking me about the 65 and 57. That was cool. Awards be damned LOL.

Ya man looks like it was friends voting for each other.

The green stickered hemi is stupid looking!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL, thanks everyone. I was wondering if I was over thinking it. Appreciate the validation on me thinking it was buddy buddy voting.

I went to the EPCC FB page last night and found photos from the show.

Here they are:

1956 Chevy. Pink 4 door wining Best Classic. And her hood was never open during the show. LMAO!!!
20231106_190509.jpg

2015 Dodge Challenger. Basic looking with a shaker and some flashing lights in the grill and at the firewall wining Best Muscle car. Well, he did have a cool stripe over the trunk :p. Jesus Christ!!!
20231106_190455.jpg

And the pièce de résistance a 2017 Dodge Challenger. Lime green with honeycomb stickers all over it with green spike lug nuts wining Best Of Show. GTFO....... BTW, see his shirt? 200 MPH Club. LOL. Also the placard he's holding, he lists his car as an SRT Scat Pack Stage 3. Whatever the "F" that means.
20231106_190432.jpg

You see the placards for the Dodges? M-1 and M-2? I was M-3 and that was it for the Muscle car class.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I started the 65 and 57 this weekend. Just to circulate the oil, warm them up and get the fuel moving.

I was sitting in the 65 and messing with the trip meter. Was going to reset it. Guess I didn't hold the button long enough and another screen popped up.

Hmm, I guess this is the fastest the car has been driven in Mexico as it has never been to the track. LMAO!!!!
20240120_135734_resized.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I started the 65 and 57 this weekend. Just to circulate the oil, warm them up and get the fuel moving.

I was sitting in the 65 and messing with the trip meter. Was going to reset it. Guess I didn't hold the button long enough and another screen popped up.

Hmm, I guess this is the fastest the car has been driven in Mexico as it has never been to the track. LMAO!!!!
View attachment 1825875
200.gif

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
View attachment 1825875
ROFLMAO Bob!!! I definitely know that with this bunch, but so far I have maybe driven (in Mexico) in QTR mile spurts with the hammer on. I have not tried anything further than that as I'm still getting acquainted with the car.

When I was looking at the odometer/trip meter in the 65 yesterday I think the odometer read something like 324 miles so far. She's not even broken in yet brother....

By the way, loved the post. I literally busted up on that one....

01yellercobra

Established Member
View attachment 1825875

ROFLMAO Bob!!! I definitely know that with this bunch, but so far I have maybe driven (in Mexico) in QTR mile spurts with the hammer on. I have not tried anything further than that as I'm still getting acquainted with the car.

When I was looking at the odometer/trip meter in the 65 yesterday I think the odometer read something like 324 miles so far. She's not even broken in yet brother....

By the way, loved the post. I literally busted up on that one....
We all drive a little fast around here. I think I touched 110 getting on the freeway last week on the way to work. But then I'm still enjoying the fact that it doesn't walk around at WOT anymore.

Glad I could brighten your Monday.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

As most of you know my 65 was featured on the YouTube Channel AutotopiaLA in October of 2022. In the video I present the host (Shawn) with a custom 04 CO Terminator Cobra with AutotopiaLA graphics. At the time he said he would find a place for it in his lounge area.

I have not been back there and Shawn has never sent me pictures or an email letting me know he did, in deed, set it up in his lounge. Well, I'm watching a live stream he was doing last night and what do I see in the background??? Pretty cool.

Screenshot_20240129-193541_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240129-195524_YouTube.jpg

I think it's pretty cool that these guys actually have my custom diecast creations on display in their shops.

1. Dave Kindig (Bitchin Rides)
Glenn and Dave.jpg

2. Joe Martin (Iron Resurrection)
Glenn and Joe.jpg

3. Shawn Davis (AutotopiaLA)
AutotopiaLA Shawn.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread