Black/Black Chrome/Chrome Comp Orange Rims

flattrack53

Established Member
I like Nates C.O. cobra. I feel like black wheels can only be pulled off with CCW classics. If you go with an all black wheel, your car will look like Halloween.

Dragu1a

Established Member
i'm in the same boat as the OP. i've been leaning towards the black chrome FR500's...but am a little weary on the finish. has anyone had problems with it? chipping/flaking/pitting? i have the chome 17x10.5's with 315s on the back now, but want something to draw a little more attention.

Last edited:

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
OP...I think your car looks great as is. I'd use the money for something else... MM FL SFC's, or anything else that'll help the car perform better. Not sure what your current mods are

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Why does it feel like I'm the only Comp Orange guy with the Cobras still on the car?

Not the best pic, but yeah ( yeah, I know it needs to be lowered, but I drive over 4 huge speedbumps just going down the road to my house so no thanks)

IMAG0033.jpg

Last edited:

speedbunch

Established Member
nice pics guys! I want to do some diffrent wheels on my comp orange 93 cobra but finding something I like is killin me.
my crap photoshop
IMAG0658.gif

tsw nurinburgs
june2011104.jpg

my 03 cobras I wish they fit better they just stick out to far on the front for my liking.

93 whitepony

Established Member
There was a guy staying at my hotel at Mustang Week 2010 with an orange cobra and he had black chrome fr500's and it was bad ass.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I tried the black chrome and black when I had my CO Vert and liked the chrome look the best out of all.

CHROME:
DSC00300.jpg

BLACK CHROME FR500:

PICT1353.jpg

Kartracer

Established Member
After all of these pics I would go 18 inch Chrome 03 Cobra's, or Saleens in either black or chrome. I think the one pic with the black Saleens looked the best.

Sapperstang

Established Member
For the love of god stay away from the black wheels. They just look like you have dirty wheels.

bbk03gt24

Established Member
Whatever you get, do NOT get chrome. Chrome on bright colors looks like ass. CO needs some contrast. I'd do black or black chrome, you decide what style wheels.

i agree 100%... go with black or black chrome. IMO, if you are having trouble deciding between black and chrome, you should prob go w/ black chrome. Then, in a way, you get the best of both worlds.

either way though, on comp orange, i would most def go w/ black or black chrome. chrome might not "look like ass" on bright colors as DSG said, but it undoubtedly doesn't look as good as black, etc.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Black saleens and chrome Saleens look good.

Users who are viewing this thread