BITCOIN

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
For any of you guys trading through Coinbase, it turns out what is in your account belongs to Coinbase, not you. Do some research on MF Global if you are wondering what the implications are when things go bad.........

FSiLYAOUcAAwjb-

1slo5ohh

Established Member
For any of you guys trading through Coinbase, it turns out what is in your account belongs to Coinbase, not you. Do some research on MF Global if you are wondering what the implications are when things go bad.........

FSiLYAOUcAAwjb-
Except you can transfer everything you buy on Coinbase to a personal wallet and it's no longer in danger of being lost if they claim bankruptcy

q6543

Established Member
When I transfer off coinbase there is like a 7 or 8 day hold.

They're a good exchange, and trying to protect against fraud... but it is defeating the purpose and use of blockchain.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
When I transfer off coinbase there is like a 7 or 8 day hold.

They're a good exchange, and trying to protect against fraud... but it is defeating the purpose and use of blockchain.

That should only be if you are transferring assets that you bought before your funds clear. I transfer my ADA to a Yoroi wallet and it takes maybe 3 minutes.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I still don’t understand people saying “ it’s not real money “

I bought Doge low at .04 ( I’m sure you guys remember being Mr Doge on here )

And it exploded to .71

That’s real money….

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have turned $500 into a few thousand in crypto and I agree 100% with Klaus. It is not money until it is back in to your bank account. While it is “invested” in whatever “coin” it is pure speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

And it exploded to .71

That’s real money….
Did you pull out the at the .71? If not then its not real money. Means you are physically still out money you invested.

MG0h3

Established Member

And it exploded to .71

That’s real money….

Well ya if you sold it for a profit, you made real money.

Just like a stock.

I don’t know a single person who has used any crypto as money and I don’t have the first clue how I would.

Why would I when I can use a simple, stable currency like the dollar?

How many different cryptos are there anyways?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

C2tuck

Established Member
Well ya if you sold it for a profit, you made real money.

Just like a stock.

I don’t know a single person who has used any crypto as money and I don’t have the first clue how I would.

Why would I when I can use a simple, stable currency like the dollar?

How many different cryptos are there anyways?

I also don’t know a single person that has bought a Big Mac with a portion of their S&P 500 either…kinda the same thing. Yes the companies are real, but the loss/gain is still speculation.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i have always rooted for this shit to become a real sustainable option in the future, especially with everything that’s gone on lately…but it was everything that’s gone on lately that caused me to get out.

1) The truckers
2) cutting off russia
3) LUNA attack
4) 80% of it is now owned by institutions

to me, the government now has a good bit of control of it, and we know how that ends.

that said, i hope I’m wrong and use it to order me a triple cheeseburger and large fry at McDonald’s one day.

I also wish you guys the best going forward, hope it rips back up just as fast as it went down

q6543

Established Member
1st it was digital money, then it was the new gold, then we have the inflation hedge.

It is a digital reserve asset now.

It's simply the world's 1st transparent, honest method of account worldwide.

I can see EVERYTHING in your books, you can see in mine, and anyone anywhere in the world can verify all of it from the moment in time it happened, forever.

You definitely don't use that to get a coffee though...agreed.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Coinbase is perhaps the most used by beginners as some keep their crypto with coinbase.

You click "pay" and then "receive" or "send." Next screen you type an amount, like $25. Next screen you can pick a contact from your phone, or email, or address, which give you the option to click a QR code icon and then it opens your camera. Now if I were at lunch with you, on my end I would click receive which pulls up a QR code on my phone. You would scan that, and done deal, I get $25 in BTC from you.

MG0h3

Established Member
Coinbase is perhaps the most used by beginners as some keep their crypto with coinbase.

You click "pay" and then "receive" or "send." Next screen you type an amount, like $25. Next screen you can pick a contact from your phone, or email, or address, which give you the option to click a QR code icon and then it opens your camera. Now if I were at lunch with you, on my end I would click receive which pulls up a QR code on my phone. You would scan that, and done deal, I get $25 in BTC from you.

Lmao are you serious!?

Not only did you type a whole paragraph to explain how to use it, there’s how many steps!?

Give me a break.

At this point it’s a pipe dream.

It’s no different than PayPal or any other app based payment method.

I rarely use cash but for **** sakes I’ve booked like 5 flights this year on points. Too easy. Zero steps.

Please tell me the benefit of your “money” that you don’t know how much is worth from one minute to the next.

Right now there is NO benefit other than you made money trading it. Maybe….considering it’s down 50%.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I placed a $700 wager on UST. I will gamble knowing I paid $700 for nothing until that money is back in USD.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread