Black farmer's to recieve $1.2 billion

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Anything that distinguishes based on race is racist in my honest opinion. I don't even care if you call the ambulance "amberlamps", the point is if you need something it shouldn't matter what color your skin is.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I love how anything that helps ONLY white people is racist. But any benefit thats pointed at any other specific race is considered justified and righteous...

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
i find it hard to believe there are 80,000.......maybe some grow little gardens and they consider them farms

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
i find it hard to believe there are 80,000.......maybe some grow little gardens and they consider them farms

USDA defines a farm as any operation that sells at least one thousand dollars of agricultural commodities or that would have sold that amount of produce under normal circumstances.

$1,000 of ag commodities is nothing.

There are still many black farmers in the south, and those same farmers have historically been shafted by USDA policies causing them to lose their farms. If the same policies had been prejudicial to white farmers, they they should receive the same payments, but white farmers typically had no problems with their loans being processed quickly.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
USDA defines a farm as any operation that sells at least one thousand dollars of agricultural commodities or that would have sold that amount of produce under normal circumstances.

There are still many black farmers in the south, and those same farmers have historically been shafted by USDA policies causing them to lose their farms. If the same policies had been prejudicial to white farmers, they they should receive the same payments, but white farmers typically had no problems with their loans being processed quickly.

you know what's amazing... the MOST racist people that I've ran across in my 18+ years in the Navy are......... BLACK!!!!

nuff said...

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member

The USDA shafts more farmers than most people know about. I'm in IT for the USDA and the stories i hear are just ridiculous, mostly caused by paperwork errors. If they don't cross their t's and dot their i's on every form, say for a hundred thousand dollar loan, the gov has every right to take it ALL back....with interest. A lot of the times the farmers are these 70 year old guys that don't know how to use computers and aren't very educated with paperwork so they don't even know better and I feel bad for them. The USDA is supposed to help support the farmers when in a lot of cases it screws them into bankruptcy. I've seen 1000+ acre farms get lost and its a damn shame.

03_StangGuy

Established Member
When can I get compensated for all the time Ive lost reading all these claims about racism and how we owe blacks money for this an that?? Life isnt fair and never will be. Move on get over it.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Hopefully they'll use the money to open up a school so R1der can "recieve" some 3rd grade spelling and grammar "lesson's."

txyaloo

Established Member
When can I get compensated for all the time Ive lost reading all these claims about racism and how we owe blacks money for this an that?? Life isnt fair and never will be. Move on get over it.

Don't read the threads then. You've obviously not in agriculture and have no idea how ****ed up the system is and has been. These people shouldn't have lost their farms because they are black and their loans weren't processed promptly.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Maybe they're talking about Detroit, where all the empty lots that used to be factories are now being turned into little farm plots. People have no jobs, but now they can get welfare checks and grow their own food....

detroit-urban-farming.jpg

» The rise of urban farms in Detroit » Absolute Michigan

mustangbee

Established Member
you know what's amazing... the MOST racist people that I've ran across in my 18+ years in the Navy are......... BLACK!!!!

nuff said...

i dont know you, but i remember those days, and i agree...alot of cool black dudes, but a whole lot more of the other kind..

you let a white person act like that now and its a different story. I guess its payback. I promised to never let a black person bait me into a racial debate, those certain ones are always looking for an angle to exploit people based on racism. Whats even crazier, is other blacks i've seen observing those obvious encounters-DON'T SAY ANYTHING...even if they don't agree.. its like their afraid to stand up to their own kind and look less "black" or be called uncle tom

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Omg grammar police lol I'm on my Blackberry i don't really care about my grammar

LOL yea, blame it on your blackberry that you put an apostrophe in every word that ends with an S in all your posts, and don't include them where they're necessary. Did you make your sig while on your blackberry as well? It's the blackberry's fault that you type like an 8 year old in every post you've made. :lol::lol::lol: You 98 cobra owners are really somethin.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Hope and Change! I bet that number is just as inflated as the number or living registered voter cards filled out by ACORN. Help all farmers, not just black ones.

Users who are viewing this thread