BITCOIN

q6543

Established Member
I’ve began investing in Cardano, decentraland and sandbox.

I actually believe there will be a future for private metaverse.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Aren’t Dex’s and swaps just allowing for people to get around paying taxes?

Is that why the government is going after those?

maybe but i'm not sure b/c there's no way to "cash out" without connecting to your actual bank account.

I think feds are more concerned about KYC-ing bitcoin...they want all the bitcoin to be in ETFs so it's controlled by the banks. It will make CBDCs alot easier to implement.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Aren’t Dex’s and swaps just allowing for people to get around paying taxes?

Is that why the government is going after those?

also, most of the stuff i just mentioned are not DEXs or Swaps!!!!

They are simply wallets that allow a person to take ownership of their coins.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
idk how this pans out, but i've got a post in here somewhere stating i was concerned of the then 81% institution owned BTC not being the decentralized money we thought it'd be...appears to be heading the way we don't want it to be, no?

98SVTContour98

Established Member
idk how this pans out, but i've got a post in here somewhere stating i was concerned of the then 81% institution owned BTC not being the decentralized money we thought it'd be...appears to be heading the way we don't want it to be, no?

You'd have to post that source again, I dont think 81% is Institutionally owned.

However, ownership doesn't control the protocol...it will make life harder for people who dont already self-custody.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
You'd have to post that source again, I dont think 81% is Institutionally owned.

However, ownership doesn't control the protocol...it will make life harder for people who dont already self-custody.
i'll look for it, saw it on twitter but it's been forever...could be complete BS, but doesn't feel like it anymore

98SVTContour98

Established Member
i was VERY pro BTC until recently. my main positives were it being a tool of the small guy and not controlled by "the man"...

well, it's 80% institution owned now...and seems to follow SPY also. so why not just invest in familiar stocks with less risk? (yes i realize they tanked heavily also)

when trudeau went after it and they tried to ban russian transactions, it was the end for me. it took everything it stood for and crushed it it my eyes.

now coinbase is giving up tracking info?? wtf man

if anyone can make sense of this i'm all ears, not trying to argue, just lost confidence in what i saw in it for the future

no source on the 80% but it seems like the main thing that shook your faith here was a tyrannical govt banning banks accounts and bitcoin addresses.

this is normal life for bad govts, it is what most govts will do and it actually doesn't impact your bitcoin at all since you can create 100 new addresses in 5 minutes.

Currently, a bad govt can COMPLETELY TAKE AWAY YOUR CURRENT BANK ACCOUNT/VISA CARD/RETIREMENT ACCOUNT, METALS, etc.

So we must think in terms of...what gives us the best chance to transact freely?

I'd argue Bitcoin. It's the only thing you can truly own and no govt can seize/steal from you. Let's say the USSA bans coinbase and all bitcoin wallets, forces CBDCs/social credit scores/etc....worst case scenario right?

You can memorize your 12 words and move to a bitcoin friendly country! It's the ONLY thing that can accomplish that task! gold/silver/dollars/drugs/guns/ammo will all get seized at the border.

MG0h3

Established Member
Whoa whoa whoa there buddy.

Haven’t you been mocking people saying the GOV would takeover or control shitcoin?

Now you’re complaining about it?

Allowing Wall Street to take it into ETFs was the first step. I don’t know what you thought would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Whoa whoa whoa there buddy.

Haven’t you been mocking people saying the GOV would takeover or control shitcoin?

Now you’re complaining about it?

Allowing Wall Street to take it into ETFs was the first step. I don’t know what you thought would happen.

Hubris on my part however the mocking was mostly centered around...

"don't invest in the one asset with the best properties b/c the USSA will ban it"

In reality, I'm not sure it will matter ban vs no ban since it's a global network.

I do find the freedom infringement disgusting.

MG0h3

Established Member
Hubris on my part however the mocking was mostly centered around...

"don't invest in the one asset with the best properties b/c the USSA will ban it"

In reality, I'm not sure it will matter ban vs no ban since it's a global network.

I do find the freedom infringement disgusting.
I believe the freedom infringement you are referring to is called regulation.

I recall chatter of it replacing or working alongside the USD. lol. You were inviting the GOV to take it over/regulate it by even muttering that.

All of this was inevitable if you wanted it to become mainstream.

Whatever dream the crypto people had of being free or the perception of control there was is gone.

How you thought you would maintain any of that while being owned by Wallstreet was odd to me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
no source on the 80% but it seems like the main thing that shook your faith here was a tyrannical govt banning banks accounts and bitcoin addresses.

this is normal life for bad govts, it is what most govts will do and it actually doesn't impact your bitcoin at all since you can create 100 new addresses in 5 minutes.

Currently, a bad govt can COMPLETELY TAKE AWAY YOUR CURRENT BANK ACCOUNT/VISA CARD/RETIREMENT ACCOUNT, METALS, etc.

So we must think in terms of...what gives us the best chance to transact freely?

I'd argue Bitcoin. It's the only thing you can truly own and no govt can seize/steal from you. Let's say the USSA bans coinbase and all bitcoin wallets, forces CBDCs/social credit scores/etc....worst case scenario right?

You can memorize your 12 words and move to a bitcoin friendly country! It's the ONLY thing that can accomplish that task! gold/silver/dollars/drugs/guns/ammo will all get seized at the border.
yes, deciding you couldn't send money to russian addresses, truckers in canada...that's not "decentralized" enough for me, if the GOVT controls it to that extent. the freelancing wild west part of it is gone i feel like.

i also feel like while you maybe can make 100 addresses in 5 minutes, the rest of us have a hard enough time just using coinbase lol (joking, but you get my point...imagine an older person going from a jitterbug to an iphone 15). i don't know how to use cold storage and no one i personally know does either, besides one fella who's had the FBI at his house because he's so "good" on a computer

i had high hopes...

98SVTContour98

Established Member
yes, deciding you couldn't send money to russian addresses, truckers in canada...that's not "decentralized" enough for me, if the GOVT controls it to that extent. the freelancing wild west part of it is gone i feel like.

i also feel like while you maybe can make 100 addresses in 5 minutes, the rest of us have a hard enough time just using coinbase lol (joking, but you get my point...imagine an older person going from a jitterbug to an iphone 15). i don't know how to use cold storage and no one i personally know does either, besides one fella who's had the FBI at his house because he's so "good" on a computer

i had high hopes...

So you are hoping something better comes along then i guess?

MG0h3

Established Member
It’s so complicated.

We should create centralized places where we can keep our crypto. We could call them banks.

Each person could have their own account.

We could get issued cards that instantly access the BTC. Call them debit cards maybe.

You always have to change BTC to dollars in the end anyways right?

Nobody buys gold with dollars, to then spend the gold as money.

Users who are viewing this thread